• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What advantages does the Gamecube have over the Wii?

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
I have a Gamecube and a Wii. I've been thinking of getting rid of my Gamecube along with some other consoles that I don't play anymore. Since I can play Gamecube games on the Wii I don't feel like I need the Gamecube anymore.

Is there anything the Gamecube can do that the Wii can't do? If not I will probably sell it. I already know about the Gameboy Player and I know it won't work on Wii, so is there anything else?

NaiveLunatic

You should be fine getting rid of it. The Wii has full compatibility with all the games. The only things that may not work in every case are devices like the Gameboy Player that you mentioned, but most alternative controllers etc. just get hooked up to the console through the normal controller port, so even they should work on the Wii.

Not sure about the GBA adapter, though.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
If you use the Gameboy player or use the LAN/Modem Adaptor, I'd keep the Gamecube. Otherwise you can just use the Wii.

The Wii support all the games, and most almost every thing else will connect to a controller port of either console. Also the Wii has Cheaper Component cables and is supported by all Gamecube compatible Wiis. (The GameCube's Component cables are very limited and fetch alot of money on ebay, and the Game Cube even removed the required port on Later Models. The Wii Component are slightly worse than the Gamecube, but unless you're really wanting that quality, I'd not bother.)