• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Miniskirt Pirates is already over? For some reason I thought that show was going to be way more popular than it was.

Everyone was pretty positive about it at first. I don't blame them, it was showing a lot of potential in the early episodes. Unfortunately, the show proceeded to systematically crush all that potential under the wasteful steamroller of mediocrity. I ended up giving up on it halfway.

I'm inclined to think that episode 12 was the last one since there was no next episode preview. It's not like the folks at Studio Deen are strangers to troll endings anyway *coughUminekocough*

Umineko wasn't so much a troll ending so much as they genuinely just weren't finished. They did a bad enough job fitting those four VNs into the 26 episodes they had (at least, I'm reliably informed that the VNs are a hell of a lot better). Imagine if they'd tried for eight!

There's going to be a Bodacious Space Pirates movie, I hear.

It would be so cool if they cancelled that and made a Lagrange movie.

I actually liked Acchi Kocchi more than I thought I would too. I think it's the closest thing to more Lucky Star that we're gonna get.

You think? I dunno, I find them pretty different. Acchi Kocchi appeals with the cute factor and an energetic charm. Lucky Star is a lot more laid-back, relying more on knowing in-humor and snarky winks and nudges.

New Uchuu Kyoudai OP and ED are new.

And significantly less drug-induced than the last one, by the looks of things.

I might start watching Hyouka sometime tomorrow too when I have time. Is it good enough to continue watching all the way though? It seems interesting so I hope so.

Yeah, keep with it if it feels a little dull early on. It improves after a while.

Accel World - 12/24
Acchi Kocchi - 12/12 FINISHED
Fullmetal Alchemist - 38/51
Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 37/-
Hyouka - 10/21
Mysterious Girlfriend X - 12/13
Space Brothers - 14/-
Yu Yu Hakusho - 15/112

I think it's a good sign for Space Brothers' characterisation that I'm becoming increasingly upset that only three of the applicants can pass.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

Drippy Miltank

Journeyman Breeder
There's so much good anime I haven't watched yet; luckily I'm on vacation so I can catch up somewhat. I've started so many anime series only to bore me halfway through. Some of those include Monster and Ergo Proxy. They did start strongly but then I just sort of lost interest. The only one I'm watching at the moment is Wolf's Rain which I'm enjoying so far. So, any recommendations on an ongoing anime?

Wolf's Rain - 13/30 *

*fixed

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
You think? I dunno, I find them pretty different. Acchi Kocchi appeals with the cute factor and an energetic charm. Lucky Star is a lot more laid-back, relying more on knowing in-humor and snarky winks and nudges.

They certainly are very different in those way but I still felt like I was watching Lucky Star whenever I finished an episode. Maybe it was the character designs or something.

Oddly enough I found Mayoi to be the most entertaining character.

I think it's a good sign for Space Brothers' characterisation that I'm becoming increasingly upset that only three of the applicants can pass.

I know that feel.

Wolf's Rain - 13/20

Wolf's Rain has 30 episodes.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
i just finished unlimited blade works. it was better than the anime series but i dont get
how archer came back at the end when it looked like he got killed the eff up earlier. i was also pretty bummed ilya didnt have more lines and she, you know, got her heart ripped out.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
katanagatari- 3/12
hyouka- 11/22
zan sayonara zetsubou sensei- 6/13
dusk maiden of amnesia- 5/12
full metal panic fumoffu- 5/12

about to get started the dub of ghost stories.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Eureka Seven: AO - 10
Hunter X Hunter - 37
Hyouka - 10
Jormungand - COMPLETE
Ouran High School Host Club (3rd time) - 21
Space Brothers - 14
Tari Tari - 1

Still no subs up for Eureka Seven or Hyouka grrr... I could easily just find another subbing group but I hate having mismatched subs.

So I watched Jormungand at Jolteon91's request. Marathoned it because I didn't feel like going out for Canada Day. ;P

It was alright. And like the writing and the tone reminds me a lot of what I've seen from Black Lagoon. The character designs are really my only big complaint.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Accel World 11/24
Arcana Famiglia 1/13
AKB0048 10/13
Campione! 1/-
Chitose Get You! 1/-
Eureka Seven AO 11/24
Hyouka 11/21
Kokoro Connect ½/-
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 38/-
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 1/-
Naruto: Shippuuden 268/-
Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 12/15
Tari Tari 1/13

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 6/24
Uchuu Kyoudai 14/-

Bishounens, bishounens everywhere in Arcana Famiglia, but it is based off of an otome so I had assumed that would be the case.

Still no subs up for Eureka Seven or Hyouka grrr... I could easily just find another subbing group but I hate having mismatched subs.

That episode is confusing as hell.

So I watched Jormungand at Jolteon91's request. Marathoned it because I didn't feel like going out for Canada Day. ;P

It was alright. And like the writing and the tone reminds me a lot of what I've seen from Black Lagoon. The character designs are really my only big complaint.

So did you like Koko being loko as much as I did?

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I've been marathoning through Fate/Zero recently. It's great, but I hear the rest of the Fate series isn't good.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
^you heard right.

fate/zero > carnival phantasm (doesn't really count) > unlimited blade works > fate/stay night = subpar.

zerofield

i miss miror
I finally finished densetsu no yuusha no densetsu, and the end was a bit of a letdown, but the series was still great overall.

Currently watching- A channel, Kare Kano, Ano Hana

Last edited:

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
katanagatari- 3/12
hyouka- 11/22
zan sayonara zetsubou sensei- 6/13
dusk maiden of amnesia- 5/12
full metal panic fumoffu- 5/12
kore wa zombie desu ka of the dead- complete
marathoned kore wa. that was some bs ending. i heard that theres gonna be episode 11 bundled with the manga in october. mofo's better not try to wrap everything up so theres no 3rd season.