• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What a Derpy Team...

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I thought I'd do something fun for my next playthrough of Black version. As the title suggests, I'm using pokemon with derpy expressions on their faces. (no I'm not making fun of these guys by doing this, they're awesome!)

Just a few little notes: I don't EV train in-game, and I'm not going to post natures for some of these. The reason for this is because I'm honestly not sure what natures to give them, so if you guys could make suggestions, that would be great :) Also, the reason I don’t have items posted is because I like to switch around what items my Pokemon hold, I’m never consistent.
Alright, rate away :)
618_stunfisk_front_norm.png

Stunfisk (modest)
Ability: Static
-earth power
-discharge
-scald
-sludge bomb

Stunfisk: the star of the show. I have a specific reason for this moveset. With the exception of Earth Power, every one of its moves has a 30% chance of causing a status ailment. I know Sludge Bomb has a bad offensive typing, but I like the 30% chance of poisoning the opponent and I don’t have the patience to breed for a certain hidden power type.

591-frame1.png

Amoongus
Ability: Effect Spore
-Spore
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Payback

This is one that I’m not sure about a nature. I’m going mixed, and because I’m using Payback, I was thinking -spd, but I’m not quite sure. Spore for causing sleep, Giga Drain for STAB and recovery, Sludge Bomb for STAB (and because I like that move for some reason :p), and Payback because Amoongus is slow.

537_seismitoad_front_norm.png

Seismitoad
Ability: Water Absorb
-Surf
-Drain Punch
-Earthquake
-Hyper Voice

Once again, not sure about a nature. Surf and Earthquake for STAB, Drain Punch for recovery, Hyper Voice because it gets great coverage with Surf, and because I had originally thought of giving it Sludge Wave and realized that it would have almost the same coverage as Stunfisk.

584-frame1.png

Vanilluxe (modest/timid)
Ability: Ice Body
-Hail/Uproar
-Blizzard/Ice Beam
-Flash Cannon
-Water Pulse

I’m not really sure about the moveset on this one. If I use Hail, it will help Vanilluxe but hurt the rest of my team. If I don’t use Hail, its ability will be useless. Ice Beam/Blizzard for STAB, the rest is more or less coverage.

80_slowbro_front_norm.png

Slowbro (modest)
-Surf/scald
-Flamethrower
-Psyshock
-Slack Off

Yes, I know, another water Pokemon, but look how adorably derpy it is :3 Surf/Scald and Psyshock for STAB, Slack Off for recovery, and flamethrower for coverage and because it’s fun to have a water type using flamethrower. I’d be willing to replace either Psyshock or Slack Off for another coverage move.

Okay, my last one I have two in mind. I was originally going to use Scrafty until I realized how much I hate it.

Option #1

569-frame1.png

Garbodor (Adamant/Jolly?)
Ability: Stench (I’d rather not change this)
-Rock Polish
-Gunk Shot
-Body Slam
-Smack Down

I like to call this guy, oh ye of little movepool. Unfortunately, I can’t come up with much else. Rock Polish to increase its speed, Gunk Shot for STAB (why the heck can’t it learn poison jab???), Body Slam for coverage and chance of paralysis, Smack Down because I couldn’t come up with something better.

Option #2

437-frame1.png

Bronzong
Ability: Levitate
-Gyro Ball
-Payback/confuse ray?
-Earthquake
-Toxic

How is Bronzong a bit derpy you ask? This picture: http://media.photobucket.com/image/bronzong/Spirit1995/bronzong.png?o=16
Okay, so I’m pushing it a bit, but oh well. Gyro Ball for STAB and because it’s slow, Earthquake to hit steels and other stuff, Payback for coverage or Confuse Ray because I like that move (I know it isn’t all that great, but I like it), and Toxic to take down bulky stuff.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Your team needs Dunsparce.

For an in-game team, this looks great, for the most part. Except for maybe Vanilluxe and Seismitoad(emphasis on maybe), your team is slow, so maybe Bronzong would like Trick Room for tougher trainers, like rivals and Gym Leaders, but it wouldn't be too useful, since speed isn't as big of a deal in-game, but I'm just throwing it out there.

For Vanilluxe, I'd go with Uproar, since you get great coverage with Water Pulse, and Uproar got a nice boost this gen. If you dislike the inability to switch moves when using Uproar, try Explosion, if you have access to it. Useful for a last ditch effort against Gym Leaders and such.

Outside of that, I'd say you have a nice team. A little shaky with two waters, but it's nice in-game.

tyranitar51

(Sorta) Back
Okay, my last one I have two in mind. I was originally going to use Scrafty until I realized how much I hate it.
How dare u

Stunfisk would be better with pain split

Vandslaux

Garbodor does have a pretty good support movepool. (Toxic Spikes, Haze, Spikes, Clear Smog, absorbing Toxic Spikes)
Toxic Spikes is useful against Gym Leaders except Skyla, obviously, and Elesa, for the most part, although it's an easy way to take down her Zebstrika.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Garbodor does have a pretty good support movepool. (Toxic Spikes, Haze, Spikes, Clear Smog, absorbing Toxic Spikes)
Toxic Spikes is useful against Gym Leaders except Skyla, obviously, and Elesa, for the most part, although it's an easy way to take down her Zebstrika.

