1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Rave, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

Well ****, because that's on my "plan to watch" list. I rarely drop shows anyway, so I'm probably still going to put myself through it no matter what. I heard about how boring Red Data Girl is, and yet I'm still personally willing to sit through it when I get to it... eventually. Same with School Days, because I want to see the badness for myself I hate myself so much. I've just been negative about myself lately... why else do I intentionally torture myself with bad anime?

...actually, I don't watch them alone, but it still counts. Watching Protectors of Universe hurt, longest 90 minutes of my life. Didn't help the video was off-sync by five seconds. That's how much I hated myself that day.

2. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

School Days is such a hilarious cluster****, seriously. It's not even a drama like it wants to be, it's an unintentional black comedy almost like The Room. I'd recommend just marathoning it like I did to get it out of the way, and see if you can get some friends in on it somehow to mock it with you.

3. Kutie Pie

So I hear.

I don't know many friends xD. I'd do it with my brothers, but as part of their preparation for leaving for their two-year missions, they're slowly weeding themselves off the computer and anime for now--unless it's a bit more friendly (one of my brothers and I are going to watch Fighting Foodons together as soon as possible for the nostalgic lulz) but that's not the point. I'm also not going to subject my fourteen-year-old brother to it, so I'm pretty much going in solo. I just have to find a day to do it, and get the right preparations. If you have any suggests, I'd like to hear it.

4. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

They really should animate Summer Days or Shiny Days. I'd even settle for Cross Days.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  5. AceFlonne

AceFlonne Mediator

I should really start watching this School Days anime to see how bad it is.

6. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

Treat it like sitting down to watch a movie. Gather up whatever snacks and drinks you prefer, suspend all standards of taste and just take the plunge. It's so hilariously bad that you'll either be bored stiff by it or die of laughter.

7. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

[img139]http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/20130807124617bae.jpg[/img139]

That Tamako.

8. Really have to get to watching School Days some time so I can see how 'deep' and 'psychological' it is. Hoping it's at least marginally less pretentious than Aku no Hana
    That's... actually not bad.

9. EmphaticPikachu

EmphaticPikachu A tired little girl~

NOT YOU TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm a gonna cry now...

*cries in a corner*

I wanna play it....I wanna....

Okay so, I guess watching the cutscenes and skits of Tales of Xillia counts as an anime...so there, I'm watching that...T^T

10. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

The Big O: 2/26
    Blood Lad: 5/10
    Danganronpa the Animation: 5/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya: 5/10
    Free!: 4/12
    Gintama: 83/201
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: 8/50
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 5/13

I'm pretty sure that, when I was younger, The Big O was my favorite anime. I don't know what this says about me, though.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  11. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

I watched Paprika today. It was neat, though most of it look twisted.

12. Kutie Pie

That's your brain on anime ;P.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - 20/26
    X-Men - 6/12

Soooo... according to what I got, basically anyone can become a witch as long as they have magic? That explains why Maria knew so much about the symbols, but...

...huh. Umineko sure likes to run on meta-meta logic.

13. Titanium Tyranitar

Titanium Tyranitar Well-Known Member

I have been watching dragon ball z since I have got the seasons of dvd and I just finished watching the Frieza Saga whic awesome so soon I'm going to start watching the android saga :)

14. Kutie Pie

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - 26/26 - COMPLETE
    X-Men - 6/12

I actually liked Umineko. It didn't have the same impact on me like Higurashi did, especially since it looks like it'll sadly go incomplete as an anime, but it was really interesting, and it does give me interest in the series. So for sure I will get the manga of it, and I will attempt to track down the game. It'll be fun to get more information that the anime left out.

Also, apparent Umineko has specials, but I only found four out of 26, and they looked really dumb. It's basically I guess trying to be an omake, but it comes out more like a YouTube Poop or whatever since it's just "dubbing" over lines, pretty much. Not sure if it's worth trying to track down the rest if they exist anywhere else online.

15. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

The Big O: 2/26
    Blood Lad: 5/10
    Danganronpa the Animation: 5/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya: 5/10
    Free!: 4/12
    Gintama: 84/201
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: 10/50
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 5/13

16. Sceptile Master

Sceptile Master Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression

Free! 5/12 (ongoing)

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 22/90?+ (ongoing)

Hyperdimension Neptunia 4/??? (ongoing)

Kodomo no Jinkan 2/12

Pokemon (watching this so out of order I can't put it in x/y format)

Sailor Moon [sub] 180/200 In Sailor Stars of course. Seiya blushing was one of the cutest things ever In English-naming format though... would his name be Seiya Kou or Kou Seiya? I mean everyone seems to talk to him on a personal level and calls him Seiya, so I assumed that was his first name, but... I don't know.

Tamako Market 2/12 Went back to my friend's house with my charger. We just decided to rewatch episode 2 from the beginning since my laptop died 3/4 of the way through it before. Not too bad of a choice for one of her more "obscure" first anime, it seems like

Tokyo Mew Mew 1/52 Resumed from the beginning Made it to episode 44 ages ago, put it on hold for a long time... want to get back into it so I decided to just start from the beginning again.Also did I mention how annoying it is that none of the two fansubbers got the attack names or technically even character names right? (They're puns [within puns] though, so... I guess I understand)

Watamote 5/??? (ongoing)

Also guys... should I drop Commie? Don't get me wrong, they're great for JJBA except their encoding on certain JJBA episodes so I decided to stick with them after seeing that but now I'm kinda starting to like them less. I mean they acknlowedged they saw the Splash Free official lyrics and didn't change them. Also "unpopulass" in Watamote [is that what it actually says?], what. (And that episode 2 incident with Tomoko talking about anime to Yuu.) Thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  17. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

Commie is not that great. I mean look at these pure non trolly subs

18. Sceptile Master

Sceptile Master Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression

^ Haha, that, I actually thought was pretty funny at first. However I thought they would stop that after the first episode (along with ☆ FREEDOM MACHINE ☆ which was a lot funnier at the time seeing as Ep1 came out on the 4th of July). I find that easier to ignore than their other stuff they do though. It's getting kinda old to me now, but eh, that I can put up with. I also really want to start watching SnK but I don't want to stream, and then there's that whole Eoten business with Commie, and I'm a bit uneducated as to who the "better" fansubber is for SnK right now.

I'm still going to stick with them for Stardust Crusaders (and some other certain shows), seeing as I still think they did a wonderful job with subbing JJBA. I just hope that when it comes out they don't mess with it like they have been with their recent torrents... However I really don't know who to turn to if I leave them, I guess I'm thinking HorribleSubs and Coalgirls but i really have no idea.

I mean obviously I don't know Japanese but there's a point where even non-speakers can tell something doesn't sound right.

19. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

GG is pretty good for SnK i usually go with Horrible Subs most of the time. Fast and decent subs

20. I liked Commie's subs for Psycho Pass and a few other shows. But they're mostly godawful.

Like how 'Ittadakimasu' gets translated to 'Lord, we don't thank you for this food because we brought it ourselves' in C3.