• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What 5th gen pokemon would you have liked to see have an evolution?

If Luvdisc and Alomomola were related, would there be a(n)

• evolution of alomomola

Votes: 19 10.4%
  • evolution of luvdisc

Votes: 104 57.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 22 12.1%
  • Meh...

Votes: 37 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yungerer

The Kinetic Kadabra
I know the producers of Pokemon wanted to keep the fifth Generation completely new (minus Pikachu), though there are many examples of possible evolutions and family tree's throughout Unova.

Obviously Luvdisc should be evolving into Alomomola ~ there's too much of a resemblance for them not to be related.

Basculin could do with an evolution.

Maractus could do with a pre-evolution.

Emolga could be related to Pachirisu in some way. One could have been pure-female, the other pure-male. Each of them evolving into the same Pokemon (of both genders).

Stunfisk could use an evolution.

Druddigon could use a pre-evolution.

Bouffalant could easily be related to Tauros, in much the same way that I've placed Emolga and Pachirisu together.

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
Luvdisc evolved into alomolonomololoma, not in the way pokemon do, but in the way animals do in real life! I know it usually takes millions of years for a separate species to crop up, but consider what scientists in the pokemon world can already do: teleport, revive pokemon from fossils, summon eldritch abominations, etc.

Grey Wind

I know the producers of Pokemon wanted to keep the fifth Generation completely new (minus Pikachu), though there are many examples of possible evolutions and family tree's throughout Unova.

Obviously Luvdisc should be evolving into Alomomola ~ there's too much of a resemblance for them not to be related.

Basculin could do with an evolution.

Maractus could do with a pre-evolution.

Emolga could be related to Pachirisu in some way. One could have been pure-female, the other pure-male. Each of them evolving into the same Pokemon (of both genders).

Stunfisk could use an evolution.

Druddigon could use a pre-evolution.

Bouffalant could easily be related to Tauros, in much the same way that I've placed Emolga and Pachirisu together.
Just because two Pokemon look similar doesn't mean they have to be related. Emolga is this generations cute electric rodent, just like Pachirisu was. They're bound to look similar. And Bouffalant is a buffalo, while Tauros is a bull. A lot of fifth generation Pokemon are similar to one another, because there's no old Pokemon pre-Elite Four.

Arcanine724

I am the Batman
Pokemon that need a stronger evolution: Basculin, Emolga, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Durant, Volcarona

Pokemon that need a weaker evolution: Alomomola (Luvdisc), Maractus, Druddigon

Shinx_

I would really like for Keldeo to get an evolution. We know accord to its story that it was left by its parents and adopted by the trio, which means it a evolution certainly seems possible, especially because now it just looks like a baby version of something much bigger.

Well no legendary should have an evolution. That would just be weird. In the pokedex it says "colt pokemon" or something like that. If it wasnt a legendary though i would totally argree with you. :)

Cratess

Ghostbuster
I would want to see Druddigon have a pre-evolution or evolution.

I think I would have loved to see Alomomola get one, especially since many thought it was an evolution of Luvdisc... Be nice to see the new fish less sad as far as offenses are concerned.

Yeah! I think Volcarona could look quite legendary if it evolved!

But what about it appearing in the Relic Castle?! If it evolved it being there would lose all meaning.

Not to mention its physical defense would see the biggest buff; you wouldn't even need to pass defense boosts to it! O_O;;

Finally all it really needs ability-wise is Tinted Lens xD

Smugleaf&Mudkip

Heart Tamer
I'd like to see Druddigon evolve - maybe into something similar to a quadrupedial dragon with armour-like plates on it.

Wait, were they already on the poll? I really didn't see it >_>

Don't know how to answer that...

Watchog would be an even better choice, I think it's the first fully-evolved Pokemon with a catch rate of 255 yet, plus it only gives 1 Attack EV (what). If that doesn't scream out for an evolution I don't think anything does.

rocky505

Swoobat has a good chance of getting an evo. Zebstrika could aswell.

Scrufox86

Ok now i know it isn't an evolution but i think Vanillish and evolutions need some form changes. What about Chocolish and Strawberish forms?

Although i was disappointed with Stunfisk. typing is good but i felt it was a waste so could use an evolution. Even if it isn't much better it could be like Scyther/Scizor with a base stat shuffling.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Basculin seemed a bit underdone. I can see that getting a nice evo next time, perhaps something in a water/dark type? Like a giant, long pike with scary fangs? Basically Huntail but better.

And people, people, people. Luvdisc and Alomomola aren't related and never will be. Fuh God's sake, give it up.

Joey3264

Advanced Gamer
i was hoping to see a lapras Pre-evolution and abysol evolution some time in the future.
and I'm surprised that Alomomola wasn't Luvdisc's evolution

Crymzon1980

Acro Bike Mechanic
Personally i think Basculin is cool as is, I was suprised as well when Bouffalant/Alomomola weren't evos of Tauros/Luvdisc. I could see a pre-evo or an alternate for of druddigon, i just hate that it's so slow.

Maybe do to Gothorita like they did to Kirlia, give the male a stone evolution but with Dark Stone. Psychic/Dark would be an interesting combo for it.

SCBoogie

i$e CreMe Man
Ferrothorn needs an evolution quite desperately.

Ferrothorn? No way!

It's one of the most popular gen5 pkmn competitively, has so many niches (My fav is actually very basic - Curse/Power Whip/Gyro Ball/Toxic Spikes)

It's basically like a much better equivalent to the Forretress family. And honestly, what could you see it evolving into anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.