• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Animal/Species/Object have not been in Pokemon Yet?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Poochyena and Mightyena are based on a brown hyena:

and Watchog is kind of like a meerkat, but I'm with you on the dolphin, I'm surprised that still hasn't happened yet.
There hasn't been a goose Pokemon yet, sure there's been ducks (Psyduck, Farfetch'd, Ducklett) and a swan (Swanna) but nothing specifically goose-inspired. I'd also say there's never been a stegosaur Pokemon, but many seem to think Dracozolt/Dracovish's back halves are a stegosaur, so it remains to be seen if we get a complete one.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
No dolphin Pokemon is the classic meme. Another Pokemon that hasn't been done is an earthworm. Yeah, I know there have been some comparisons with Onix, but it's meant to be a snake, not a worm. There's a good variety of worms, like the velvet worm's glue-spitting powers

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm surprised that Game Freak hasn't designed a narwhal Pokemon considering that it's one of the most interesting cetaceans. We also should've gotten an actual dolphin-based Pokemon a long time ago.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'd like Pokemon based on a completely insectivorous bat (which would ideally be Fire/Flying) and the fish-eating bat (Water/Flying), both of whom would be three-stage lines, with the first stages being pups only obtainable by breeding.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'd like an Ice-type Arctic wolf, even a regional form of the Rockruff line

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
What about a coffee table? It could be Polteageist's mortal enemy.

Crebase (Avalugg) is probably the closest thing. And speaking of ghosts, I'm surprised that we don't have a Bake-kujira themed Water/Ghost Pokemon considering that it would easily work as an inspiration for Whaloh's (Wailord's) evolved form or something connected to that evolutionary line.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What about a coffee table? It could be Polteageist's mortal enemy.
Regional variant for Polteageist: make a haunted kettle

NeedsAName

Possible inanimate objects:
  • A car, almost definitely Steel-type (I saw one Bug-type Fakemon that was a literal "Volkswagen Beetle"
  • Puzzle pieces, probably Normal
  • Wooden blocks, could be Normal, Grass, or maybe Ghost-type (maybe an evolution that's a castle made of blocks?)
  • A snowman, gotta be Ice-type (there was that one leak before SM that predicted a bunch of stuff like a rugby monkey and a sea cucumber, but we didn't end up getting a true snowman)
  • A matchbox, Fire-type
  • Electrical cord, Electric and/or Steel would work
  • Dyson Sphere, Steel-type, maybe also /Psychic or /Electric (A Dyson Sphere is basically a giant metal planet constructed around a star)
  • Vacuum cleaner, possibly Steel-type
  • Recliner, I have no idea what type this would be
  • Campfire, could work well as a first Fire/Grass-type
  • Backpack, could work as a Bug-type that latches onto things
  • Clock, if it isn't Ghost-type, I'm rioting

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Crane, Dolphin, platypus, jianshi, basilisk/cockatrice, Pegasus, peacock/peafowl, haunted spell book, haunted ship, proper saber tooth tiger, and a Pokémon based on the element mercury that is Steel/Poison still haven’t been done yet. Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan is a snowman. Galarian Darmanitan Normal Form is also sort of one. Golett and Golurk are technically robots and golems combined.

NeedsAName

I’d like a legit Robot, like C3pO, and a Steel/Electric type.

Fair enough. I had one idea like this which starts as a Steel/Electric robotic monkey but then gets reclaimed by nature and evolves into a Steel/Ground gorilla that's slowly falling apart.

Rune Knight

Fair enough. I had one idea like this which starts as a Steel/Electric robotic monkey but then gets reclaimed by nature and evolves into a Steel/Ground gorilla that's slowly falling apart.

As it begins to rust... also want it to shoot laser beams from its eyes.

And while we’re at it. I’d also like a Toy-Based pokémon that’s colourful with a blocky theme and maybe a Normal/Ghost or just pure Ghost type.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'd totally love a dolphin Pokemon

Too bad I wouldn't be able to nickname it the F-word because the game censors that word among others (it would have been a SpongeBob reference)

TwilightBlade

Ooo ooo! I was contemplating over my life and crying in a bath tub when it came to me!

A caveman pokemon, one that is possibly a rock-type.

A caveman Pokemon would be real cool. I think that a yeti Pokemon would be a good idea too and I heard that Game Freak were actually planning a yeti themed Pokemon in the 1st generation games before they scrapped that idea.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
A caveman Pokemon would be real cool. I think that a yeti Pokemon would be a good idea too and I heard that Game Freak were actually planning a yeti themed Pokemon in the 1st generation games before they scrapped that idea.

I had never heard about the supposed yeti Pokemon, is there a source for that? All I know is that the Gold and Silver beta leak from a year ago showed some kind of Ice-type wolf Pokemon, and I honestly think that Game Freak should recycle that idea for use in future games since I'd like a timber wolf Pokemon.