• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What’s your favorite team of Ash’s?

Favorite regional team of Ash’s?

• Johto: Pikachu, Heracross, Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Phanpy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Kanto - personality wise (this was by far my fave version of Pikachu) and because they all had pretty unique + strong bonds with Ash, or at least the starters did

Kalos - cos they were all as fully evolved as you could get and imo the strongest regional team he had + liked the colour scheme of the team in general

Sinnoh was also great

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
This is hard..

Infernape is one of my all time favs and I liked Buizel a lot. I also adore the Kanto and Johto starter trios.

I ultimately went with Kanto for Pikachu, the starters and butterfree.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
His hoenn team was most well balanced imo, while his kanto one was more iconic, and kalos is to date only team that is fully evolved. Those three teams are favourites.

This is hard..

Infernape is one of my all time favs and I liked Buizel a lot. I also adore the Kanto and Johto starter trios.

I ultimately went with Kanto for Pikachu, the starters and butterfree.

Well you have to include pikachu and charizard along with greninja as well since they jobbed at the league a well while being lst pokemon charizard two times and pikachu three times.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
His hoenn team was most well balanced imo, while his kanto one was more iconic, and kalos is to date only team that is fully evolved. Those three teams are favourites.

Well you have to include pikachu and charizard along with greninja as well since they jobbed at the league a well while being lst pokemon charizard two times and pikachu three times.

I’m not really judging off their league performances just more so on my personal biases. I actually hated Charmeleon for being a little sh*t and I didn’t want to like Charizard either but he grew on me and I have a huge soft spot for Charizard now.

I also loved Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Butterfree being Ash’s first capture is sentimental and I still love the Bye Bye Butterfree episode.

Pikachu is clearly a fan favorite but I especially love chubby Pikachu from Kanto.

So I went with his Kanto team for having the most amount of Pokémon on it that I adored.

Honorable mention to primeape just because Primeape Goes Bananas is one of the most hilarious episodes even if the Pokémon itself isn’t that memoriable.

Red and Blue

Outside of being the only team to be fully evolved, I don't really care much for his Kalos team now that I think about it. Too much type overlap with Flying and Dragon for my liking.

Krackochu

His alola team was just very memorable and fun I like almost all of them equally
I also believe the same for his sinnoh and Kanto team as all three of these teams seem memorable his hoenn team was also great although the alola team and sinnoh team are my favorites

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
His Kalos team followed by his Sinnoh region team. I thought both were almost perfect although I'm sour that Ash didn't catch a Grass mon in Kalos.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
His Kalos team followed by his Sinnoh region team. I thought both were almost perfect although I'm sour that Ash didn't catch a Grass mon in Kalos.

I was less disappointed with the absence of a Grass-type on Satoshi's XY team and more upset that he had an empty spot on his team for such a long time after Numelgon's departure. Of course Numelgon refilled that vacancy at the Kalos League, but the team still didn't feel complete to me throughout the whole XY series.

MegaSalamence05

Alola only because I thought they were majoritively developed. My main thing is Character development. Ash's Incineroar has an arc that I dreamt to see even though I would've loved more episodes covering it. Ash's Melmetal is awesome and finally Ash can be looked at by his peers as Tobias for pulling out a Mythical pokemon. You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. (Hey Tobias 2.0)

Sinnoh, Hoenn and Kalos would be the next trio in no particular order because I love them all equally.

Ash's Alola team you have to approach it differently than the others because it wasn't melded and geared towards the norm and specifics of past generations. The main setting was a school which can be hindrance to its status. Sure it had its flaws, every generation has its flaws.

My main flaw for Sinnoh - There was a full year between the 7th gym and the 8th gym you could do alot more character development. Infernape had the character development not a lot for the others, that was spread around.

My main flaw for Kalos - There was no character development for both Goodra and Noivern. Ash's Goodra had a 16 episode arc which definitely should've been more spread out than how condensed it was. Noivern's a good big reliable guy that was reliable on losing battles. (I love the pokemon but they did Noivern so dirty here). It should've had a lot more character development than just conveniently evolving against a Wild Zapdos. Talonflame's evolution made sense. But Noibat to Noivern should have been more wide in the development side of things. (They had Ash's Greninja which was responsible for a lot of great moments). That was big drawback, Ash's Goodra getting released so quickly and condensing its arc to 16 episodes and having cameo appearances, Ash's Noivern and its reliable meme status and it's a great pokemon but they made a mess there. Ash's Greninja took the lion's share of the character development which some of it could of been shared.

My main flaw for Hoenn (This was my favourite season of episodes besides Alola) was the timing of its evolutions. We didn't get much time with them. Sceptile is my favourite Pokemon so there is some bias here. With Ash's Glalie being surprising but we didn't get time with it. It evolved during May's Grand Festival in Hoenn and then a few episodes later the Hoenn league starts. I wished Ash got a Flygon and his rival Morrison had a Salamence while Tyson stil had his Metagross. Instead of having Donphan join up for the Battle Frontier but that's for the speculation and what if and not appreciating it at face value just more a less a nitpick.

To recap in my opinion:

Alola
--
Sinnoh -- Kalos -- Hoenn (all tied)
Kanto
Orange Island
Johto
Unova

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Thought I answered this. Here’s my rankings:

Sinnoh>Hoenn>Kalos>Alola>Unova>Kanto>Johto

Sinnoh is the most balanced team. Everyone got an arc in some fashion even if Infernape got a little too much. Staraptor has one of the best personalities of a bird (Swellow is tied) with its hard willed yet slightly birdbrain personality. Torterra was sort of a mixture of Bulbasaur and Totodile when it was a Turtwig while Grotle had shown a desire to improve its battle style while also caring for others. Buizel was cocky and stoic yet a big softie like Sceptile. Gliscor went from a crybaby to a formidable part of Ash’s team, Gible was nice comedic relief that should’ve done more. Everyone knows Chimchar/Infernape’s reasonings for being highly liked. Everyone felt like they added something to the team even if Torterra and Staraptor got shafted towards the end. I also really liked how they felt like a family outside of just being under the same Trainer. It really shows in episodes like when Chimchar battles Paul’s Ursaring and all the other Pokémon cheer up Gligar after losing or look concerned about Chimchar. There’s also the episode that shows Ash and his team’s shared mood about losing to Paul in the full battle.

Hoenn was similar to Sinnoh though so it can honestly be tied though admittedly I kind of forget about their moments and just remember their personalities and dynamics. They also have an impressive track record in both the Hoenn League and Battle Frontier.

Everyone complains about Kalos’s type overlap even though I don’t see a problem when this has a problem in every series’ prior to it. Even though they were more on the serious side, they still have good personalities. Greninja was always noble with a kind heart. Talonflame never had a consistent personality but it was still a cool Pokémon. Hawlucha is similar to Buizel and Sceptile (which is my favorite character archetype) with its showboating. Goodra was a big softie. Noivern has a nice dynamic with Hawlucha. Wish they had more time together outside of battles.

Alola is meh as a team. I think they’re characterized fine but I don’t think they’re anything special like most people here do. I honestly don’t like Rowlet and (Dusk) Lycanroc as species but I gotta admit the anime slipped in a few scenes that made me like them more. Rowlet’s sleeping jokes got old quickly though and I always found Lycanroc’s arc dumb (red eyes because it gets dirty lol). Poipole was kind of annoying as well but Naganadel was a cool Pokémon that made more of an impact on the show its 4 episodes than Poipole did in its entire arc. Meltan was a loveable “baby” of the group and a much better replacement than Poipole. Melmetal was a gentle giant who loved to shows its strength. The main thing that saves this team is Incineroar. Almost everyone here knows why I like this thing and it’s arc but to put it simply: I like how it goes from untrusting and shut in to more accepting of Ash without it seeming forced. The way Kukui and his Incineroar help it come out of its shell after Stoutland’s passing is a very heartwarming story only behind Infernape for me in the entire franchise. I also didn’t like how Pikachu and Lycanroc did 90% of the battling.

Unova is the embodiment of missed opportunity but Pignite, Snivy, Leavanny, & Krookodile save them for it. Also liked what little we saw of Boldore and Palpitoad

Kanto is not that memorable to me outside of a few episodes like each Pokémon’s debut. The team (mainly the original 6 w/o Pidgeotto & Butterfree) have some good personalities but they didn’t do much with them. Bulbasuar and Squirtle have a nice dynamic with their polar opposite personalities. Charizard is the only reason I like the species after the recent overexposure. Pikachu will always be likeable. Primeape will always be my favorite of the OS Pokémon. Snorlax & Muk are loveable giants. Kingler saying Kookie is a good enough reasoning to like it. They’re fine but their personalities didn’t go anywhere to make them that memorable for me.

I don’t care for his Johto team outside of Heracross, Noctowl, and Phanpy.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I was about to let my nostalgia say Sinnoh team but looking back, there were a lot of sinnoh mons too that were undeveloped in favour of infernape.

So that's why Alola. Imo it is the best well rounded team we ever have. For the first time there was no clear ace as all were developed strongly and properly. Not only that, all were shown having vibrant personalities and retaining them. Alola team is just amazing and his strongest team yet imo. Tho I easily see PM trumping it by the end of its run.

Status
Not open for further replies.