• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What’s your favorite/least favorite battle in the anime?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Favorite: Ash vs Paul
Least Favorite: Ash vs Ritchie

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I disliked Ash vs Cameron due to a bunch of errors.Like how he said 3 battles in a row was a lot for even Pikachu even after Pignite had 3 in a row.Riolu kept dodging undodgable moves like Aerial ace and it was basically a Pikachu and Pignite sweep on his whole team and Ash only lost because of Riolu evolving.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Favorite: Dawn vs May, Ash vs Gary, Ash vs Paul, and Ash vs Kukui
Least favorite: Ash vs Ritchie and Ash vs Cameron

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Favorite: Ash vs. Kukui, Ash vs. Alain, Ash vs. Gladion, and Ash vs. Drake

Least favorite: Ash vs Ritchie and Ash vs. Hau,

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
This thread belongs in Polls.

Favorite: Ash vs Kukui, Ash v Gary @Johto a close second

Least favorite: Ash v Paul
(No, there is nothing you can say that will ever change my mind about this awful battle)

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I think the reason people liked the Ash vs Paul battle was because of how unpredictable it was and it had lots of strategy.

MartínK

Favorite: Ash vs Paul (PL), Ash vs Gary (Johto), Ash vs Kukui, Ash vs Sawyer (PL)
Least Favorite; Ash vs Cameron, Ash vs Ritchie, Ash vs Hau (PL)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Favorite: Ash vs Paul, Ash vs Gary, Ash vs Brandon, Kiawe vs Brock, Ash vs Misty(Mega), Ash vs May, Ash vs Surge, Ash vs Guzma
Least Favorite: Ash vs Diantha(Bunch of hype that literally went nowhere), Ash vs Alain(All of them, it was just the same thing again and again....), Ash vs Hau(League, the previous one was alright), Ash vs Roxie, Ash's loss against a level 5 Snivy, Ash vs Kukui

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think the reason people liked the Ash vs Paul battle was because of how unpredictable it was and it had lots of strategy.
Unpredictable? Ha, what a joke. By the time of the League battle, it was obvious the writers had zero interest in giving Paul meaningful consequences for his actions (He still had Chimchar and blamed it for losing during his his battle with Cynthia, which he later abandoned like the coward he is [and for which the writers horribly had Ash defend his cowardice], and the loss to Brandon is meaningless, as Ash lost twice and nearly lost a third time to him), so they let him destroy Ash's team with only 2 Pokemon. A damn meaningful consequence would have been having any, if not most, of Paul's Pokemon be disloyal for his constant abuse of them.

Strategy? Another laughable praise often given to this mockery of the anime. All Paul did was use brute force again and again and again and it was allowed to work for him and only him. Grabbing a Pokemon isn't a strategy and a Counter Shield like Gastrodon's should be treated like the joke it is instead of some amazing tactical move.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I hope Ash gets a rematch with Tobias but this time he would use his best team and Tobias would have his other 4 Pokémon revealed

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
My favorite battles are: Ash vs. Kukui, Ash vs. Gary, Ash vs. Noland

My least favorite battles are: Ash vs. Elesa, Ash vs. Roxie, and Ash vs. Cameron.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Favorite: Ash vs Paul, Ash vs Alain, Ash vs Kukui
Least: Ash vs Ritchie, Ash vs Hau, Jessie vs James Alola league.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Favorite: Gary vs Ash (Silver League), Ash vs Harrison

Least Favorite: Ash vs Cameron

Ash vs Cameron was total BS. Absolutely nothing could ever justify Ash losing to a complete moron.

RLC

favorite: ash vs paul(pl and lake acuity) , ash vs sawyer, ash vs kuki , ash vs alain(all),ash vs gary and ash vs brandon
least favorite: ash vs trip (the first battle)

IkeBayern

* Least favorite:

Ash vs Hau

Ash vs Cameron

Ash vs Richie

Ash vs Elesa

* Some of my favorites are:

Ash vs Kukui

Ash vs Sawyer

Ash vs Brandon (I feel like that this should’ve been a full battle)

Ash vs Harrison

Ash vs Katie

Ash vs Volkner

* My favorite non-Ash battles:

Paul vs Barry (complete annihilation)

Brock vs Kiawe (Good to see Brock still has it)

Delia vs Team Skull (nothing special but I feel like Ms.Ketchum may be hiding something from us )

Lana vs Guzma (brutal as hell)

Dawn vs Zoey

May vs Drew

Reactions: RLC

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Favorite: Ash vs Kukui, Ash vs Paul and Ash vs Sawyer
Least favourite: Ash vs Cameron, ash vs elesa and ash vs Ritchie. (I personally don't mind the Hau match that much :p)

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
They could've at least given Cameron another pokemon and I think the Ash vs Hau battle would've been better if it was a 2v2 and they used Pikachu and Alolan Raichu.

Last edited: