• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What abilities would be great as new additions better if they were upgraded?

Firebreather

New Ability: Declaration of Peace

While this Pokemon is in battle, the Attack and Special Attack of both Pokemon (yours and your opponent's) decreases by 10% each turn. It can not decrease below 50%. When an opponent's Pokemon switches in, the countdown begins immediately. In the event that your opponent switches out, their Pokemon will retain a -10% to their Attack and Special Attack until this Pokemon faints. When the Pokemon with this ability switches out, all stat decreases are lost.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
New Ability: Liquid Invulnerability

An Ability that can only be possesed by Ditto. A Ditto with this Ability can only be damaged by Fire, Electric or Ice-type moves, even while impersonating a different Pokémon using the move Transform. However, if a Ditto with this Ability is attacked by a move that normally deals damage while it is impersonating a different Pokémon with the move Transform, the Ditto instantly reverts back to its original form, forcing it to use the move Transform again if it wants to take a different form again. Any damaging move, regardless of whether or not it is of the Fire, Electric or Ice type that hits a Ditto transformed into a different Pokémon would revert it back to its original form, albeit Ditto would only take damage if the move that hit it is of one of the three aforementioned types. The only exception is if Ditto is impersonating a Pokémon with a type immunity to the attack used against it, such as if a Ditto transformed into a Dragonite is attacked by Earthquake, or if a Ditto transformed into a Tyranitar is attacked by Psychic. If a Ditto with this Ability is attacked by the move Eruption or Lava Plume, the move deals twice as much damage to it as normal. Also, a Pokémon with the Ability Mold Breaker, Turboblaze or Teravolt can damage a Ditto with this Ability using a move of any type, and such a Ditto impersonating a different Pokémon would still revert to its original form upon being hit.

Learned by: Ditto

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Ability: Liquid Invulnerability

An Ability that can only be possesed by Ditto. A Ditto with this Ability can only be damaged by Fire, Electric or Ice-type moves, even while impersonating a different Pokémon using the move Transform. However, if a Ditto with this Ability is attacked by a move that normally deals damage while it is impersonating a different Pokémon with the move Transform, the Ditto instantly reverts back to its original form, forcing it to use the move Transform again if it wants to take a different form again. Any damaging move, regardless of whether or not it is of the Fire, Electric or Ice type that hits a Ditto transformed into a different Pokémon would revert it back to its original form, albeit Ditto would only take damage if the move that hit it is of one of the three aforementioned types. The only exception is if Ditto is impersonating a Pokémon with a type immunity to the attack used against it, such as if a Ditto transformed into a Dragonite is attacked by Earthquake, or if a Ditto transformed into a Tyranitar is attacked by Psychic. If a Ditto with this Ability is attacked by the move Eruption or Lava Plume, the move deals twice as much damage to it as normal. Also, a Pokémon with the Ability Mold Breaker, Turboblaze or Teravolt can damage a Ditto with this Ability using a move of any type, and such a Ditto impersonating a different Pokémon would still revert to its original form upon being hit.

Learned by: Ditto

So, basically, as long as it's Transformed it can only take damage from Fire, Ice, or Electric type attacks? However when it is Transformed, if it is hit by a move then it will revert back to being un-transformed, unless the pokemon it had Transformed into had an immunity against the Attack sent? That would be useful, except Ditto's speed is so abyssimably low anyway, and it gets OHKOed by just about anything.

I think things like Swift Swim, Chlorophyll and Sand Rush could be made a bit less broken by only giving it a 1.5x multiplier rather than a 2x, meaning Excadrill and Drizzle + Swift Swim might still be OU.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
So, basically, as long as it's Transformed it can only take damage from Fire, Ice, or Electric type attacks? However when it is Transformed, if it is hit by a move then it will revert back to being un-transformed, unless the pokemon it had Transformed into had an immunity against the Attack sent? That would be useful, except Ditto's speed is so abyssimably low anyway, and it gets OHKOed by just about anything.

With Liquid Invulnerability, Ditto can only be damaged by Fire, Ice and Electric-type attacks regardless of whether or not it has Transformed.

I think things like Swift Swim, Chlorophyll and Sand Rush could be made a bit less broken by only giving it a 1.5x multiplier rather than a 2x, meaning Excadrill and Drizzle + Swift Swim might still be OU.

I have actually thought of this exact same idea before too. I think it would be a very reasonable nerf for these Abilities too.

Zachmac

Not sure about SS+Drizzle, because it was the combination of speed and power that made that deadly, but it'll definitely shut those darn Excadrill protester up.

Or maybe they'd only ban the extra dangerous ones?

Vandslaux

New Ability: Forbidden Memories

When a Pokémon with this Ability uses Amnesia, both its Special Attack as well as its Special Defense are raised by two levels.

Learned by: Mewtwo

Do you REALLY want RBY Mewtwo again? X_X That was Amnesia's effect in RBY, since there was only Special.

