• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what animals haven't been turned into Pokémon yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelloX

Well, we have Raikou. It is essentially a tiger, isn't it?

I thought of a few other animals that are not pokemon yet:
Aardvark - I can easily see this being Ground / Poison; invading the homes of bug pokemon during the night and shooting sludge bombs at them through its snout. Possible name: Aardgunk (aardvark + gunk)
Okapi - As it is kind of a strange animal, I imagine it being a bulky Ghost / Normal (similar to Girafarig). Possible name: Ipako (okapi backwards_.
Chimaera (Ghost Shark) - Obviously a Ghost / Water type, but unlike Jellicent, those will be speedy glass cannons. Possible name: Chimaraith (chiaera + wraith)
COCKROACHES - Seriously, how are these not pokemon yet? I imagine them as Bug / Dark with fast, bulky and strong on the special side, but not so much on the physical side. They will have a signature ability called "Dreadful" which will be like Intimidate but lowers the special defense of the opponent (because he is scared / disgusted). Possible name - Feroach (feral + roach).
Mantis Shrimp - A Water / Fighting type with amazing speed, attack and special defense. It should have Moxie. Possible name: Stomarimp (stomatopod +shrimp).

We actually do have a mantis shrimp now. It may not completely look like it, but it does seem to be very close to it in theme.

Two headed turtle- A regular turtle that evolves into a two headed turtle. This may seem lame until you think about the fact that this is actually a relatively common defect in some species of turtles... can't remember which though. Perhaps it evolves from a mono water type into a dual water/poison or dark type?

Stink Bug or a Bombardier Beetle?

Daddy long legs?

An actual porcupine?

Perhaps a few cryptids (regardless of how real) such as that one really fast moving thing called a rod?

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm still waiting patiently for a Wolverine Pokemon.....Man that would be epic in my opinion! Maybe next gen?

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Opossum
Electric/Dark
Volt Absorb
'Uses it's prehensile tail to hang from power lines and steal electricity'

A tiger, there is a Pyroar (lion) and Arcanine and Growlithe which are tiger striped but modeled after a dog, so we're lacking a Tiger, not sure what type that would even be... I really like the idea of a Lynx pokemon with an ice/steel type that was listed above. That would be amazing @_@

You read my mind. Some say Raikou is a Tiger but I disagree.

Siberian Tiger Pokemon
Normal/Ice
Intimidate
Sheer Force

Last edited by a moderator:

Grei

not the color
oh my god I'm so happy Rayquaza_Master777 isn't around anymore

I'm still waiting for an actual peacock (Psychic/Flying) Pokemon. And we don't have a mosquito (Bug/Flying), or a komodo dragon (Dragon/Ground, with Thick Fat as its ability).

WHERE MY KOALAS AT?! What about the... platypuses? plantapi? And i still want a more humpback whale type pokemon i never liked wailord's design.

How about some Mythical looking pokemon like a Spinx, Gryphon, Minator, Hippocampus?

Psyduck is a platypus. At the very least, he is part-platypus.

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
Do we have a Pokemon based on a Chimera?

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Do we have a Pokemon based on a Chimera?

Not necessarily the Chimera based off of the mythos, but we do have chimera-like pokemon such as Girafarig, Mawile (if the jaw counts) etc.

I'm still waiting for an actual peacock (Psychic/Flying) Pokemon. And we don't have a mosquito (Bug/Flying), or a komodo dragon (Dragon/Ground, with Thick Fat as its ability).

I'm waiting for those two as well. Perhaps some pokemon based on mythology that aren't legendaries. Take the cockatrice. Could be a Rock/Psychic or Psychic/Flying.

Illusione-Tempus

I once posted (a long time ago) that I want a polar bear, a dolphin, an eagle, a falcon, a t-rex and a sauropod Pokemon.

Now we have Beartic, Braviary, Talonflame, Tyrantum and Aurorus.

But I'm still waiting for my Dolphin. <_<

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
We already have the Numel/Camerupt line(Camel), Kabuto/Kabutops line(Trilobite) and Lapras (presumably a Plesiosaur). Other than that, I'd be interested in seeing a Flamingo pokemon, though I feel Doduo/Dodrio has already accomplished that. A Stegosaurus pokemon would be a viable possibility for a future fossil.

Keovix

Probably already mentioned but here are my contributions: llama, koala, toucan, peacock, woodpecker, dodo, narwhal, sea dolphin and river dolphin being a little different (just like shellos from east/west sea).

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
We already have the Numel/Camerupt line(Camel), Kabuto/Kabutops line(Trilobite) and Lapras (presumably a Plesiosaur). Other than that, I'd be interested in seeing a Flamingo pokemon, though I feel Doduo/Dodrio has already accomplished that. A Stegosaurus pokemon would be a viable possibility for a future fossil.

