• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What abilities would be great as new additions better if they were upgraded?

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Flare Boost - no damage from the burn considering how specific it is. Worse than Guts since it requires such a specific effect

Forecast - Castform needs a rock form for Sand. I also feel like it should boost a stat by 50% depending on which weather effect. Sun = +speed. Rain = +Sp.Def. Hail = +Sp.Atk. Sandstorm = +Def

Illuminate - Can always hit foe, even while Bouncing, Flying, Digging and similar moves. Also Ignores Evasion boosts.

Inner Focus - Huge Power, except Special Attack instead of Attack. May need to be removed from some pokes.. Alakazam.

Keen Eye - Ignores enemy Defense and Special Defense Boosts.

Klutz - Physical moves you do replace the enemy's item with your own. You are also unaffected by your own held items. AKA: Give'em a flame orb on your next U-turn.

Light Metal - Removes Ground weakness from steel type. Any other typing still maintains their ground weakness (fire/steel would still be x2)

Oblivious - Immune to Confusion and Paralysis as well. No more ******** parafusion hax here!

Own Tempo - Ignore Priority on moves.

Rough Skin - Normal effect + Immunity to Hail and Sandstorm damage.

Shell Armor - Defense and Special Defense Boosts are doubled. (Barrier would give +4)

Slow Start - Rest removes the negative effects immediately (So Regigigas doesn't suck)

Solar Power - Remove HP Drain. Charizard no longer sucks.

Sound Proof - Immune to bug moves. Just for funsies

Swarm and every other ability like it - Get the boost at 50%, up from 33%. Once again, Charizard no longer sucks. Belly Drum activates Blaze.

Telepathy - Pursuit, U-turn, Volt-turn do not gain their additional effect.

Water Veil - 50% damage from Water and Fighting (Try punching in water)

White Smoke - Considering only torkoal and Heatfail have this. Lets make this give 'no weakness'

Wonder Skin - Status Conditions do the opposite of what they are intended to do. Paralysis gives x4 speed boost and 25% chance of +1 priority. Burn gives 50% attack boost and 1/8th heal per turn. Toxic gives 1/16th heal, 1/8th heal etc per turn (capped at 1/4th to be fair), Sleep/Freeze fully heals pokemon.

So my +2 Smeargle can now Spore Scizor before it Bullet Punches? Maybe Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed? Or does this move ignore Priority on Smeargle's moves? +2 Dragon Tail and Whirlwind sounds fun without the negative priority.
Slow Start - Rest removes the negative effects immediately (So Regigigas doesn't suck)
Rest cures all status and heals HP entirely while removing its crippling ability. All you have to do is slap on a Chesto Berry and it's ready to smash through the opposing team. It's not that broken considering Terrakion and other major offensive threats are in OU but this would greatly improve it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Rest cures all status and heals HP entirely while removing its crippling ability. All you have to do is slap on a Chesto Berry and it's ready to smash through the opposing team. It's not that broken considering Terrakion and other major offensive threats are in OU but this would greatly improve it.

But Regigigas can't learn Rest or Protect

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Regigas now learns Rest.

Problem solved lol, fail on my part.

I think it would be balanced. It essentially means gigas would only have 3 attack moves, can't use choice items and Normal is typically a terrible defensive and offensive typing.

Own Tempo would cancel out all priority. Yours included.

Tonguetyd

New Defeatist:If this Pokemon's Hp is below 50%,attacking stats are decreased.If the Hp is over 50%,attack stats are increased.
Archeops would actually be useful.

PokeMaster366

New Defeatist:If this Pokemon's Hp is below 50%,attacking stats are decreased.If the Hp is over 50%,attack stats are increased.
Archeops would actually be useful.

Or maybe they could just get rid of the drop in Special Attack so that Archeops can function as a mixed sweeper at the very least.

