• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What abilities should they be given?

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
We need storm drain or lighting rod Stunfisk badly.

But it'd be pointless! (Lightning Rod, of course) Type affinitities are applied before the Pokémon's ability. See Lightning Rod Marowak. What Stunfisk needs is Serene Grace. Plain and simple. 60% chance for burns, paralysis, etc. all from it's standard fare of moves. Nothing else.

Swampert with Sap Sipper.. Awesome.

No. We have Heracross for inappropriate sap sipping moments...

I think Delibird could use a new HA. Snow Cloak or Ice Body probably. It's completely pointless giving Delibird 2 abilities that do the exact same thing.

Delibird could use a new life. Not an evolution, not a new ability, not even a new sig. move. Delibird should be ported to Game Freak's Horse Solitaire game or something. Bye-bye Delibird. You were good for sleeping with Kabutops and leaving behind Rapid Spin on your walk of shame.

Rio!

Composer
But it'd be pointless! (Lightning Rod, of course) Type affinitities are applied before the Pokémon's ability. See Lightning Rod Marowak. What Stunfisk needs is Serene Grace. Plain and simple. 60% chance for burns, paralysis, etc. all from it's standard fare of moves. Nothing else.

Serene Grace would be undeniably awesome, especially considering the sort of moves it has.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Serene Grace would be undeniably awesome, especially considering the sort of moves it has.

Serene Grace Stunfisk would bring a whole new meaning to "It's a TRAP!"

Rio!

Composer
Serene Grace Stunfisk would bring a whole new meaning to "It's a TRAP!"

If people though Stunfisk was trollish before...they'd be in for a treat. /snort.

MachoCheeze

Uh-huh, honey
Speaking of Stunfisk having a literally useless ability, so does Rotom-Fan. Its a Flying-type with... Levitate, of all things.

Maybe Motor Drive since its based on a fan?

Soberheartless

i keep thinking that the zubat line should also get gale wings...

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
i keep thinking that the zubat line should also get gale wings...

Would be awesome, but also redundant. Crobat is blazing fast, so unless you want to run a fully dedicated Flying-type Bulky Golbat, it's better with Infiltrator. Remember, with Infiltrator you pass through subs now, and all the Zubat members have 100% accuracy with Toxic, even when something's behind a sub.

That is priceless in itself.

Autis-misc

Abridger
But it'd be pointless! (Lightning Rod, of course) Type affinitities are applied before the Pokémon's ability. See Lightning Rod Marowak.

It's a bit late to point this out, but Lightning Rod Marowak is actually useful in double and triple battles. Other than that, you are correct.

Lady Umbreon

Speaking of Stunfisk having a literally useless ability, so does Rotom-Fan. Its a Flying-type with... Levitate, of all things.

Maybe Motor Drive since its based on a fan?

That's a neat idea. Motor Drive would work on any appliance Rotom because the Pokemon possesses the machine's motor.

Don't know if this has been said but Umbreon would be killer with Prankster.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
And so is Talonflame, but that doesn't stop it from having that ability.

Different speed tiers though. Also, it should be noted that Crobat has a higher stat in every category over Talonflame (except that +4 in special attack). If Crobat got Gale Wings plus AND had all of it's other perks intact (STAB Brave Bird for example) it'd go from Crobatterang to CroB52 Bomber. Plus, it's Talonflame's claim to fame; if something else matched it's niche it'd be useless. Crobat's typing, plus it's superior move pool, plus it's speed, AND Infiltrator's abusive nature lend Crobat to be just fine the way it is.

Maybe Talonflame will get Defog somehow to level the playing field against Crobat usage.

Would have been EPIC with Prankster! Especially since it's counterpart got an ability to circumvent status moves. Would have been the Yin to Espeon's Yang. Another excellent option would have been Unaware. Sadly, Inner Focus is a complete waste on Umbreon and has taken an A+ list Pokémon and slammed it straight into middle UU. :/ Thanks Game Freak, thank you yet again for trolling the Eevee line. Flareon apparently just wasn't enough.

Last edited:

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Although all three of Druddigon's are good, I think that it should have gotten Chlorophyll if only because of it's Dex entries saying that it takes in sunlight with its wings.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
That's a neat idea. Motor Drive would work on any appliance Rotom because the Pokemon possesses the machine's motor.

I would rather rotom keep his immunity to ground types honestly :p but for rotom-F I would like to see it fixed to motor drive or something similar.

Rio!

Composer

AGREED. I can't figure out why the heck GF insisted on the sad ability of Inner Focus. Even for it's regular ability, I would have preferred something like Magic Bounce. But of course, they give it to about the frailest Pokemon in the Eevee line. :I

It's already sad enough that poor Flareon only got Flare Blitz this gen, yeesh.
Just like with Entei and him FINALLY getting Sacred Fire (Fire Physical move) this gen.

Creeper

om nom nom
he got flare blitz before in the shiny event

Archeops and Defeatist. The name of the ability makes it sound like it's giving up on itself... not something a freaking pterodactyl dragon fossil murderer would do. Just a name change would make it so much better. Even if that, a useless or other detrimental ability could work; Truant, for example.

I know it's for balancing purposes. Thank you.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Archeops and Defeatist. The name of the ability makes it sound like it's giving up on itself... not something a freaking pterodactyl dragon fossil murderer would do. Just a name change would make it so much better. Even if that, a useless or other detrimental ability could work; Truant, for example.

The hell with Truant! Archeops works great when used wisely, because if used wisely, Defeatist won't kick in at all until it is instakilled by something that simply outspeeds it. It's got shift defenses, so it's not as if you'll ever really get below 50% without getting KO'd in that same turn. Once SR is removed it becomes a terrific U-Turn/Acrobatics-spammer.

Putting Truant on this one is basically saying: Don't use this at all. At least Slaking's got the defenses to make it passable. The only reason Durant's got Truant is because of Entrainment...

Autis-misc

Abridger

I'd rather have Archeops know Keen Eye or something that increases a single stat but still vulnerable to it's weaknesses.

Another Pokemon would be Cofagrigus. It's ability is awesome, but it's sad it doesn't have a hidden move. A hidden ability that would work really well is cursed body, due to it's pokedex entry that pretty much makes it a cursed coffin.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
The hell with Truant! Archeops works great when used wisely, because if used wisely, Defeatist won't kick in at all until it is instakilled by something that simply outspeeds it. It's got shift defenses, so it's not as if you'll ever really get below 50% without getting KO'd in that same turn. Once SR is removed it becomes a terrific U-Turn/Acrobatics-spammer.

Putting Truant on this one is basically saying: Don't use this at all. At least Slaking's got the defenses to make it passable. The only reason Durant's got Truant is because of Entrainment...

You did an excellent job defending Archeops and I applaud you for that, sir.