• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Haha. No. I just watched the latest episodes and will watch weekly from there. I'm a massive fanboy for the manga (as you may possibly have noticed) so I pretty much know what's happening at any given time.

You should watch the last half of episode 35 as well. That's where the fight kicks off.

Acchi Kocchi - 11
Azumanga Daioh - 12
Eureka Seven: AO - 10
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - 6
Hunter X Hunter - 36
Hyouka - 10
Kids On The Slope - 11
Lupin III - The Woman Called Fujiko Mine - 12
Ouran High School Host Club (3rd time) - 17
Space Brothers - 13
Tsuritama - 11

I started Gankutsuou last night, so far it's stunning. I managed to pick out The Count's seiyuu right, away. It's Kotomine Kirei from Fate/Stay Night & Fate Zero. Then I checked out the English voice. IT'S THE SAME GUY WHO PLAYS KOTOMINE IN ENGLISH TOO. But yeah, this series has started out flawlessly, it might end up being one of my favourites.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
gankutsuou really is a great anime. i watched the english dub though; it wasnt too bad.

finished hanasaku iroha and nyaruko, now im gonna finish up dusk maiden of amnesia. i put it on hold back on episode 3 for some reason.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Ah, it's not like I don't know what happened previously in the fight. I'm fine to go from here. I just want to see how they do the next arc. Expect to either see gushing or flaming. There's not much chance of middle ground.

I mostly recommended it because DAT ANIMATION QUALITY.

gankutsuou really is a great anime. i watched the english dub though; it wasnt too bad.

Just finished episode 8. I'm watching subs because that's what's on YouTube. I took a look at some of the dub but I think I prefer to watch it subbed anyways.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
idk, i think it sounds sound sophisticated when they say stuff in french in the dub.

thinking about giving nichibros or ben-to a rewatch.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Accel World 11/24
Acchi Kocchi 11/12
AKB0048 9/13
Danshi Koukousei no Nichibros Specials 2/6
Eureka Seven AO 10/24
Hyouka 10/21
Jormungand 12/12 - COMPLETE
Kokoro Connect ½/-
Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna 12/13
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 37/-
Mouretsu Pirates 25/26
Naruto: Shippuuden 267/-
Natsuiro Kiseki 11/12
Nazo no Kanojo X 12/13
Recorder to Randoseru Re♪ 13/-
Sakamichi no Apollon 11/12
Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 11/15
Sankarea 11/13
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 4/24
Tsuritama 11/12
Uchuu Kyoudai 13/-
Yurumates 3D 13/13 - COMPLETE

Dammit Jormungand, y u no continue into summer? y u make me wait for fall?

Oh Japan, you and your crazily wonderful ideas.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Acchi Kocchi - 11
Azumanga Daioh - 12
Eureka Seven: AO - 10
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - COMPLETE
Hunter X Hunter - 36
Hyouka - 10
Kids On The Slope - 11
Lupin III - The Woman Called Fujiko Mine - 12
Ouran High School Host Club (3rd time) - 19
Space Brothers - 13
Tsuritama - 11

I really find it hard to find any flaws with Gankutsuou. Maybe some of the 3D animation isn't that good but it's fairly old by today's standards so that's excusable. The 2D drawings can be average to great but the unique style makes it look glorious. The plot is one of the best I've seen. Admittedly this is my first exposure to the story of The Count of Monte Cristo. I've never read the book or seen any other adaptation before. With that in mind, immediately after finishing the anime I looked up how the novel goes. Gankutsuou seems to abandon the way the novel ends but at the same time it's own story in a whole is pretty much perfect. It's odd to see an anime with a premise and execution this dark have such a wholesome theme about love and hate but they pulled it off marvelously. Congrats Gonzo, you've made one of the best.

LemonBao

Accel World 11/24
Acchi Kochi 11/12
Jormungand 12 FINISHED S1
Haiyori Nyaruko san 12/12 Finished
Saki Achiga 11/15
Kuroko no Basket 12/- up to date on manga
Nazo no kanojo X 11/13
Cardfight Vanguard 77/-
Pokemon Best Wishes Season 2 1/-
Kokoro Connect 0.5/-

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Accel World 11/24
Acchi Kocchi 11/12
AKB0048 9/13
Eureka Seven AO 10/24
Hyouka 10/21
Kokoro Connect ½/-
Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna 13/13 - COMPLETE
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 37/-
Mouretsu Pirates 25/26
Naruto: Shippuuden 267/-
Natsuiro Kiseki 11/12
Nazo no Kanojo X 12/13
Sakamichi no Apollon 11/12
Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 11/15
Sankarea 11/13
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 5/24
Tsuritama 11/12
Uchuu Kyoudai 13/-

Last edited:
Accel World - 11/24
Acchi Kocchi - 11/12
Fullmetal Alchemist - 38/51
Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 36/-
Hyouka - 10/21
Jormungand - 12/12 TO BE CONTINUED
Kids on the Slope - 11/12?
Lupin III - The Woman Called Fujiko Mine - 13/13 FINISHED
Mysterious Girlfriend X - 12/13
Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos - 12/12 FINISHED
Sankarea - 11/13
Space Brothers - 13/-
Tsuritama - 11/12?
Yu Yu Hakusho - 15/112

Things starting to end now. Once the season's all done, I'll probably make a ranking list for what I watched.

Nyarko concluded as it once meant to, without allowing a hint of seriousness to ruin proceedings. Pretty much what I expected from it. It wasn't an exceptional show by any stretch of the imagination but it was silly, surprisingly semi-intelligent for this sort of thing and just a good laugh, really.

The first half of Jormungand ended with two of the strongest episodes so far. Not only did it have the usual fun action and great characterisation, but there was actually a coherent and comprehensible reason for what was going on! Plus, Koko's amazing door-combat. She is loco.

Finale of The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. What can I say? A completely unexpected and pretty ingenious twist, and Fujiko cementing her place as one of the biggest bosses in the universe. A frankly almost perfect send-off. This is at least my number two this season for sure.