• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what animals haven't been turned into Pokémon yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
hmmm, what about Squids and Cuttlefish. Saying Octillery (Octopus) is one of those is like saying a human is a monkey

Frillish and Jellicent do have tentacles like squids, but I don't know if that's what they are supposed to be.

ysmr97

also in the big list I commented on earlier they mentioned Meerkat. Isn't one of the new gen 5 raticate replacements a meerkat?

Yeah. Watchog is a Meerkat, it seems.

Chupacabra? It's not part of Japanese folklore, but it has the potential to be cool. Especially if it was a legendary with some kind of dark past.

octoboy

I Crush Everything

Vampire Bat

One sign outside a cave in Kanto (Mt. Moon, I think?) says that zubat are blood suckers, and they can use leech life, which is "suck blood" in Japanese, so in a way, the zubat line could be considered vampire bats.

Fennec Fox

Eevee's definitely got the big ears and short body for it. I think it qualifies.

Killer Whale

Kyogre's got the markings for it. Sure it doesn't really have the body form of a dolphin, so the pokémon world could use another dolphin, but I think kyogre's a good enough orca.

Mandrill
Ratel

Monferno and infernape have bright facial markings like mandrills do. Though there probably could still be a baboon pokémon, there still isn't anything with the big, toothy, canine-esque snouts baboons and mandrills have got. And quilava looks pretty ratel-like to me.

One thing I think definitely has room is that there's really a lot that could be done with the bug type considering insects are some of the most expansive of kinds of animals, and especially considering the whole concept of pokémon was based off insect collecting. I think the pokémon world could use some more bug types based on actual bugs. I think all there really is now is surskit, and maybe kricketot. How about a backswimmer that evolves into a water boatman or water scorpion, then into a giant water bug? I mean, those things inject digestive fluids and have some of the most vicious stings, a pokémon based on that could be the next scyther! A water/bug would have more resistances than scyther would, it could seriously kick ***. And why not a damsel bug that evolves into an assassin bug? Yeah, I think more bugs.

Speaking of kricketot, I also think pokémon could use a real orthopteran. The kricket line chirps like crickets, but after that, kricketune's pretty much a literal violin beetle. There's definitely room for a pokémon that has the big, jumpy legs of a grasshopper.
so
I'm also on board with whoever said dung beetle. I love those things. Maybe give it a signature rollout-esque move that bowls bits of the terrain into a ball, so the terrain changes the move's type and power. Or how about tie it in to the Egyptian scarab mythos and make it a sun-rolling legendary? Heck, why not fuse the thing with an ankh and give cofagrigus some off-the-wall part bug type evolution?

...Okay, might be starting to lose it here.

Ditto B1tch

A flea Pokemon!!!!!!! I'm sure we don't have one yet!

They should designed it to be very tiny Pokemon (the same size of a potato, for example), and not the same size as a dog, like most of the Pokemons are.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member

They should designed it to be very tiny Pokemon (the same size of a potato, for example), and not the same size as a dog, like most of the Pokemons are.

You nearly gave me a heart attack with that picture! Well I guess a flea Pokemon would be cool.

I like it! You could be very creative with its abilities as well. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been one, because there are so many possibilities with a flea!

SimH8

Something non animal I want, is an ATOM,smallest thing ever, except it's nucleus.

Actually the nucleus is the largest part of an atom. The electrons are the smallest part. Then electrons are made up of quarks.

I'd like to see an ice wolf and various big cats.

Also the following Dinosaurs would be awesome.
Stegosaurus
Velociraptor
Spinosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Triceratops
Iguanadon

Last edited:

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Status
Not open for further replies.