• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What about Jynx?

Do you think Jynx should've had an evo?

• Yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydro King

The Water Master
I don't know if there was already a thread like this, but if there was, can a mod please delete this one. I have a very slow internet connection and can't check very easily. (sorry for any trouble)
Anyway...
In the first gen, there was Magmar, Electabuzz, and Jynx.
In the second gen, they made babies for these three Pokemon.
Now, in the fourth gen, they made evos for only two of them: Magmar and Electabuzz.
So I'm asking, what about Jynx? Jynx should've gotten an evo too. I mean those three were a trio representing the types fire, electricity, and ice. (other than the three legendary birds, of course;))

So what do you think?

Dattebayo

Banned
Jynx shouldn't have an evolve form, along with Electabuzz and Magmar, because I don't want the game series to have too many evolve forms of previous generations. It's giving the creators a sign that they're running out of ideas of Pokemon.

MinunTheFighter34

I drink soysauce.
Jynx shouldn't have an evolve form, along with Electabuzz and Magmar, because I don't want the game series to have too many evolve forms of previous generations. It's giving the creators a sign that they're running out of ideas of Pokemon.
Wait-What the hell?How are they running out of ideas?Just cause they're trying to give some previous gen pokemon better evolutions doesn't mean there running out of ideas.Gosh, you become worst and worst at posting.Everyday.

However, I did not vote, I don't see whats so special about Jynx to make her have a evolution...

Dattebayo

Banned
Wait-What the hell?How are they running out of ideas?Just cause they're trying to give some previous gen pokemon better evolutions doesn't mean there running out of ideas.Gosh, you become worst and worst at posting.Everyday.
But the creators should be focusing on making new Pokemon and 5-8 new evolutions of Pokemon of the past generations only. Let alone the Pokemon who have no evolution links.

^your right, Datte's losing it...all of it.beaten....datte, do you want to see farfetch'd left alone? seriously? we get plenty of new pkmn, and by splitting up the evolution lines they maintain an interest in those pkmn. i had no interest in magmar, until magmortar came around. i love that thing.

I always thought this as well. if Jynx got an Evo, alot of things could be done w/ it. it could finally let go of its acursed past especially(all that meaningless controversy...i hate people). I always thought it should evolve into a pure ice type w/ a valkery helm and an ice spear. that would be rocking(and it would continue the opera singer part of its image). it could even get thinner, and be actually beautiful.

Im not too upset however, cuz this gives Mr. Mime a chance at evolving NEXT gen. Mime King(i think its a suitable name) and Jynx evo(no name idea) would be so cool together....but then everybody, including me, would be like "what about teh Sudowoodoz?!?!@_@"....

Last edited:

!!-Eevee-!!

Magmar and Electabuzz have an evo, so why Jynx doesn't have an evo!?

~Eevee

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Jynx has always been different than Magmar and Electabuzz.

Her stats are a bit lower, she is 100% female instead of 25%, she has a dual type, her Defense is 35 rather than 57, her Special Defense is 95 rather than 85, and her egg moves are unlike the other two sets.

She is also considerably more human like. Electabuzz and Magmar look more like animals with animal like faces and tails.

Last edited:

Hydro King

The Water Master
^ They were still a none evo trio. Magmar and Electabuzz don't have much in common either. Ones a fire duck and the other's some kind of electric cat. All three are different in their own ways; just like all the other Pokemon.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
^ They were still a none evo trio. Magmar and Electabuzz don't have much in common either. Ones a fire duck and the other's some kind of electric cat. All three are different in their own ways; just like all the other Pokemon.
Both have one type.
Both are 25% male.
Both have stats in the 490s.
Both have an HP of 65, Defense of 57, and Special Defense of 85.
Both can induce their corresponding status ailments when the opponent hits them.
Both learn Barrier, Cross Chop, Dynamic Punch, and Karate Chop as Egg Moves.
Both are found in Pokemon XD.
Both babies give one Speed as an Effort Value.

Magmar and Electabuzz may be different as the way they look and other pratical reasons, but statistically, they are more of the same than Jynx is.

schadenfreude

Clefairy Dance?!
um you know jynx is crying right now coz she didn't evolve. yet absolute fugmo's like magmortar are allowed to come into existance, even though its a majin-buu-on-fire rip off from dragon ball z. (its japanese name even SAYS BUU...WTF!?)
.......and electivire is just plain fug. its a muppet people. get over it.

like anyone that could make a flaming duck with some kind of buttocks appearing cranium look any uglier should be fired from their job. COME ON. MAGMAR HAD A BUTT ON ITS HEAD, BUT NOW FAT "BUUBURN/AKA MAGMORTAR" IS EVEN UGLIER!

I apologise for the shouting. but.... t'was necessary.

But an evolved jynx? i'd be all for it as long as the dont eff it up like they did with electabuzz and magmar... which after looking at the other diamond/pearl pokemon *looks at probopass* isn't all that likely.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Aslong as jynx looks different as an evo (This sounds Far Fetched) But IMHO methinks that a jynx evo should look like an animal to stop the contoversy.

mangaeyes

1000000% yes-I don't know if you know but Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar were going to be the legendary trio until they swapped them for birds. Electabuzz is found in the powerstation...Zapdos is found there. Magmar is found in the burnt out house were Moltres was going to be put and they left Jynx out so they made her a trade. They are also directly above the legendary birds on a Pokedex poster.

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
I'm pretty sure that Jynx was made out to be a counterpart to Mr.Mime now.

The Great Almighty Poo

Another random thing
A big fat NO

If Jynx had an evo then it would look more retarded than Lickilicky or Probopass. Unless it would be like how Shinobi_Pachirisu put it then that would actually look cool.
;124; <---- Look at this and imagine what it would be like.

Jynx isn't exactly a part of the trio, its an oddball. It has 3 things different. Its got 2 types, 2 different abilities, stats are different, always female.
The things that can relate to Electabuzz and Magmar is that it has a baby pre-evo, same egg group and has an elemantal punch and other simular moves.
So it can be in the Electabuzz/Magmar/Jynx trio but Magmar and Electabuzz are closer together than jynx to one of them.

KetchupO

tωisted
A big fat YES ^^

Jynx needs an evo BADLY O__O
Its stats are way low to be a fully evolved pokemon, and it has great potential.
Besides, I think it would look A>W>E>S>O>M>E! :)

^your right, Datte's losing it...all of it.beaten....datte, do you want to see farfetch'd left alone?

I was thinking about Farfecht'd last night...it needs a pre-evo. Anyways, Jynx should have an evolved form, and so should Mr. Mime, he, like Farfetch'd, has been left alone, well, except for Mime Jr.

PDL

disenchanted
Jinx needs an evo, and it needs to be hot.

The last thing we need are Pokémon using that adjective.

We have enough of those already, and it's really really creepy.