• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What abilities would be great as new additions better if they were upgraded?

zerofield

i miss miror
How does it make Garchomp even more broken either elaborate or quit whining.

I'm guessing you either don't play competitive pokemon or know nothing about the metagame if you're talking like this- adding recovery to chomp, even at the cost of sand veil, would make him even scarier than he already is, and he's already banned.
SV+SD Gliscor would be less effective than Poison Heal + Sword Dance anyway.

Yet again.
Maybe you don't have very good reading comprehension skills but I think you misread where I said that Sand Veil and Snow Cloak would no longer give +20% evasion. 1/16th is a laughable amount of HP unless you hit a max hp blissey for 100% of it's hp and even then 1/16th is 44.5 hp meaning if Garchomp 1hko a full HP Blissey in Sandstorm (which is unlikely) it would only get back 44.5 hp.

Alright, I misread this, but no need to insult me/my skills, that's just unnecessary flaming.

So now that I made Sand Veil and Snow Cloak not random, make Garchomp less broken, insulted your math and reading skills, I'm going to repeat what I said:

Sand Veil and Snow Cloak no longer give 20% evasion in Sand/Hail

They instead give 1/16th of the damage you do back to you as health while in Sand/Hail.

Anyone who wants to say this is broken is essentially screaming that the shell bell is broken because it literally does the same thing.

And you're proud of this?

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
I was thinking of an addition effect to color change, where the pokemon would be immune to whatever type it is currently in. For example, if changed to ghost type, ghost move will not hit it. If changed to dragon type, dragon move will not hit.

I was thinking of an addition effect to color change, where the pokemon would be immune to whatever type it is currently in. For example, if changed to ghost type, ghost move will not hit it. If changed to dragon type, dragon move will not hit.

That'd certainly be somewhat of an improvement.

Klaus™

Banned
not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but...

new ability:

tricky/trickster: when the pokemon switches in, trick room is automatically induced, for 10 turns(forever?), until another pokemon uses trick room itself(you know, to cancel it out?)

clean health: this pokemon is immune to all status, including, but not limited to: toxic, will-o-wisp, thunder wave, confuse ray, attract, supersonic, stun spore, spore, dark void, hypnosis, poisonpowder, sleep powder, and any move with a status-inducing side effect.

Aurath8

new ability:

tricky/trickster: when the pokemon switches in, trick room is automatically induced, for 10 turns(forever?), until another pokemon uses trick room itself(you know, to cancel it out?)

Having it Forever would be interesting. Your essentially turning stuff like Reuniclus, Scrafty and Conkledurr into some of the fastest things in OU. It increases the amount of sets they can run as they don't have to get around their speed problem with Trick Room/Dragon Dance/Mach Punch or their natural bulk. I don't think it would be broken unless a flood of slow pokemon come up from lower tiers. Now there aren't enough slow bulky tanks to really take advantage of Trick Room. There are a lot of slow walls, but moving first tends to be more of a convenience to you, imo.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.

new ability:

clean health: this pokemon is immune to all status, including, but not limited to: toxic, will-o-wisp, thunder wave, confuse ray, attract, supersonic, stun spore, spore, dark void, hypnosis, poisonpowder, sleep powder, and any move with a status-inducing side effect.
idk, i think having a TR inducer when it switches in would be broken. TR basically wins if you don't carry Taunt or a lot of bulky pokemon with Protect (because it stalls out the effect). if it was infinite like the weathers, it'd be ridic. every non-TR team would have to carry TR for support :/

Alternately it's only induced when it switches in. Wouldn't be very good for singles, but it'd be great in doubles.

Also, some sort of new ability that gives any move with a base power of 60 or less +1 priority, unless the move already has negative priority (Dragon Tail, Circle Throw). If it already has increased priority it remains unaffected.

Klaus™

Banned
thats why i said maybe only 10 turns. trick room today isnt used as often because you only get 4 turns to attack. and what about the other ability? no status means it can be a great wall/wall breaker, because it wont be affected by toxic and such. or, alternatively, it powers up moves, much like guts, but remains unaffected. magic guard + guts :)

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I'm not sure if an immunity to status would be given, ever, as Gamefreak wants to annoy in-game players.

That Trick Room thing wouldn't be done either, for the same reason. It would be so confusing for in-game players, plus if it were on a remotely good pokemon then it's likely the ability/pokemon would be banned to ubers.

