1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What’s your favorite team of Ash’s?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Ignition, Sep 14, 2019.

?

Favorite regional team of Ash’s?

1. Kanto: Pikachu, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Kingler, Primeape, Muk, Tauros

13.9%
  2. Orange Islands: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Lapras, Snorlax

13.9%
  3. Johto: Pikachu, Heracross, Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Phanpy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hoenn/AG: Pikachu, Swellow, Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie, Donphan*

11.1%
  5. Sinnoh: Pikachu, Aipom, Staraptor, Torterra, Infernape, Buizel, Gliscor, Gible

19.4%
  6. Unova: Pikachu, Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Boldore, Palpitoad, Krookodil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Kalos: Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Goodra, Noivern

30.6%
  8. Alola: Pikachu, Rowlet, Lycanroc, Torracat, Poipole, Melmetal

11.1%
  1. Ignition

Ignition Incineroar wins yet again (proud of my son)

Was going to wait until SM finished/before SWSH starts but outside of Torracat and Poipole evolving, I think it’s safe to say his Alolan captures are finished. So which regional team was your favorite of Ash’s and why? There’s no criteria as people like a Pokèmon for various reasons ranging from battling capabilities to personality (or both).

I didn’t count anything that wasn’t an official capture (Haunter, Larvitar, Nebby). Past Pokèmon joining the team later on the saga is a gray area so feel free to feel as though they’re part of the team for that region if you want.

Lunalah likes this.
  2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

I liked the team he had during the Battle Frontier the most which includes whatever reserves he used during it.

mehmeh1, Sham and keepitsimple like this.
  3. Lunalah

Lunalah Well-Known Member

Ash's earlier Kanto team (Pikachu, Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto, Butterfree) because the starters had a lot of personality and even the two flying types were pretty cool.

4. Sham

Sham Strongest monarch

I don’t know if it’s just because I don’t care about Ash but I really can’t figure out which team I like which says a lot. I guess if I had to choose his BW Pokémon....just because of their personalities despite them being trash barring Levanny and Krookodile.

5. I liked all of them (for different reasons), but if I had to chose I'd go for his first one because it's from Kanto, just like Ash.

6. CMButch

CMButch Well-Known Member

Kalos, Sinnoh is close second.

J.Agera and Lunalah like this.
  7. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

Ash's Sinnoh region team minus Aipom who I don't count as part of that team since she was a traitor who spent more time with Dawn than with Ash.

Togekiis, Ignition and Lunalah like this.
  8. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

Sinnoh for me. Infernape is one of my all-time favorite Pokémon due to Ash’s, Staraptor was a typical bird but still had a nice personality, Buizel and Aipom were both very fun and had the only trading plot between mains that wasn’t demonized/portrayed as a betrayal. Torterra was eh, but Gliscor and Gible were both so charming to watch.

Next for me would be a tie between Hoenn and Unova. Even if there were some jobbers, most of them all had such stand-out personalities (Glalie, Snivy, Oshawott, Krookodile, Scraggy, Corphish, Torkoal, Sceptile). I like parts of his Kalos team- Hawlucha and Talonflame especially- but as a whole I wasn’t a huge fan of it.

Kuzehiko, Togekiis and Ignition like this.
  9. J.Agera

J.Agera I am 10 Billion Percent Sure

Kalos is my personal favorite with Sinnoh/Hoenn closely behind.
    Personality wise they are all the same to me.
    Power wise, Kalos undoubtedly.
    Variety wise, Hoenn or Sinnoh.

10. Ayawan

Ayawan HE Won!!!

I love his SM Team because of their bond and personality. I also like his original team (but I voted for SM).

Togekiis likes this.
  11. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

Personality-wise:
    Alola
    Variety-wise:
    Sinnoh
    Power-wise:
    Kalos

12. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Feat-wise:
    Hoenn
    Bonding-wise:
    Kanto

maartjeverhoef likes this.
  13. thedarkdragon11

thedarkdragon11 P4P Elite

Johto, well-balanced in all aspects...

saradanaruto and Togekiis like this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

Satoshi's Kanto team is my favorite even to this day since I liked every single member of his team back then, even Lizardon despite his disobedience. I think that my second favorite team of Satoshi's would be his AG team, specifically his final Houen League line-up.

PorcelainVulpix and saradanaruto like this.
  15. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Well-Known Member

Ash's Hoenn team was balanced especially at the Ever Grande Conference,Swellow,Grovyle and Glalie were Ash's heavy hitters with Pikachu just a little bit behind them but ahead of Torkoal and Corphish.He made it all the way to the Top 8 of the Hoenn League using only these pokemon.None were truly in that Charizard/Infernape/Greninja role where they swept half a team along with taking down the opponent's ace.

I'd also say this is the first time where Ash truly started to train a team and for the Hoenn team he didn't send any of them to someone else for special training like with Charizard and Gliscor or befriend a pokemon that originally belonged to another trainer that already put it through training like Infernape.The Kanto team comes in second place for personality.

16. Frozocrone

Frozocrone Miraculous!

Orange Islands for me, although I appreciate Alola and specific Pokémon from other teams (Hawlucha, Gliscor, Sceptile, Krookodile).

PorcelainVulpix and saradanaruto like this.
  17. saradanaruto

saradanaruto Uchiha

I will say his Sinnoh roster because I thought that all of his Pokemon were well trained which doesn't always happen in recent sagas. I was a big fan of Infernape and Buizel.

18. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

Kanto - Okay
    Johto - Meh (thanks to Charizard taking the spotlight in late Johto)
    Hoenn - Good
    Sinnoh - Great
    Unova - Awful
    Kalos - Okay
    Alola - Awful

19. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

I would of liked his Sinnoh team better if he had kept Aipom instead of trading it away

20. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Nothing will ever top the DP squad.
    The one and only time Ash had multiple starters evolve all the way, Infernape has the best arc for a starter Pokemon, Staraptor was actually interesting which you can't say the same for the BW and XY bird lol, and Ash had to work with pretty much all his Pokemon at one point to accomplish stuff. And Buizel's his best Water type to date! And Ash FINALLY got a damn Dragon!

AG was awesome t00, but if one counts Donphan and others then one can also count Quilava, Sceptile, Heracross, and all of Ash's other Pokemon who showed up in DP. So DP still wins :p

I love how his XY team turned out, that is how his teams should look. Only one or two unevolved Pokemon, and everyone else fully evolved! Torracat and Poipole should have... no, needed to evolved -_-
    But despite turning out great, only Greninja actually got focus and Talonflame hogged all the gyms! Goodra and Noivern had awful development. Hawlucha's the only one you can say had the right amount of focus, not too much nor too little.