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
New Ability: Faith

If a Pokémon with this Ability is used in battle while its trainer's team contains at least one Arceus that isn't fainted, the Pokémon with this Ability has its evasion increased by 20%.

Learned by: Dialga and Palkia
I like this, though it sounds more like a yugioh card affect than an ability :p

RealRaymon

Good series at last!
Guys, how do you like that one?

Poison heal:
Old effect:
Heals Pokemon if it is poisoned

New Effect:
Heals Pokemon if it is poisoned or is hit by a poison-type move

I wrote this because I have a Venusaur and I defeat poison heal Brelooms with Sludge Bomb easily...What`s the point of poison healing if Poison-type Attacks are super-eefective?

aguilas_hhh

A critical hit!
old sturdy: survive a killing hit at full health; OHKO moves don't affect it
new sturdy: all of above; immune to indirect damage

old multitype: changes type with plate
new multitype: all of above; boosts stab's power by 1.5

huge defense: boosts defense and special defense by 50%; boosted by 100%- under 40% health

old synchronize: copies status to opponent
new synchonize: immune to status and opponent gets the status

¿Magic Bounce?

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Plague

Unleashes a veil of black mist that works similar to other weather conditions-It damages all types bar ghost and normal,restoring HP to Ghosts,but granting an immunity to normal types.
Arena effects emphasize the bias on particular types,so why not have some more that benefit other types?

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
Ooh Make your own abilities and updat abilities? Count me in.

New Normalize: All moves get a STAB boost, regardless of type.

New Illuminate: Lowers opponent's accuracy by one stage upon entry.

New Unburden: Speed doubles when holding no item.

Ne Infiltrator: Same as before, plus pokemon is not affected by effects of Clear Smog and Haze.

New Run Away: Can always escape trapping effects.

New PickUp: 30% chance of recovering already used item.

Cacophony: power of Sound-Based attacks increased by 1.5x

i thought the same thing for Unburden and Run Away i guess great minds think alike

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
New Ability: Spiraling Tendency

When a Pokémon with this Ability is switched or sent into battle while any entry hazards are on that Pokémon's side of the field, the entry hazards are removed. This Ability activates before the effects of entry hazards do, meaning that all Pokémon with this Ability are immune to the effects of entry hazards. Also, if the moves Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin, Leech Seed, Sand Tomb, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Whirlpool or Wrap are used against a Pokémon with this Ability, their effects are removed immediately at the end of the turn in which they are used, and before those effects take place (for example, if a Pokémon with this Ability gets hit by the move Wrap, it would take damage from a 15 base power physical Normal-type move, but they never lose 1/16 of their health as a result of Wrap's indirect damage, nor can they ever be trapped by this move, and they can also never have their health drained by Leech Seed).

Learned by: All Pokémon that can learn the move Rapid Spin by any means.

I like this one. Could be very useful. No longer will you need to sacrifice a moveslot spot and use an awful BP normal attack to remove hazards.

Vandslaux

Old Illuminate: Makes wild encounters more frequent.

New Illuminate: Makes wild encounters more frequent, and lowers the opposing pokemon and adjacent pokemon's in Multi Battles Accuracy by one stage when sent into battle.

Basically, an Accuracy equivalent of Intimidate.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
New Ability: Faith

If a Pokémon with this Ability is used in battle while its trainer's team contains at least one Arceus that isn't fainted, the Pokémon with this Ability has its evasion increased by 20%.

Learned by: Dialga and Palkia

An amendment to this ability: But if the trainer's team contains an Arceus that is fainted, the pokemon with this ability has it's Atk. and Sp. Atk. dropped one stage.

Double Team is banned in Übers under the Evasion Cause, while Moody is banned from that tier under the Moody Clause. Having moves and Abilities banned from a tier under such clauses is not the same thing as a specific Pokémon being banlisted from a tier (which cannot happen in Übers).

While it is definitely true that being banned from a tier because of its clauses is not the same thing as being banned for being broken, the reason why those clauses exist is because they are necessary. They are always on by default in Ubers because even Ubers doesn't like them. If you went to the PO forums and suggested the clauses to be turned off, you'd probably get a bunch of replies saying things like "No way evasion is OP'd" and "Moody is as broken as heck". It is completely possible for a Pokémon to be broken in Ubers. Whether it should be banned or not is entirely up to the server admins because there is no law that states nothing can be banned from Ubers.

RealRaymon

Good series at last!
Guys, how do you like that one?

Poison heal:
Old effect:
Heals Pokemon if it is poisoned

New Effect:
Heals Pokemon if it is poisoned or is hit by a poison-type move

I wrote this because I have a Venusaur and I defeat poison heal Brelooms with Sludge Bomb easily...What`s the point of poison healing if Poison-type Attacks are super-eefective?
So, How about this idea?