The problem with permanent Trick Room is that it's not like weather. Completely reversing the speed mechanics is arguably more detrimental than any of the weather effects, and unlike weather, it can't just be canceled out by bringing in DrizzleToed, Tyranitar, etc.

neal-b

Team Rocket 4ever
The problem with permanent Trick Room is that it's not like weather. Completely reversing the speed mechanics is arguably more detrimental than any of the weather effects, and unlike weather, it can't just be canceled out by bringing in DrizzleToed, Tyranitar, etc.

What if when the pokemon with that ability is KO the Trick Room ends.

Klaus™

Banned
many things can change to make it viable. like neal said, ends when koed. give it as dw ability to alternate formes of lake trio.

- 10/5 turns from switch in.
- opposing trick room shuts it down.

moldbreaker/teravolt/turboblaze: opponents ability doesn't matter. attacks hit anyways, i.e. levitate is hit by earthquake

new form: cancels abilities period. i.e. technician is canceled out. sand rush is canceled. the effects don't happen. alternatively, this can be called "ability lock"

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Alternately it's only induced when it switches in. Wouldn't be very good for singles, but it'd be great in doubles.

Also, some sort of new ability that gives any move with a base power of 60 or less +1 priority, unless the move already has negative priority (Dragon Tail, Circle Throw). If it already has increased priority it remains unaffected.

CM Reuniclis in singles with TR support for the whole time it's in would be killer.

Well, then it'd just be -5. So it'd have prority over Pok'emon that had the -6 variant.

Klaus™

Banned
hmmm...i thought of something to make trickster less....broken.

buzzkill: when this pokemon is sent in, all field effects stop, until re-introduced. i.e. sand stream is stopped. switch out into politoed, it starts raining. like air lock/cloud nine, except it lasts even after poke is gone, and it gets rid of tr/gravity/weather.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I just saw this topic for the first time, so I don't know if in the previous 10 pages anyone has proposed a permanent Gravity ability. You guys arguing Trick Room have your work cut out for you, but Gravity, Wonder Room, and Magic Room are totally different beasts in and of themselves...

new: Gravity Well: The Pokemon summons constant Gravity upon entering battle.

This would require some mechanic adjustments, as currently, Gravity can only be removed through the five turn countdown. Using Gravity after using Gravity will give the message "but it failed". So, this would have to augmented so something could cancel Gravity conditions provided by this ability. I suggest subsequent Gravity (move) uses, removing the Pokemon through Roar (etc.), or fainting the Pokemon with the ability. But then this would also limit the ability's effectiveness because it would need to be on the field to work. Haze maybe...?

old: Infiltrator: Ignores Safeguard, Light Screen, Reflect.
new: Infiltrator: Ignores ",",", defense and special defense boosts, "cure" berries, and evasion boosts.

This would cause a shift in Infiltrator usage, as things that like Lum Berry, Bulk Up, etc. would have a hard time keeping up with defense ceilings.

I like the ideas about changing Illuminate, but make it modify opponents' moves by 8% of the total accuracy to keep it decently fair. For example, Water Gun would have 92% accuracy, Razor Leaf 87.4%, Stone Edge 73.6%, etc.

old: Illusion: Pokemon switches in disguised as the Pokemon in the last slot.
new: Illusion: Pokemon switches in disguised as the Pokemon in the last slot, and takes/ doesn't take damage from weather, entry hazards based on the Pokemon it's disguised as.

This needs to happen, like now. Illusion was a cool concept in theory for Zoroark, but it really limits it's potential from what it could have been.

old: Magma Armor: Pokemon cannot be Frozen. Thaws a Frozen Pokemon if it gains this ability somehow in battle.
new: Magma Armor: ". Also, Pokemon is not affected by Ice-type attacks, nor the damaging effects of hail.

Seriously. We have multiple abilities that prevent hail damage already, and only 1 Pokemon is actually immune to Ice-type attacks (Shedinja). This ability is currently arguably the worst in the game next to Honey Gather, Tangled Feet, Anger Point, Illuminate, and Run Away.

old: Oblivious: Pokemon cannot be infatuated, nor captivated. If the Pokemon gains Oblivious somehow in battle and is in love, it will stop being in love.
new: Oblivious: ". Also, Pokemon ignores the power boosts from all consumable/held items in battle (!).

That's right. The anti-Choice. You heard right. It's not like their going away anytime soon. Stall forever, FTW!!! That means gems, Petaya berries, Life Orbs, etc. I personally hate them anyways.