Lapras is a turtle. :/ I still don't know where people are getting Plesiosaur :/

Hmm Well there are alot of insects that need to be made pokemon, such as the flea, the cockroach, the katydid, the aphid, the termite, the walking stick (though leavanny is sort of one), the grasshopper, and the Laturn bug. Also Strepsipterans;
Strepsiptera,_Stylops.LUCID000141.mx.gif
Would make a great pokemon. :) We finally have a proper barnacle, which I'm happy about :)

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Modern day animals:

Komodo Dragon
(Could be Dragon/Poison type)

Dolphin
(Water/Psychic)

Orca
(Water or Water/Dark)

Tiger
(Fire type)

Koala
(Grass type)

Wombat
(Ground type)

Red and rufous Elephant shrew
(Ground/normal or grass/fire)

Chimpanzee
(Psychic/Dark)

Gorilla
(Grass/Fighting)

Orangutan
(Fire/Psychic)

Proboscis Monkey
(Normal)

Okapi
(Normal/Fairy)

Prehistoric and extinct animals

Parasaurolophus
(Water)

Basilosaurus
(Water/Ice)

Stegosaurus
(Rock/Grass)

Velociraptor
(Electric/Dark)

Indricotherium
(Ground/Normal)

Entelodont
(Ground/Dark)

Thylacine
(Electric)

Elephant Bird
(Grass/Flying)

Mythical animals:

Gryphon
(Psychic/Flying or Fairy/Flying)

Pegasus
(Fire/Fairy)

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
That's a good list^ and it reminded me of a major thing we're missing; Shrews!!! how do we not have a shrew pokemon? It should be partially based on a solenodon/ many species of venemous shrews, and be normal/ poison

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
A Cassowary would be nice and so would a wolf an actual wolf not a hyena/wolf hybrid an actual wolf, perhaps arctic wolf.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Not really an animal but, there hasn't been a pokemon based on Marimo it seems like it could be a pokemon too seeing as it is definitely pokemon levels of strange.

Ooh, I could see something like that evolving from a pokémon that looks like a volvox. They could both be water/grass type. That sounds neat.

The Armadillo Girdled Lizard a scaly lizard with an adorable habit of biting it's tail, it is found in deserts suggesting that it could be either rock or ground and it's habit of biting its tail can link it to the Ouroboros giving it a dark typing.

I could see something like that evolving into an amphisbaena-looking creature, as I think those have been seen as making hoops out of their bodies as well. Or maybe just even roll the three things all together and make them an evolved form of heatmor (As amphisbaena eat lots of ants as well).

COCKROACHES - Seriously, how are these not pokemon yet? I imagine them as Bug / Dark with fast, bulky and strong on the special side, but not so much on the physical side. They will have a signature ability called "Dreadful" which will be like Intimidate but lowers the special defense of the opponent (because he is scared / disgusted). Possible name - Feroach (feral + roach).

Maybe the roach's alternate ability could basically be an essential permanent focus band to mimic their seeming ability to manage to keep twitching after being stomped.

Now that we have a Fairy-type, how about a tooth fairy?

A dark-type one who has huge teeth and knows every biting-based move? Sweet.

Scratch that, how about if it gets an ability to disable biting moves if its opponent is put to sleep when it's around. Something like that.

On the subject of the fairy type, I thought a leprechaun would make a good basis for a fairy pokémon. It could have super luck for an ability and get moves like pay day and maybe aurora beam (closest move to a rainbow. Maybe it could get a fairy-type equivalent?). I could also picture it possibly using a horseshoe as a weapon. And maybe its ability could be like a reverse pay day, giving you extra money if you defeat one. I can't imagine that would have any competitive use though.

I think Kalos has been quite disappointing with its bug types. There's only one token line of them in that generation, which is actually a lower number than the number of fire types in 4th gen, which is really saying something. As I've said before, insect collecting was where Pokémon in general was derived from. I really think the origins of the franchise deserve better representation.

Another thought for aquatic insects, as the only one now doesn't stay that way upon evolving: How about a rat-tailed maggot as a pokémon? It seems gimmicky enough, and I could imagine its breathing siphon inspiring an ability that let it stay concealed with dive or dig for an extra turn. And while it wouldn't reflect real life at all (as many pokémon evolution lines don't) I could definitely see a water scorpion-like evolved form for it, so it could keep its water typing. Though maybe it still could get an alternate drone fly-like evolved form that could fly. The flying/bug typing is well-used, but flies themselves are nonetheless not.

Rational Rayquaza

Kabuto is based off a horseshoe crab. Lapras is based off a placodont and the Plesiosaur but I was refering to the shorter neck variations called pliosaurs (Such as liopleurodon) and I forget about Camerupt.

Last edited:
I'd really like a hamster,a fly and a dolphin Pokemon. Flies are super common and they still haven't made a Pokemon of that yet, surely there's Pokemon that annoy people to death. Hamsters are cute and I had one as a pet before so I'd like one (R.I.P. little Sicki). Dolphins are cool and cute so I'd like a dolphin Pokemon.

So sorry for your loss... I know the feels, I named my Dedenne Puffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.