• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What? A OU Sun team?

Creeper

om nom nom
As the title suggests, this is a 5th Gen OU Sun team.
Team at a Glance:
038.gif
485.gif
392.gif
381.gif
059.gif
547.gif

The Team
038.gif

Ninetales (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- SolarBeam
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot on non-faster/weather leads, in which I switch to Whimscott for weather inducers. If faster, Fire Blast. Then more fire blast unless opponent has Heatran.

547.gif

Whimsicott (M) @ Big Root
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Encore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
This is a MASTER troll. Encore a stat boost, sub on the switch, leech seed/Giga Drain, if sub breaks, put up a new one.
EVs for HP are to have bulky subs, Sp. Att for Giga Drain.
485.gif

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 spA/220 spe/36 HP
Modest (+ Sp. Att, -Att.)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Stealth Rock
A bulky-ish Heatran. Works nicely, lets me survive more, and Fire Blast takes out HUGE chucks of health. Stealth Rock on switches.
Bulk is to survive, Sp. Att is Sp. Att, Spd is to hit first over other threats.
059.gif

Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Crunch
My new anti-weather. It is pure GOOD. Wild Charge to screw Politoed, Close Combat for T-Tar, Flare Blitz for crazy damage, and Crunch is filler.

392.gif

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Mach Punch
- Overheat
- Close Combat
My Infernape. Overheat to kill stuff, U-turn out. Mach Punch to pick wounded foes off and kill Excadrill.
381.gif

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
My Latios. Draco Meteor shoud be an "It's an OHKO!", HP Fire is for Ferro, T-bolt for coverage, and Psyshock for STAB and Blissey Murder.

Changes in Bold.

Last edited:

Vecte

Iron Fist is released, it just can't be bred. If you are using a mixset on Nape, the following would be decent with Iron Fist:

Overheat
Close Combat
Mach Punch
U-Turn

Iron Fist would be better for the Mach Punches, which would be the only thing that would benefit from it. Overheat would benefit from Blaze, but it would be completely situational, where as Mach Punch would have the Iron Fist benefit all the time.

Last edited:

Vecte

Ah. In that case, Iron Fist is added.

Thunderpunch + Iron Fist is not legal. The only Chimchar available with Iron Fist are going to be male. Take a look at the set I posted, it may benefit you. Also, with Overheat, you only need 4 Sp. Attack EVs. Put the rest into Attack and Speed.

Last edited:

Darkrai00

.*.*.*.*.
could we get some EV explanation? for example whissicott, why does it have 52 speed? the only things that will help it to outspeed is like modest Lucario and heatran. i dont get it.

same thing with heatran. those speed EV's and nature are useless really.

Last edited:

Vecte

I'd be leery about running HP Ice on Nape, for a few reasons. One, you have to boost your special attack EVs for it to be worthwhile, and still then it may not be a OHKO. Second, you are lowering Nape's Attack, which isn't a good idea. You already have Latios who out-speeds and OHKOs Dragonite, so HP Ice is kind of redundant.

Darkrai00

.*.*.*.*.
okay first i suggest ditching the speed EV's on Whimsicott. They really don't help you at all. Go for straight up bulk. I'll let you see how good Whimsicott does, ive never seen a big root, giga drainer one xD

and on heatran you can try one of two things

either go for bulk with 252 hp/252 spA/4 spD and modest

or go for some speed to outspeed 32 speed jirachi before it can paralyze you or something gayy which idk how much that matters. In which case 252 spA/220 spe/36 HP with the modest nature to pack more powahh

^ this one also outspeeds timid magnezone which if your weakened could present problems for you

Vecte

Note: Iron Fist also boosts Close Combat's power...

No it does not I'm afraid: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Iron_Fist

Also man, your Infernape EV spread is still bad. 252 Attack / 4 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed with Overheat is going to be the winner. Also, run U-Turn over Grass Knot. If I did my simple math right, STAB Overheat's base power in the sun is going to be something like 315 (that doesn't include Life Orb either), plus his 245 Sp. Attack stat(31 Sp. Atk IV, with 4 EVs). You aren't going to need Sp. Attack EVs because it's going to OHKO anything weak to it. After it's use, you can U-Turn out, so when he comes back, your are at full power again. Even so, I'd go as far to say after one Overheat you still may get some OHKOs on 4x weak Pokemon on your second one.

Last edited:
Ditch whimmscott

Your team has a lot of trouble aginst sand teams, Try Gliscor, he takes care of the sand and will give you an advantage in weather wars

Or try Arcanine over Infernape, but seeing you love Infernape, you probalbly wont do it, Try Arcanine over Sawsbuck then. (though it is much better too replace infernape) Arcanine takes care of both Ttar and Politoed with Wild Charge and Close Combat

Creeper

om nom nom
Sawsbuck can easily take sand down with Jump Kick. If I'm fighting Hippowdon, I use Whimscott's Giga Drain to KO and heal off, so I switch Ninetales in.

BTW, I can switch Nape out. He used to be Charizard.

Darkrai00

.*.*.*.*.
ur trading around has exposed your team extremely to some weaknesses. for example say you dont stop SS from being setup, now excadrill w/ x scissor sweeps your entire team if heatran's baloon is gone. (im not sure how much power napes mach punch will be packing, but that could stop exca maybe)

sorry i gtg atm and cant think of replacements, but i just wanted to let you know about this ^