• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WFC Going offline May 20th... local area trading still possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Title says it all. With WFC support going bye-bye May 20th, obviously true online trading with 4th and 5th gen will be gone. Will you still be able to trade with somebody that's right next to you though? Or do I need to speed up my plans to get a 2nd DS and trade all my stuff up through HG to White, and then to X?

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
I believe that it still will be open wirelessly. I never was a fan of Wi-Fi back in the day, and I have absolutly no trouble trading with friends. Plus, how can you trade with someone on the street where there is no Wi-Fi? It is it's own thing and runs separately.

You'll be fine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.