• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
It's Funimation, so I wouldn't count on it. Unlike Sentai, they tend to be rather inconsistent about fidelity to the original cast; for every Roberta's Blood Trail, you get something like the Trigun movie.

Well they still had JYB. They recast everyone else though...

Slayers Revolution and Evolution-R were pretty impressive, save for the absence of David Moo as Xellos.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Card Captor Sakura - 57/70

Still trudging through. Gonna try to get up to episode 60 by the time I go to bed.

I remember thinking episode 55, "Sakura in Wonderland", was the most boring episode of the series when I was younger, and it made me start to fall out of Cardcaptors. But I'm at least glad I didn't stop there, because I kinda remember the elevator episode where Li calls out Sakura by her name, and it's just such a memorable and adorable scene. Li/Sakura really is the cutest pairing <3.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Attack on Titan: 13/25
Hunter x Hunter (2011): 86/?
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: 1/12
Kuroko no Basket: 13/25
One Piece: 602/?
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: 12/24
Toriko: 110/?
Uchuu Kyoudai: 64/?

Kuroko no Basket is pretty good. Not as good as Chihayafuru, but a great sport show in any case

Eureka Seven- 28/50

This show does a really good job of bringing out all sorts of emotions. Moved my score up to a 9. Loving the new OP with Renton and Eureka re-united

Well they still had JYB. They recast everyone else though...
Haven't seen Badlands Rumble yet, but replacing Wolfwood is criminal. Well, at least JYB is still Vash

Stephanie Sheh has done some work for Funi before (She was Barkhorn in the godawful Strike Witches dub) so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that she returned

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Card Captor Sakura - 61/70

Hauuuu, nine more episodes to go! Looks like I'm actually picking up the pace now that I can see the finish line from here. If I were to guess, I'm anywhere between volumes ten and eleven in the manga at this point. I kinda wish I have those two volumes right now... then I'd be finished with the manga series.

Anyhoo, gonna keep watching. Planning on watching a couple more before I turn in for the night, and then finish it up tomorrow. Then I'll have to make a decision about what anime to watch next.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch (Rewatching) 6/25
Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji 1/?
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou 1/12
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 1/?
MM! 2/12
One Piece 602/?
Senyuu. 2 1/?
Shingeki no Kyojin 13/25

well since its my favorite anime i decided to rewatch Code Geass, its been over a year since ive seen it. so i thought its a good time to rewatch it

Adrak

One AWESOME Yosuke
Eureka Seven 30/50

The character development is fantastic in this show as is the romance between Renton and Eureka. At this rate, I'm probably going to finish it by tonight.

Eureka Seven is awesome. ^^

Bakemonogatari 8/15
The World God Only Knows Season 2 1/12

So far I'm enjoying Bakemonogatari more for its awesome story and character interaction, but TWGOK is also awesome. ^^

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Haven't seen Badlands Rumble yet, but replacing Wolfwood is criminal.

It gets worse.

"Sorry to all the fans, I would have loved to play Wolfwood again and dub the Trigun movie, but Funimation dubbed it already without me. They called me and wanted me to fly myself out to Texas from Los Angeles and put myself up in a hotel while they paid me less than the original series paid. I would have lost money on the deal. Then when I asked for more money, they went ahead and replaced me. Pretty cheap, huh? I guess they don't care about the fans. Sorry, guys, I would have loved to play Wolfwood again, but remember, I'll always be the original!" -Jeff Nimoy

What you want: Soul Eater: Brotherhood

Waht you get: Soul Eater AO

NOOOOO. No way. I've been keeping up with the manga. While I have little faith of them doing an original story, adapting the rest of the manga should be no problem. Plus there are some scenes with Kim that need to be animated.

Eureka Seven- 32/50

>Climactic scene late in the show
>First OP plays in triumphant moment

Gets me every time

The fight with TheEND right? One of, if not my favourite moment in that series.

Eureka Seven- 50/50 (COMPLETE)

Man... that ending man...

As for my thoughts on the show, it was a bit overly vague at times but the character relationships and their development coupled with top notch animation, awesome mecha fights and a lot of charm to boot makes it a solid 9/10 which puts it in my all time top 10.

