• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What a long, strange trip it's been...

tm_rckt

This is my first time posting on this forum, but I've been playing Pokémon for 23 years, with Blue Version as my first game. So for all those who started with Generation I, I must ask.

Do you ever look back at the entirety of the series? All the games, the changes and the memories attached to them? And just let it hit you that you've been down this road the whole time?

I saw the Pokémon Special Music Video a while back and it had me thinking about everything I, no...everything we've seen over the last two decades. And to quote the 1977 Grateful Dead album title, "What a long, strange trip it's been."

Leonhart

Imagineer
Back when I was younger I didn't think that the franchise would last longer than 5 years, much less 25. While I admit that I'm still a fan of the franchise, lately I haven't been happy with the latest games, and my interest in the anime has also deteriorated.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Yes I do think about it from time to time. And when I realize I’ve been a fan of this series longer than some fans on here have been alive(Most people I see on the forums nowadays seem to be 25 and under) it makes me feel like “what am I doing with my life?”

tm_rckt

Morax, you shouldn't take that as a bad sign. I think of it as a life well lived, with a road well traveled. And to think it all started with a movie on the TV about four boys walking down railroad tracks.

Morax

King of heroes
Morax, you shouldn't take that as a bad sign. I think of it as a life well lived, with a road well traveled. And to think it all started with a movie on the TV about four boys walking down railroad tracks.
Stop it! (⋟﹏⋞)

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I still remember when I was like seven and my sister was telling me about this new cartoon she watched called Pokemon and it had this pink thing called Jigglypuff that sang its own name like "JIIIIIIIIGALEEEEEPAAAAFF JIIIGALEEEEEEEEEEEEPAAAAAAFFF". The anime was my introduction to both the franchise and anime as a whole, which eventually segued into my current love of world cinema, but nowadays I mostly focus on the games rather than the anime. Pokemon is my second all-time favourite media franchise after Transformers, and it's not something I can ever see myself getting tired of.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I was surprised to find out today that Pokemon has earned $100 billion in its lifetime. I already knew it was the most successful entertainment franchise of all time, but last time I checked it was at $92 billion, so good to know it's still earning money. And there's a wde gap between it and the second biggest franchise, $84 billion for Hello Kitty (I never thought Hello Kitty was that MASSIVE).

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Which boys?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was surprised to find out today that Pokemon has earned $100 billion in its lifetime. I already knew it was the most successful entertainment franchise of all time, but last time I checked it was at $92 billion, so good to know it's still earning money. And there's a wde gap between it and the second biggest franchise, $84 billion for Hello Kitty (I never thought Hello Kitty was that MASSIVE).
While I'm glad that the franchise has been very successful for more than 20 years, I have to admit that I'm not particularly intrigued by its total earnings. I just find it a bit irrelevant considering that all of this money goes to Nintendo and Game Freak and whatever business partners they team up with: it doesn't directly benefit consumers.

Monox D. I-Fly

While I'm glad that the franchise has been very successful for more than 20 years, I have to admit that I'm not particularly intrigued by its total earnings. I just find it a bit irrelevant considering that all of this money goes to Nintendo and Game Freak and whatever business partners they team up with: it doesn't directly benefit consumers.
While it doesn't directly benefit consumers, it ensures that the franchise will keep going. It give fans hope that their journey will always continue.