1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Rave, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

Zeta > 0080.

2. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

Yes. But it's also about ten times as long.

3. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

I'll have to watch other of the Gundam anime, though, if I'm ever going to watch it.

Welp, too late. Maybe next time.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - 5/26
    X-Men - 6/12

I already know of the problems, so for those who oppose this decision, the only way to keep me from watching this further is if you kill me a thousand times. But I've been meaning to get back into the show, so I returned to where I last left off so many months back. I don't believe I found the uncensored footage, but I vaguely remember stuff being censored in shadow the last time I saw it. I'll probably know later on if I managed to find it uncensored, but I don't mind either way.

Besides, I find this a good way to get into Umineko, similar to how I got into Higurashi. I get the condensed version first, and then later on, I get to be fully exposed to everything, but by that time, I'll be less confused than the average person going in for the first time. Sure, it takes away from the full experience, you might say, but if I still managed to enjoy the Higurashi sound novel and manga fully after seeing the anime, then I will have the same experience with Umineko. Only problem is I don't know where to find the sound novel, so the manga is most likely going to be my only source. I, however, will not collect it until after Higurashi finished next year. So perhaps the anime adaptation of Umineko Chiru will be official by that time, or by the time the fourth chapter is finished being translated. We shall see, I suppose.

Hee hee... I surrendered the last time, but this time, I will make it to the end. Mark my words, Bernkastel! I will see Umineko to the end, one way or another! Ha ha ha ha hahahahahaha!

Thanks for sharing the laughing gas with me, Maria. I've been meaning to practice my faces ಠ‿ಠ.

4. Janovy

Janovy Banned

5. I'm okay with Free. It's not a carbon copy of one of their older shows and it's entertaining so that's two things it has over Tamako
    4chan gave up ages ago

6. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

Attack on Titan: 17/25
    Blood Lad: 5/10
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation: 4/12
    Danganronpa-The Animation: 5/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: 4/10
    Free!: 4/12
    Gatchaman Crowds: 4/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou: 5/13
    Gin no Saji: 4/11
    High School DxD New: 4/12
    Hunter x Hunter (2011): 91/?
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: 6/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen: 5/12

Kimi no Iru Machi: 4/-
    Kiniro Mosaic: 5/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku: 4/12
    Love Lab: 5/13
    Monogatari Series: Second Season: 5/-
    One Piece: 606/?
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 5/13
    Samurai Champloo: 10/26
    Servant x Service: 5/13
    Sunday Without God: 4/13
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu: 5/13
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: 17/24
    Toriko: 115/?
    Uchouten Kazoku: 5/13
    Uchuu Kyoudai: 68/?
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!: 5/12

7. The main site sucks, so this is good news for me.
    Quick question to anyone who can answer. Do you need any experience with the franchise to watch Zeta Gundam?

8. Jolteon91

You should watch the original series beforehand.

9. AceFlonne

AceFlonne Mediator

I'm pretty hyped for Kyoukai no Kanata and the rest of the wonderful fall shows.

I'm okay with Free so far. Kou is easily the best character.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  10. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

You should, but you don't have to. You may just need to look a few things up. Like Char Aznable and Newtypes.

11. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

I'm currently watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters at the moment. I wanted to watch a new dub episode of Tiger and Bunny, but there's no new one on Hulu yet.

12. I planned on watching the original series at some point too so I might as well just watch it

13. Kutie Pie

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - 11/26
    X-Men - 6/12

Makes me wonder if Rosa's fate at the end of "Turn of the Golden Witch", much like the fate of the first six sacrifices, is foreshadowing to "Banquet of the Golden Witch". If that's the case, I wonder what was foreshadowing to "Turn" in "Legend of the Golden Witch". Removal of faces? Hmm... such an interesting turn of events.

14. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Tegami Bachi- Now on hold.
    SAO (Sword Art Online) complete!
    As much as I'd like to rant on SAO, I'd rather not... I don't need 1,000 people on my as* over an anime that's poorly received by anjme fans anyway. I'll summarize my thoughts.
    It's bad. Not as bad as people make out to be but it has a heap of problems, not so much in season 1 but season 2 really made me want to just give up entirely.

15. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

Man Tales of Xillia is really going to take up alot of my anime watching time.

Though i started Steins;Gate not to long ago im really excited to see how it goes

16. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Pretty much this.

17. Sounds like you and I are on the same wave length. Watching the second half as it aired was a pain. I just wanted it to end. But everything I can say about the show has already been said way too many times so I'll leave it at that. I've said it a lot of times, but anyone who thinks SAO is the worst thing they've ever seen (Or even amongst the worst) hasn't seen anything

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  18. Kutie Pie

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - 18/26
    X-Men - 6/12

I believe the "banquet" referred to the new witch celebrating her promotion in which she pretty much wallowed happily in the blood of her guests. She was a blast, albeit sadistic. She sure got power-hungry very, very quickly.

So yeah, will most likely finish it up tomorrow. I look forward to it, even if it may end on a weird note.

19. Jolteon91

Blood Lad 5/10
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation 4/12
    Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation 5/13
    Fantasista Doll 5/12
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 5/10

Free! 4/12
    Gatchaman Crowds 4/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 5/13
    Gin no Saji 4/11
    Hunter x Hunter 91/-
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen 5/12
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyuobi 5/13
    Kiniro Mosaic 5/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 4/12
    Love Lab 5/13
    Monogatari Series: Second Season 5/-

Naruto Shippuden 322/-
    Recorder to Randoseru Miミ☆ 4/-
    Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS 5/12
    Servant x Service 5/13
    Shingeki no Kyojin 17/25
    Soul Eater 17/51
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu 5/13
    Tamayura: More Aggressive 5/12
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 17/24
    Uchouten Kazoku 5/13
    Uchuu Kyoudai 68/-
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! 5/12

Fantasista Dolls is sooooooooooo bad.

20. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

yes. yes it is. its so hard to sit thru it, also i really dislike the MC alot