I also have to give a special mention to the English dub since it was fantastic. It's surprising that someone like Johnny Yong Bosch who usually voices characters with deeper voices can play a teenager voiced by a girl so convincingly. Stephanie Sheh is great as Eureka too as is Crispin Freeman as Holland (No surprise, he's always amazing), Kate Higgins as Talho and Kari Wahlgren as Anemone.

Kind of sad that AO sucks. A sequel to the show sounds like a great idea on paper given how open ended the conclusion was.

It gets worse.

"Sorry to all the fans, I would have loved to play Wolfwood again and dub the Trigun movie, but Funimation dubbed it already without me. They called me and wanted me to fly myself out to Texas from Los Angeles and put myself up in a hotel while they paid me less than the original series paid. I would have lost money on the deal. Then when I asked for more money, they went ahead and replaced me. Pretty cheap, huh? I guess they don't care about the fans. Sorry, guys, I would have loved to play Wolfwood again, but remember, I'll always be the original!" -Jeff Nimoy
Well, it's reassuring to know it's not his fault. I assume something similar might have happened with Chris Patton being replaced halfway through the FMAB dub when Greed took over Ling's body.

Although Sentai are worse when it comes to this sort of thing. With the Angel Beats dub, they replaced the VAs of a bunch of minor characters halfway through the show (Which is only 12 episodes) and replaced half the cast of The World God Only Knows in Season 2. Luckily those dubs are terrible and not nearly as memorable as Trigun so I can just laugh it off. Although apparently they turned down Steve Blum when he made an offer to be in the English dub for Kid's on the Slope (Since he has a history with Watanabe's previous works). That's a pretty terrible thing to do.

Last edited:

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
NOOOOO. No way. I've been keeping up with the manga. While I have little faith of them doing an original story, adapting the rest of the manga should be no problem. Plus there are some scenes with Kim that need to be animated.

haha i think i know wat scenes your referring to :p. i would love to see alot of scenes from the manga animated. i mean in the anime mosquito says he can transform more then once. but it doesnt even show it in the anime haha

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Card Captor Sakura - 66/70

Two more hours to go. It'll definitely be done sometime this evening, since I have classes here soon and I need to get lunch.

The romance in Card Captor Sakura is just so innocent, I wish more shows were like that. Hauuu, Shaoran and Sakura are so cute...

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Free!- 1/12

Wow this show is gay. Like really, really gay. Pretty easy to enjoy ironically so I don't have much reason to drop it

So... which of the two meanings are you talking about ._.? I'm like confused...

Card Captor Sakura - 68/70

Hau-au, I'm trying to remember if I did see episode 68 dubbed. It's the only other reason why it is Sakura was in that costume when she transformed the Light and Dark Cards with Shaoran. I'm pretty sure the episode was aired on Kids WB... but my memory's fuzzy.

Still, I'm almost finished. And I'm actually pretty sad about it. I remember how everyone wanted to be a wizard when they turned eleven, but I wanted to be a Cardcaptor. Ever since I started watching Card Captor Sakura for the first in a long while, I've been getting those feelings back. There's just something really special about being a Cardcaptor, in that you can still be your normal self with magical powers. I mean yeah, it was like that with Harry Potter, but you went to a wizarding school for a number of months. As a Cardcaptor, you stay at home and live a normal life while getting the Cards here and there, and other things. Sure, keeping it a secret would be stressful, but to just live life the same way as before just sounds better.

I dunno, that's just what I'm feeling about it. It's just the ten-year-old in me speaking her thoughts. Cardcaptors must've really impacted me in a way like how Pokémon did. It impacted me better than Sailor Moon, that's for sure.

Hau... I wish I didn't have to go to class today so I could continue right now... It's probably for the best so I can watch the last two episodes in a row.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Attack on Titan - 13
Free! - 1
Hunter X Hunter - 85
Space Brothers - 64
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 12

Been a while since I willingly watched something and have decided to keep watching it no matter how much I disliked it. This will probably be a long haul. First KyoAni showed I've disliked this much.