Gray™

Flare Boost - no damage from the burn considering how specific it is. Worse than Guts since it requires such a specific effect
Is this a real ability?Can't remember this one...
Forecast - Castform needs a rock form for Sand. I also feel like it should boost a stat by 50% depending on which weather effect. Sun = +speed. Rain = +Sp.Def. Hail = +Sp.Atk. Sandstorm = +Def
It needs a form for Sandstorm but I think a type change would be cooler than a stat boost.A stat boost would help Castform but a type change makes more sense.
Illuminate - Can always hit foe, even while Bouncing, Flying, Digging and similar moves. Also Ignores Evasion boosts.
So pretty much like No Guard except doesn't give the opponent perfect accuracy.Question would it hit the pokemon if it's behind a Substitute?Cause then it would be a great ability to.
Inner Focus - Huge Power, except Special Attack instead of Attack. May need to be removed from some pokes.. Alakazam.
Alakazam is still too frail and I'm afraid I disagree with you on this one.
Keen Eye - Ignores enemy Defense and Special Defense Boosts.
I would say High Critical Hit Ratio instead.
Klutz - Physical moves you do replace the enemy's item with your own. You are also unaffected by your own held items. AKA: Give'em a flame orb on your next U-turn.
This actually makes sense(at least to me since if you know what I mean x) )
Light Metal - Removes Ground weakness from steel type. Any other typing still maintains their ground weakness (fire/steel would still be x2)
Nah.A speed boost somehow would make more sense since the pokemon gets "lighter".At least Evasion.
Oblivious - Immune to Confusion and Paralysis as well. No more ******** parafusion hax here!
I want this.
Agreed.
Rough Skin - Normal effect + Immunity to Hail and Sandstorm damage.
I see your point.
Shell Armor - Defense and Special Defense Boosts are doubled. (Barrier would give +4)
I don't know Shell Armor does so I'll just move on.
I think Slow Start should be active once during battle.Once it does 6 Turns whether Regigigas switches or stays it's stats don't drop.
Solar Power - Remove HP Drain. Charizard no longer sucks.
I want this but I gotta say that the reason Charizard sucks is because it's Fire/Flying wich gives it a huge weakness to Stealth Rocks the most common move in this game.If it's types were Fire/Dragon then it would be OU no doubt.
Sound Proof - Immune to bug moves. Just for funsies
I think this one is fine the way it is but that would be funny.
Swarm and every other ability like it - Get the boost at 50%, up from 33%. Once again, Charizard no longer sucks. Belly Drum activates Blaze.
Same as before but this I really want.Focus Sash Agility Empoleon O:

The last 4 abilities shouldn't change or maybe they should but I'm not sure about what they currently do so I'll stay neutral.
Also:

Intimidate-Lowers the Atk stat of any pokemon that switches-in instead of just once when my Salamence comes out.(lets make Salamence broken once more =D )

RealRaymon

Good series at last!
It needs a form for Sandstorm but I think a type change would be cooler than a stat boost.A stat boost would help Castform but a type change makes more sense.
It does. Castform changes type with the weather. No doubt about that as I used Castform in Heart Gold

Psycho Cut

Regigas now learns Rest.

Problem solved lol, fail on my part.

I think it would be balanced. It essentially means gigas would only have 3 attack moves, can't use choice items and Normal is typically a terrible defensive and offensive typing.

Own Tempo would cancel out all priority. Yours included.
I get why you've done this, own tempo, own speed, ignoring priority. But think, it'd make Smeargle so overpowered it's unreal. Stick a focus sash on it, use Shell Smash and then phaze everything out with Dragon Tail. If you had hazards down you could use roar and not have to worry about misses. Smeargle'd be Uber in a second.

noosh

I want a new ability that has the same effect of huge power, but with special attack. Somebody said that's what inner focus should be, but I'd like to see it as a new ability in general. Perhaps call it Meditation?

Aurath8

I get why you've done this, own tempo, own speed, ignoring priority. But think, it'd make Smeargle so overpowered it's unreal. Stick a focus sash on it, use Shell Smash and then phaze everything out with Dragon Tail. If you had hazards down you could use roar and not have to worry about misses. Smeargle'd be Uber in a second.

They could make it so it only ignores positive priority. Negative priority will stay negative.

And Inner Focus as a Special version of Hidden Power? Ohnononono. Medicham is the pokemon with the highest Attack with Pure/Huge Power, and it's Base Attack is 60. Alakazam with a special version of Huge Power would reach over 730 Spatk with a timid nature, not counting Life Orb/Specs. Not to mention 120 speed. The only thing that could possibly take a hit is Spdef Jirachi, but even 252HP/252 Spdef Jirachi would take 78.71%-92.82% from Specs Focus Blast and Bronzong doesn't fair much better either. Even Spdef Heatran gets 2KOed by Psychic after Stealth Rock!
The only thing to hold it back is its frailty. Scarfers and priority users would eat it alive but nothing can switch-in without being sacrificed.

There's also be Lucario and Dragonite wreaking havoc with Inner Focus. And lolHypno.

I agree with noosh, if they were to make a special huge power, they should create a new ability.