• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What about Team Rocket?

heatran_ran

Lost in Ilex Forest
Since Serebii made the announcement that many characters are leaving the anime, will TR still be there. IDK, since they aren't going to have an epilogue in
Sinnoh.... but... what do YOU think?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I'm pretty sure they are staying. The beta art work has been right about everything so far, and Team Rocket were on it.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
They haven't really said much about Team Rocket but hopefully either Jessie or James could do some kind of competition while they're there in Isshu.

iteza9pm

Leveau
I hope they stay :D
I just wonder..
will they get the kind of make over Ash got? o:
They probably will, I can't wait

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
They will stay, of course. Nobody officialy said it but you can be sure of that.
I hope Jessie will do something, whether if pokemon musicals or just contests, if they will stay in the show. From James I don't even expect to do something important.

BlueDragonfangirl

In the leaked sketch that had Ash on it had Team Rocket too, so I'm sure its a safe beat they'll be there.

martinn94

Prepare For Trouble
They would definately have a goodbye episode. They've been there since the second episode, before Brock.

Bubblewrap

(What announcement?)

& Team Rocket's voice actors are on the list, so yes they are saying.

gliscor&yanmega

Jessie and James have been part of the main cast for almost as long as Ash. I think in terms of episode count, Ash has only one more then them.

Also, Team Rocket as a whole having made their move in the anime where they end up like the other "Evil Teams", so until then they are staying. Also to add to that, I think Team Rocket will probably be the final Evil Team for the series, so I think they are staying until the Pokemon show is over.

BlueVapor

No need to worry, Jessie and James will be staying. I can almost guarantee that. Nothing points to them leaving, and plus, they are in that concept art along with Ash and Iris.

Red

Not the color
Team Rocket rocks! No pun intended.

But really, I am glad they're staying.. I just wish we heard something, anything!

They need a serious costume change as well, it's been what, 13-14 years?

Looking forward to seeing them in the new season. :D

Grei

not the color
I'm pretty sure they are staying. The beta art work has been right about everything so far, and Team Rocket were on it.

This.

(I want them to get a new outfit or simply not appear at all, but alas neither seem to be happening. asdfjkl; )

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Like Brock, they should have left years ago. But unfortunately we don't have that luxury with them. I honestly don't see why they feel the need to keep them on the show anymore. Ash's Pokemon should be evolving against regular trainers, not random Mecha battles with Team Rocket.

dawn hater

Team Rocket is still very famous in Japan. Pokemon like Meowth and Wobbufet are still quite popular even after so many years so throwing them out of the show is as risky as getting rid of Ash. They might not be popular separately but they are popular as a team. Japanese people like humor in the show and right now Team Rocket is the only source of humor in the show(I am talking about Original not the dub).

ForteAnly

I know that TR are a source of humor for the anime but after so many season it's just terrible. I know they can find other ways to bring out the humor of the show without TR and their repeated and annoying gags.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Team Rocket will be in Best Wishes most likely, but I've been wondering why we haven't seen them in the previews. It is a bit odd but if they were being left behind in Sinnoh or something, I think we'd have heard about it by now. Best Wishes starts in just a few weeks and if Team Rocket were leaving the cast, it would be HUGE, bigger than the Brock leaving the anime drama I've seen around. Team Rocket is vitally important to the anime even though they've lost some of their luster.

ElliotDX

They were in the Beta Artwork so it's a safe bet.

I really wish they'd have a permanant villian similar to Hunter J though. Team Rocket are hardly villians.

gliscor&yanmega

Like Brock, they should have left years ago. But unfortunately we don't have that luxury with them. I honestly don't see why they feel the need to keep them on the show anymore. Ash's Pokemon should be evolving against regular trainers, not random Mecha battles with Team Rocket.

That's your opinion. Brock did leave once and he came back. I don't know why he came back but I heard something along the lines of people being disappointed or something so he came back(Not sure though). There are people who like Brock(Myself including), and if you don't like a character(Which is seems like you don't like Brock or Team Rocket from your post) then that's a unfair bias reason to want them off the show. I don't like Ash but I wouldn't want him off the show, I may not like his personality but he's still interesting to me, as are Brock and Team Rocket.

Team Rocket is the biggest source of comedy this show has. A lot of people like comedy so why remove comedy from a show when a lot of people like it? I find it always amusing with what Team Rocket does all the time, can't help but laugh. Maybe you don't find them funny but that's you and I'm pretty sure there are a lot more people who like Team Rocket comedy then people who don't like it.

Plus Team Rocket, just like everyone, has a goal. Their goal is to catch Pikachu(Amongst other things), so until they get it they aren't leaving. Also, Team Rocket as a whole was the main villain back at the very start and I don't think they have yet to disband or be foiled like the other evil Teams, and I think that's probably going to be the final moment for Pokemon overall. Ending a show like this with having the villain back from the start to end it off is a nice ending in my opinion(Although if that doesn't happen then that's fine too).

I know that TR are a source of humor for the anime but after so many season it's just terrible. I know they can find other ways to bring out the humor of the show without TR and their repeated and annoying gags.

That's your opinion. I still find them funny, as do others. A lot of shows have repeated gags, that's the whole point, to repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat...did I mention "and repeat"? Repeated comedy is common in a lot of shows and a lot of people like it.

They were in the Beta Artwork so it's a safe bet.

I really wish they'd have a permanant villian similar to Hunter J though. Team Rocket are hardly villians.

Well it depends what you consider a villain. No one in this show has come off as a villain to me. To me a villain is someone who wants nothing but chaos and wants the world to burn(And even in that case those villains tend to have some kind of mental problem which is the reason for it, thus making me still not see them as villains or evil). So I doubt I'll ever get my vision of a true villain ever, but Hunter J would be the closest to being a villain in my eyes(Although she's still not close).

dawn hater

They are still funny in Original version. Dub just ruins all of it. Most of the time Jessie's Voice Actor has to say things too fast for anyone to understand. And she doesn't even sound bossy in the dub. Most of the jokes are removed and what remains is a bunch of people with nothing to make them special.