I had originally planned on teaching it toxic spikes but then I decided to teach it rock polish instead since my entire team is pretty slow. I understand where you're coming from though.

Also, I haven't decided whether to use Garbodor or Bronzong yet.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Hello.

Perhaps it's the presence of Vanilluxe, or maybe it's just based off of your team members, but I can't help but notice how rain would be a nice addition to your team. Since I'm not quite sure what qualifies as derpy, I'll refrain from suggesting Politoed. However:

Vanilluxe @ Damp Rock
Nature: Modest
Ability: Ice Body
- Rain Dance
- Weather Ball
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power[Grass] / Autotomize

Vanilluxe has always been a favorite rain-inducer of mine. Weather Ball becomes an 150 bp attack under rain, surpassing your Ice Beam STAB. HP[Grass] is suggested because it's the best coverage with those other 2 moves; however, I doubt you'll go for that here if you wouldn't with Stunfisk. Autotomize is my next suggestion for quick sweeps. There are other moves to consider in the final slot, but the ones I mentioned are the best (they work better with different EV spreads, but ah well).

Now if that is taken into consideration, you can slap Thunder > Discharge on Stunfisk, giving it a more powerful Electric STAB, as well as pseudo-STAB with Scald.

Amoonguss...shouldn't mix. It's not an offensive Pokemon at all, tbh. Go Bold, and use Stun Spore > Payback. If you truly want to mix, I guess you could go Relaxed, and use Stun Spore > Sludge Bomb.....not using Hidden Power with it hurts its coverage, but ah well.

Sooo Water Absorb is a DW ability, so you can't use that. But that's fine; Swift Swim is a good second option. I'm not too familiar with Seismistoad (mainly because I despise it and its trollish movepool), so I won't bother past the ability change.

EDIT: Wait, I just realized Slowbro is here. That means it isn't just Unova Pokemon. Which means you can use something like Swampert or Gastrodon. Or neither. Actually, you really need a physical Pokemon here...

Slowbro is solid, but Bold > Modest, and Calm Mind > Flamethrower. Oh, and use Scald > Surf. Flamethrower is more suited for Slowking, who can fire off Nasty Plots to make good use of the coverage. And get Regenerator as an ability. No reason not to, in this case.

If I had to pick between the final 2, I'd say Bronzong > Garbodor. But not with that set. Actually, neither are that good for the team (except I guess Zong with RD). You need something physical here.

Whiich I will give later. Haha I'm feeling a bit sleepy now; if I don't pass out, I'll assist some more. Hope this helped.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Thanks for the advice Kerech! I have a few comments though.

First of all, I thought that Swift Swim was Seismitoad's DW ability, so I made an error, and I don't have access to DW

Second, I'm not sure I want to make it a rain team. I usually save that kind of thing for the battle subway, but I'll think about it. It's an interesting idea, I never thought of this as a potential (though highly unconventional) rain team.

Lastly, I figured that with spore on Amoongus, I wouldn't need stun spore as well (either way I'm not a fan of that 75% accuracy) Maybe growth>sludge bomb? I don't know. Chances are I'm going to have to do a lot of experimenting with Amoongus's moveset.

I've decided to go with Bronzong, I'll edit the OP later.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
5th Gen Pokemon currently don't exist in the DW, so that's fine.

Imo, weather teams are a whole lot more useful outside of the Battle Subway, due to the option of having 6 Pokemon instead of 3, which leads to more versatility. In addition, I've found that Vanilluxe is a pretty subpar Pokemon, except I suppose for STAB Ice Beam during a playthrough. However, using it in rain allows you to worry much less about its movepool, to use a move much stronger than Water Pulse for coverage, and to use Hidden Power to create a solid moveset. I originally thought of this set using its DW ability, but that doesn't exist, so that can't be done.

Double status is quite a common strategy amongst Pokemon. Spore is an excellent move, but it won't help you in all situations. Pokemon with Vital Spirit and Insomnia won't care, as well as those with Sleep Talk/Snore. Early Bird Pokemon can drive you crazy too if you just rely on Spore. Since Amoonguss doesn't have much to use to take advantage of sleep, then we see that it is designed to support its teammates. If this is the case, then Stun Spore becomes more useful, allowing you to slow down Pokemon, which will let some of your other slow Pokemon come out ahead. And, unlike sleep, paralysis won't wear off after a couple of turns, so you won't have to repeatedly spam it. As far as Growth goes, I must once again question why one would attempt to use this Pokemon as a sweeper when that is far from its role. I could only see Growth being useful if sun was up; that way, you could overcome the mediocre offensive stats with quick boosts. Right now though, Amoonguss should just be helping out the team, not trying to seize glory for itself.

You are still lacking a physical Pokemon here. It's nice that Seismitoad and Amoonguss are mixing, but neither of their moves/stats will help you bust past special walls. I would strongly recommend adding something physical on here. I can't provide a suggestion though, given I'm still not quite sure what qualifies as derpy, but you really should find one.

Hope this helped.

Diaglio

What about Conkelderp?

Bronzong should be either Relaxed or Sassy to boost a defense while strengthening Gyro Ball.