1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Rave, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Tsumiki

Tsumiki Tsun Tsun~

I kind of finished Death Note. That's a thing.

I honestly didn't find Post Ep 25 as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Near didn't make for nearly an interesting rival as L did and parts of the second half did feel rushed, but I still enjoyed it. Again, I can't help but draw comparisons to Code Geass especially with the way both shows ended. Lelouch's ending was imo one of the best endings in anime, while seeing Light like that was kind of pathetic. Also Teru made writing names look more epic than it should every be.

Besides that i also finished Zettai Bouei Leviathan which I dropped midseason and the Digimon Tamer movies. Nothing too special.

2. Mobile Suit Gundam- 1/43

Well, time to get this thing going. While the themes were super campy, the show itself was far less campy than I thought it would be. Animation looks pretty good for '79 despite some QUALITY. I guess that's what separates Sunrise from a crappy studio like Toei (Whose only good looking show is Heartcatch Precure). Hopefully this could work as a gateway into the mecha genre.

3. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

Toradora! - 5/25
    X-Men - 6/12

There, I'm watching it now.

I'm really enjoying it thus far, the characters really are amazing, there's not one I really hate (well... maybe Ami, but I have a feeling that'll change soon). I thought I'd be like Taiga since she is short like I am, and we both don't know how to ride a bicycle (I know I'm 21, shut up), but she's much more hot-blooded. I used to be that way when I was younger, but I mellowed out over the years. Well, I would kick boys in the shins in high school... But still, I feel a bit of a connection to her, and I like that. I probably will come to really love her by the end.

I really like the ending song, "Vanilla Salt", yet I don't care for the opening "Pre-Parade". I don't know why... probably has to do with the rhythm or something.

Also, Rie Kugimiya, voice of Taiga, played Shannon from Umineko XD. I really am just running into familiar voices all over the place, aren't I.

4. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Vegetable of Doom!

Hey, I still can't ride a bicycle at 23.

A Certain Scientific Railgun S - 17/24
    Attack on Titan - 17/25
    Danganronpa: The Animation - 5/13
    Heartcatch Precure! - 29/49
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 91/?
    Monogatari Series Second Season - 5/26
    Oreimo Season 2 - 13/16
    Potemayo Specials - 6/6
    Space Brothers - 68/?
    Sunday Without God - 5/13
    The Eccentric Family - 5/13
    The World God Only Knows: Goddesses - 5/12
    WATAMOTE ~No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!~ - 5/12

I really liked the main Potemayo series, but I thought the specials were even better. With shorter episodes and no urge to focus on serious plot, the show just went wild, and I really enjoyed that.

Man, the way Ai introduces herself using her full name really warms my heart. I'm not sure how to explain why I'm enjoying Sunday Without God as much as I am. It just feels right tonally.

5. Boson

Boson Active Member

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 06

So basically now have "half-dead" main character, other than that, awesome episode, with crazy facial expressions once again.

6. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

i like the 2nd OP better then the 1st

7. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

I actually prefer the first one. I like the way it has two different tunes going on at the same time, and while they sound different, they go together really well. It reminds me of the two lead characters.

8. 4de_92

4de_92 Well-Known Member

rozen maiden 2013
    dog & scissors
    fate/lined kaleid illya
    silver spoon
    attack of titans

9. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

well if u put it that way its hard to argue...

10. Kutie Pie

Super Mario Brothers: Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach
    Toradora! - 5/25
    X-Men - 6/12

I can see why it's an obscure Japanese anime, but at the same time, I wish it wasn't. It was a cute little film, and it was a fun nostalgia trip with a different perspective of the world of the Mushroom Kingdom. Sure, it got a little annoying at times, but I still enjoyed it, and I'm happy I got to watch it.

The ending, though :(. Why did they do that? Yeah, it wasn't a big shock for me since I got spoilered about it on TV Tropes about a year or two back thinking I would never-ever-ever get to see it, but still... I don't know why they did that. It left me sad.

11. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

Attack on Titan: 17/25
    Blood Lad: 5/10
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation: 4/12
    Danganronpa-The Animation: 5/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: 4/10
    Free!: 5/12
    Gatchaman Crowds: 4/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou: 5/13
    Gin no Saji: 4/11
    High School DxD New: 4/12
    Hunter x Hunter (2011): 91/?
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: 6/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen: 5/12
    Kimi no Iru Machi: 4/-
    Kiniro Mosaic: 5/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku: 5/12
    Love Lab: 5/13
    Monogatari Series: Second Season: 5/-
    One Piece: 606/?
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 5/13
    Samurai Champloo: 18/26
    Servant x Service: 6/13

Sunday Without God: 5/13
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu: 5/13
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: 17/24
    Toriko: 115/?
    Uchouten Kazoku: 5/13
    Uchuu Kyoudai: 68/?
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!: 5/12

12. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Got caught up on Attack on Titan, Free!, and Silver Spoon.

Finished Usagi Drop, it was really enjoyable.

13. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

The Big O: 2/26
    Blood Lad: 5/10
    Danganronpa the Animation: 5/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya: 5/10
    Free!: 5/12
    Gintama: 85/201
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: 10/50
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 5/13

Well, that happened.

14. Kutie Pie

Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation - 3/12
    Toradora! - 5/25
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! - 1/12
    X-Men - 6/12

Finally gave in and decided to watch some still-airing anime because I'm tired on how my "plan to watch" list keeps growing, never shrinking.

First off, Neptune is... okay. All I got out of it thus far is cute girls in a cyber world of sorts transforming into grown women wearing scantily-clad outfits, and were in obvious BDSM poses at the end of the third episode. I hope it'll get better over time, but at the moment, I'm just going, "Really, Japan?" in my head.

Now Watamote's first episode was great, it got me at the Death Note parody to the point my brothers wanted a look. While I see a little bit of myself in her, Tomoko really does remind me of a girl I knew throughout high school, so I'm wondering if I should send her a message saying "Watch this anime". She says she relates to Konata a lot, so perhaps this will be another character she'll like. Who knows.

I did give my screen a weird look as she was playing her DS game. I... I think the guy in the game came rainbows. Was that the joke?

15. Adrak

Adrak One AWESOME Yosuke

I liked the first OPs animation better, but the second OPs song is way better than the first. =P Both are great though. ^^

16. Kutie Pie

Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation - 3/12
    Toradora! - 5/25
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! - 2/12
    X-Men - 12/12 - COMPLETE

X-Men was neat. The ending felt a bit odd, but when I remember that this is Marvel, it all makes sense. Hisako was pretty cool, though for the final episodes, I kept imagining her as Rika (didn't help she does look like her a bit). Even Xavier and Wolverine had awesome moments that I thought were neat. Can't say for sure I'll watch the show again, but I enjoyed it.

As for Watamote, the second episode really hit close to home for me in some aspects, especially with the day she spent with her friend. I felt sorry for Tomoko. Then we get a hope spot with the drawing that I don't think anything more will come out of it.

Her fantasies were oddly hilarious, though. Her thoughts are just all over the place xD.

17. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

Blood Lad 5/10
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation 4/12
    Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation 5/13
    Fantasista Doll 5/12
    Free! 5/12
    Gatchaman Crowds 5/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 5/13
    Gin no Saji 5/11
    High School DxD New 5/12
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou 6/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen 5/?
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 5/13
    Kimi no Iru Machi 4/?
    Kiniro Mosaic 5/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 5/12
    Love Lab 6/13
    Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist 5/12
    Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 8/12
    Monogatari Series: Second Season 5/?
    One Piece 606/?
    Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS 5/12
    Rozen Maiden (2013) 6/13
    Senyuu. 2 6/13
    Servant x Service 6/13
    Shingeki no Kyojin 17/25
    Steins;Gate 6/24
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu 6/13
    Teekyuu 2 5/12
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 12/24
    Uchouten Kazoku 5/13
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! 5/12

18. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Attack on Titan - 17
    Free! - 5
    Humanity Has Declined - 7

Hunter X Hunter - 91
    Monogatari Series Second Season - 5
    Servant x Service - 6
    Silver Spoon - 5

Space Brothers - 68
    The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc - 5
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 17
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! - 5

19. Autis-misc

Autis-misc Abridger

I'm caught up on Dangan Ronpa and Love Lab. I need to watch the new episodes of Watamote, Fate/Kaleid, and Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku now.

Also, Dropping SAO. I think it's okay, but not really worth continuing.

20. Todoserugi

Todoserugi Never Forget

i am currently watching the 3rd episode of death note