• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Brothers Conflict 1/13
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch (Rewatching) 13/25
Free! 1/12
Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji 1/?
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou 1/12
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 1/?
Mirai Nikki Redial 1/1
MM! 4/12
One Piece 602/?
Senyuu. 2 1/?
Shingeki no Kyojin 13/25

Man Rewatching certain scenes of Code Geass isnt good for my heart >.< i remember the first time watching the sad/depressing scenes in this anime. its still not easier on me the 2nd time watching it

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Free! - 1

Been a while since I willingly watched something and have decided to keep watching it no matter how much I disliked it. This will probably be a long haul. First KyoAni showed I've disliked this much.

o_o

Now I really don't know if I should go ahead and watch it as planned... I don't want beefcake for the hell of it, I'd like to have some characters. Then again, I think guys just really don't like watching other guys rip off shirts to go swimming, and that girls will like this show just fine, but still...

Wonder if this'll become a guilty pleasure for the most part. I noticed its popularity on MAL shot up after the first airing, so hard to say at this point. It's still too early to tell.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
o_o

Now I really don't know if I should go ahead and watch it as planned... I don't want beefcake for the hell of it, I'd like to have some characters. Then again, I think guys just really don't like watching other guys rip off shirts to go swimming, and that girls will like this show just fine, but still...

Wonder if this'll become a guilty pleasure for the most part. I noticed its popularity on MAL shot up after the first airing, so hard to say at this point. It's still too early to tell.

well for me it was awkward as hell to watch guys just strip like every 5 minutes but i found it enjoyable to watch. its not like its a boring anime

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Free! just seems ridiculously over-the-top, like any of the number of other shows with ridiculously over-the-top fan service.

There is this one post that annoyed me, though, on Tumblr about the matter, which included the passage "An anime full of fanservice but it’s fanservice of sexy men and it’s done right," followed by a screencap. "Done right"? Is blatantly over-the-top sexual fan service ever "done right" outside of Saints Row? The implication almost is that it's done right because they're guys. I'm at least glad some people can feel good about being pandered to, and don't entirely mind, because, let's be fair, the list of shows that are based around overtly sexual fan service of girls numbers very, very many. It was one of the worst parts about Yamibou except for ****ing everything about the last two episodes.

Oh well. I think I'm just bent out of shape because of the reactions to its existence in general.

That, or I'm disappointed because dubstep.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
There is this one post that annoyed me, though, on Tumblr about the matter, which included the passage "An anime full of fanservice but it’s fanservice of sexy men and it’s done right," followed by a screencap. "Done right"? Is blatantly over-the-top sexual fan service ever "done right" outside of Saints Row? The implication almost is that it's done right because they're guys. I'm at least glad some people can feel good about being pandered to, and don't entirely mind, because, let's be fair, the list of shows that are based around overtly sexual fan service of girls numbers very, very many. It was one of the worst parts about Yamibou except for ****ing everything about the last two episodes.

Wow, you really have strong feelings about the use of fanservice. You could probably do a whole rant on fanservice. Do it.

Card Captor Sakura - 70/70 - COMPLETE

Hauuu, the ending was too bittersweet! The manga at least gave us a happy ending! Why did the anime end like that D:? I get it was so The Sealed Card could tie up the loose ends, but still, that's a heartbreaking ending there for such a happy series. I guess there was a reason I kinda forgot what the ending was like in the dub.

Oh well. It's still a really great anime, and I'm happy I watched it all the way through for the first time. It's a really innocent series, and I wish there were more shows like that. I'm gonna miss Card Captor Sakura, though, since I don't know when I'll get around to rewatching it. But I know everything's all right.

Thinking on watching Eden of the East next, but I also thought about Now and Then, Here and There. Though from what I heard of Now and Then, watching it right after Card Captor Sakura would probably not be a good idea.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Wow, you really have strong feelings about the use of fanservice. You could probably do a whole rant on fanservice. Do it.

I probably could, and very well may in the future.

Thinking on watching Eden of the East next, but I also thought about Now and Then, Here and There. Though from what I heard of Now and Then, watching it right after Card Captor Sakura would probably not be a good idea.

I can't really weigh in on either, except that I remember that Eden of the East always seemed really bizarre from a distance.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I probably could, and very well may in the future.

Please do. I would love to read it.

I can't really weigh in on either, except that I remember that Eden of the East always seemed really bizarre from a distance.

That's what I heard, but it's still a romance, and I'm a sucker for those.

Watched two... no, four Card Captor Sakura specials: the three Tomoyo Video Diaries, and Leave it to Kero-chan!--dubbed. I thought the video diaries were cute, but SWEET TAKOYAKI ON A TOOTHPICK LEAVE IT TO KERO-CHAN IS COMEDY GOLD. I was just sitting here watching thinking it was going to be a slow ten minutes, but then things went insane, and for a dub, it was glorious. My jaw was on the floor, and I didn't know if I was to start laughing or not, it was amazing.

The voice actresses for Kero and Spinel had fun, there's no denying that.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

That reminds me, I still have those two Bluray movies to watch for EotE. The TV show is good. Surprisingly little romance.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The TV show is good. Surprisingly little romance.

Dammit, then why is it listed under romance? MAL LIED TO ME.

Still planning on watching it. Not sure if I'll want to watch the two movies afterwards, though.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Dammit, then why is it listed under romance? MAL LIED TO ME.

Still planning on watching it. Not sure if I'll want to watch the two movies afterwards, though.

The TV series doesn't have much of a conclusion. Well it does but a lot of things are left up in the air. So I'm hoping the movies alleviate that.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Do it. Seriously. Now.

Hoeeeeeee!? After Card Captor Sakura? The whiplash is going to be terrible! At least let me wait until morning. Then I'll get to it, promise.

The TV series doesn't have much of a conclusion. Well it does but a lot of things are left up in the air. So I'm hoping the movies alleviate that.

I heard about that. Haven't heard much about the movies, though, but I imagine it's possible they wrapped everything up in those movies.