• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What about my furret?

Ganieda

Midnight Valkyrie
Hey guys,
some time ago I was raising my shiny furret with pokerus and stopped on lv. 64 since I was so dissapointed about its stats being much worse than those of the other pokemon of the same level.
I know a furret won't get extremely strong, but are those stats at lv. 64 really as bad as they look?:

HP 198
Atk 128
Def 116
Sp. Atk 65
Sp. Def 86
Spd 171

It has a jolly nature, good perseverance and the weird thing is, its IV's (according to calculator, but I don't know if I use it correctly) are quite good: 24, 31, 31, 17, 17, 31

What do you guy think?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Hey guys,
some time ago I was raising my shiny furret with pokerus and stopped on lv. 64 since I was so dissapointed about its stats being much worse than those of the other pokemon of the same level.
I know a furret won't get extremely strong, but are those stats at lv. 64 really as bad as they look?:

HP 198
Atk 128
Def 116
Sp. Atk 65
Sp. Def 86
Spd 171

It has a jolly nature, good perseverance and the weird thing is, its IV's (according to calculator, but I don't know if I use it correctly) are quite good: 24, 31, 31, 17, 17, 31

What do you guy think?

I am almost definite that those are not your real IVs, they are simply too high (The chance of getting a Pokémon with 3 perfect IVs and shiny is 1/286435456...). Have you put your EVs into the IV calculator? If not, then that is the reason why your Pokémon's EVs are being shown so high.

Last edited:

Amonitas

Ganieda

Midnight Valkyrie
Yeah that would be the point then xD
Uhm...how do I find out the EV'S?

Ganieda

Midnight Valkyrie

Tiomasta

Not amused
Thing is, you can't find out what your EVs are. You need to keep track of them.
So people just decide which EV spread they want, train the poke properly, THEN they continue the game.

You can erase its EVs, calculate its IVs, and then EV train it properly.
If its happiness is maxed, then just keep using every EV-reducing berry, it will say "it won't have any effect" when you took all EVs from that stat so that you don't waste berries.
If its happiness isn't maxed and you don't want to max it, then use 11 berries of the 6 berries, which erases EV completely without question.

I was so dissapointed about its stats being much worse than those of the other pokemon of the same level.

Those are Furret's base stats:
HP:85
Atk:76
Def:64
Sp.Atk:45
Sp.Def:55
Speed:90

So they kinda will be weak, always.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆

Well, if you dont know them now then there is no way to find them. Use the EV reducing berries to remove ALL of your EVs, then recalculate the stats. The EV reducing berries will reduce your stats, but not permanently as your Pokémon can regain the EVs later.

BadDreams

Well all the 100% normal types in the first route are all weak for example zigzagoon, rattata, sentret etc.

dannydstk

if u want him ev trained u could trade him to me and ill do it i can do it in a couple hours no problem. ud have to trade me something of course but it wouldnt be a problem and i have all the berries needed to reduce your furrets preexisting evs