• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I keep questioning whats with the Uguu and Auuu counter? I feel a bit stupid not knowing. I'm guessing it has something to do with Kanon?

Yeah, one of the girls is infamous for the phrase "Uguu~". I decided to tally how often she says it for the lolz. Little did I know another girl in the series says "Auuu~" all the time. So now I'm counting both.

Which version of Kanon are you watching?

2002 HURRRRRRRRRR

No, 2006 version of course.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Accel World 11/24
Arcana Famiglia 1/13
AKB0048 10/13
Campione! 1/-
Chitose Get You! 1/-
Eureka Seven AO 11/24
Hyouka 11/21
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 1/-
Kokoro Connect ½/-
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! 1/-
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 38/-
Moyashimon Returns 1/11
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 1/-
Naruto: Shippuuden 268/-
Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 12/15
Tari Tari 1/13
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 7/24
Uchuu Kyoudai 14/-
Yurumates 3D PLUS 1/-
Yuru Yuri ♪♪ 1/-

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Finished Kanon's 8th episode. Things were adorable until the big reveal of Makoto's identity. Dammit now things are gonna get sad... I love Key even with all the heartbreak.

Also, I'm an idiot. I only just realized why Daisuke Ono played a crow in Nichijou. Jolteon, you have permission to hit me.

UGUU COUNTER: 54
AUUU COUNTER: 70

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Accel World 11/24
Arcana Famiglia 1/13
AKB0048 10/13
Campione! 1/-
Chitose Get You! 1/-
Eureka Seven AO 12/24
Hyouka 11/21
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 1/-
Kokoro Connect ½/-
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! 1/-
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 38/-
Moyashimon Returns 1/11
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 1/-
Naruto: Shippuuden 268/-
Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 12/15
Tari Tari 1/13
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 8/24
Uchuu Kyoudai 14/-
Yurumates 3D PLUS 1/-
Yuru Yuri ♪♪ 1/-

Also, I'm an idiot. I only just realized why Daisuke Ono played a crow in Nichijou. Jolteon, you have permission to hit me.

I shall take this chance and hit you with a thunderbolt, it's super effective, enjoy your trip to the last Pokemon center you visited.

Which reference did you get though, the fact that he is also Sora (the crow) in Air, or the fact that just as Hakase tries to replace Sakamoto with him in Nichijou (at least for a short time), he also replaces Shiraishi Minoru (who voices Sakamoto) in Lucky Star?

Last edited:
Accel World - 12/24
Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi - 1/-
Fullmetal Alchemist - 38/51
Humanity has Declined - 1/12
Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 37/-
Hyouka - 11/21
Moyashimon: Tales of Agriculture - 6/11
Natsuyuki Rendezvous - 1/11
Space Brothers - 14/-
Tari Tari - 1/13
Yu Yu Hakusho - 15/112

Natsuyuki Rendezvous seems like it'll be solid romance. Good stuff.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Which reference did you get though, the fact that he is also Sora (the crow) in Air, or the fact that just as Hakase tries to replace Sakamoto with him in Nichijou (at least for a short time), he also replaces Shiraishi Minoru (who voices Sakamoto) in Lucky Star?

Dammit I only realized the first one. I was going to bed last night and suddenly realized "HE WAS A CROW IN AIR TOO! EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE! ...I'M A MORON!"

The second part I didn't realize until you just pointed it out.
*sigh*
Hit me.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Dammit I only realized the first one. I was going to bed last night and suddenly realized "HE WAS A CROW IN AIR TOO! EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE! ...I'M A MORON!"

The second part I didn't realize until you just pointed it out.
*sigh*
Hit me.

I don't think you'd survive another thunderbolt, so I'll use thunder instead.

There's a similar reference in Lucky Star as well, when Ono Daisuke joins the Lucky Channel their is an exchange between him and Akira:

Akira: "You're not a crow today"
Ono Daisuke: "You're not a dog today"
Akira: "Picco picco"

Akira's seiyuu voices Potato, the dog from Air.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
sword art online is #84 on mal.
hasnt even aired yet
wut

ps, hey jolteon, have you checked out binbougami ga yet?

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
hasnt even aired yet
wut

I'm guessing it's ranked on who votes right? So if 4 people give it a 9 or 10 out of 10 then it'll have one of the highest ratings right?

Eureka Seven: AO - 12
Hunter X Hunter - 37
Hyouka - 11
Iron Man - COMPLETE
Kanon - 8
Space Brothers - 14
Tari Tari - 1

I watched all of Madhouse's Iron Man adaptation today, it's a funny story. See my friend and I were hanging out, he wanted to watch the first Iron Man movie, I wanted to watch anime. He's an anime watcher too and so we go on Netflix.

There it was, the Iron Man anime.

It seemed to be going pretty ordinarily. Tony Stark goes to Japan and a Iron Man suit of his basically goes rouge, simple enough. THEN OUT OF NOWHERE A GIANT ROBOT SCORPION SHOWS UP. IT IS A MEMBER OF THE ZODIAC GROUP THAT IS TRYING TO DESTROY TONY STARK. IT IS THE FIRST OF 12. I laughed for a solid 5 minutes at this. Iron Man fighting 12 Zodiac robots? That is such an anime cliche so the fact that it was IRON MAN was hilarious. From there stuff gets more crazy. The Doctor guy Yinsen from the Iron Man movie who helped Tony build the first Iron Man robot becomes a villain. Wolverine shows up out of nowhere for a crossover episode/promoting the other Marvel anime. It was a very fun, silly experience. To be honest I liked it. I had a blast watching even with all the crazy stupidity. The story is downright crazy for Iron Man, one of the "main" characters is all-around useless, Tony Stark in anime form looks like he'd be a bad guy in any other show, most voice actors are overused, the villains have stupid motives and yet I still enjoyed myself. I also learned that Iron Man's character works surprisingly well with Japan's way of thinking. They view weapons as extensions of themselves and Iron Man is the perfect fit for that. And the adaptation also did surprisingly did a good job with the other theme of "correcting your life's past mistakes." More so than the Hollywood movies.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
hasnt even aired yet
wut

It had a pre-screening in Japan, I know of at least 6 people on MAL who live in Japan (and I wouldn't be surprised if there were more) who mate have seen said pre-screening, and as such given it a rating after one episode. Then of course there are the people who would be rating it 10/10 just because they are highly anticipating it, and there would also be people who are rating extremely low just to go against popular opinion.

ps, hey jolteon, have you checked out binbougami ga yet?

Not yet, but I will watch it eventually purely for Hanazawa Kana voicing a main character.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous has a good premise and is off on a great start, and the OP is really nice. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
Not yet, but I will watch it eventually purely for Hanazawa Kana voicing a main character.

tahts why i picked it up, but its pretty funny.

I'm guessing it's ranked on who votes right? So if 4 people give it a 9 or 10 out of 10 then it'll have one of the highest ratings right?
\

not exactly. i thought that shows only got ranked after 1/5 of the series has been ranked. idk, im not good at explaining these type of things.
http://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Sekirei - 2 dropped

Wow, the reviews and what I've heard don't lie, it's great but the fan service just ruins it for me.

See my friend and I were hanging out ... we go on Netflix.

Ah, the start of many a stirring tale.

Wolverine shows up out of nowhere

Wolverine can show up for no reason in pretty much anything, can't he? In fact, he does. And not just Marvel things. Wolverine is in every piece of media ever created. If you ever don't see him, you just won't looking hard enough.

Out of curiosity, what's Japanese for 'bub'?

Tony Stark in anime form looks like he'd be a bad guy in any other show

Ah, so taking inspiration from more modern interpretations of the character, then?