• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Miniduffa

Fire Lover
I'm not a massive watcher of anime by any means, only really watching Pokemon, Digimon and Beyblade from my childhood. But recently I binge-watched the entire series of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in about a week. What am amazing series, possibly up there in one of my favourite TV shows of all time along with Doctor Who and Breaking Bad. Then after that I watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, which was perfect. The music, the direction, the art style and the dub voices (Crispin Freeman and Wendee Lee), they were all perfect.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Medabots 42/52
Cyborg 009 (1968) 8/26
Cyborg 009 (1979) 3/50
Cyborg 009 (2001) 11/52
Dinosaur King 1/49
Tai Chi Chasers 1/39
Spider Riders 1/52
Ouran High School Host Club 15/25
Maburaho 5/26
Stellvia 21/26
His and Her Circumstances 1/26
Trigun 1/26
The World of Narue 1/12
Kiba 7/52
Lucky Star 12/23

Finally decided to look up some of these shows and see how many episodes in total they have.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge - 10
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - 10
Golden Time - 22
Hunter X Hunter - 120
Kill la Kill - 22
Nagi no Asukara - 23

Nisekoi - 9
Seitokai Yakuindomo* - 10
Silver Spoon 2nd Season - 9
Space Brothers - 97
Space Dandy - 10
Tonari no Seki-kun - 10

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
>exposing your powerlevel
>watching anime with family and friends

Why, exactly? Pretty brave thing to do if you ask me.

Are you assuming I should never share anime with my family because I think the anime is good enough (and appropriate enough because Mom's very picky with what anime should be in the house) to show to them and thus counts toward quality time? You know, there's enough anime out there to share with the family if you know where to look :/, sorry that you don't care to share your interests with your own parents. I've only started sharing the anime I watch with my mom since CLANNAD a couple of years ago because I felt it needed to be shared with the family. I've only watched two other anime with her since: Escaflowne and Kanon. Studio Ghibli movies she watches on her own whim, she has since Spirited Away/Princess Mononoke (whichever was the first Ghibli film we've watched). She didn't like Sailor Moon, and she didn't really care much for Pokémon nor Cardcaptors when they were on Kids WB.

Anyhoo, bought two Appleseed DVDs at Half-Price today, the 1988 OVA and Appleseed Saga Ex Machina, so I plan to watch them here soon. Also got the Fullmetal Alchemist movie for my brother to compensate for lack of Bleach season boxsets (there were two copies of season three, and they were gone after a month), and bought myself the first four DVD volumes of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Because I can.

But it's staying up in my room. Mom can't do a thing about the copies, but she wouldn't be happy if my little brothers got into it.

Ace of Diamond - 22/?
Bleach 44/366
Buddy Complex - 5/13
D-Frag! - 10/12
Double Circle - 2/?
Dragon Ball Z - 200/291
Golden Time - 19/24
Hamatora The Animation - 4/12
Hoozuki no Reitetsu - 10/12
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - 9/10
Kill la Kill - 22/24
Love Song of a Certain Pilot - 4/12
Mahou Sensou - 3/12
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei - 9/12
Mou Hitotsu no Mirai wo. 2/3
Nagi no Asukara - 23/26
Nandaka Velonica - 3/10
Nisekoi - 7/20
Nobunaga the Fool - 6/24
Noragami - 10/12
Nourin - 7/12
Pokémon - 28/276
Pupa - 10/12
Pupipo! - 12/15
Sakigake!! Otokojuku - 7/34
Samurai Flamenco - 17/22
Samurai Pizza Cats - 35/54
Scrapped Princess - 17/24
Space☆Dandy - 10/26
Strange+ - 10/12
Tonari no Seki-kun - 10/21
Wake Up, Girls! - 8/12
Witch Craft Works - 9/12
Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil - 5/12
Yowamushi Pedal - 22/38
Yozakura Quartet: Tsuki ni Naku - 2/3
Z/X: Ignition - 7/12

Nandaka Velonica is a kids' show, but it's a really interesting kids' show. I'm adoring it thus far.

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
And one of my friends told me that Toradora was too small of a show to get dubbed...

I was thinking about watching it but then I watched Haruhi and was put off from Slice of Life / Comedy / etc.
I can't think of many similarities between Haruhi and Toradora. Umm... they're both set in and around high school?

Anyway, maybe the inclusion of a dub will encourage a UK company to pick Toradora! up. I can only hope.

Golden Time - 22/24
Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 120/?
Kill la Kill - 21/24
Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea - 23/26
Noragami - 9/12
Sakura Trick - 9/12

Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed - 5/12
Space Brothers - 96/?
Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time - 10/13

I know I'm behind on Noragami, but I just wanted to say that even though I normally hate angst-filled stories like Yukine's, I thought this one was done well. It might have been because there was also some focus on other stuff too - I don't think I could have handled Yukine 24/7, but this show is very well balanced and nicely paced.

Shadow XD001

Kill la Kill - 22/24
Monster - 74/74 COMPLETE

One Piece - 37/-

Monster was truly amazing. The characters, the story, everything. Although it had some boring moments, it didn't really take away from the experience all that much.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I know I'm behind on Noragami, but I just wanted to say that even though I normally hate angst-filled stories like Yukine's, I thought this one was done well. It might have been because there was also some focus on other stuff too - I don't think I could have handled Yukine 24/7, but this show is very well balanced and nicely paced.

I'm kinda sad that they're doing a filler ending. It makes sense, since the next arc is about the same length as this one, but it's frustrating since the next arc is really good. It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off, but I'd have preferred them to go into the next arc. Read the manga, you'll see what I mean

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
pokemon xy 19/?, (dub) 9/?
sakura trick 11/12 ( not even this one)
seitokai yakuindomo 11/12 ( oh no - its going to end?)
d frag 11/12 ( this one too)
robotics; notes 11/22 ( i regret myself i should have watch this one from the start - the plot looks interesting to me even my friends said so)

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Buddy Complex: 10/12
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren: 10/?
D-Frag!: 10/12
Diamond no Ace: 20/?
Gin no Saji 2nd Season: 9/11
Golden Time: 22/24
Hajime no Ippo: Rising: 20/25
Hamatora The Animation: 8/12
Hoozuki no Reitetsu: 7/?
Hunter x Hunter (2011):120/?
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.: 7/10
Kill la Kill: 22/24
Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season: 20/26
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: 1/110
Log Horizon: 23/25
Mahou Sensou: 7/?
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei: 7/12
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic: 20/?
Mobile Suit Gundam: 3/43
Nagi no Asukara: 23/26
Nisekoi: 7/?
Nobunaga the Fool: 7/24
Nobunagun: 8/13
Noragami: 10/12
Nourin: 9/12
One Piece: 635/?
Saki: Zenkoku-hen: 7/13
Samurai Flamenco: 18/22
Seitokai Yakuindomo*: 10/13
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda: 7/13
Space☆Dandy: 10/?
Strike the Blood: 19/24
Super Sonico The Animation: 8/12
Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta: 10/12
Tokyo Ravens: 22/24
Tonari no Seki-kun: 10/21
Toriko: 143/?
Uchuu Kyoudai: 97/?
Witch Craft Works: 8/12

KILL LA KILL

KILL LA KILL

KILL LA KILL

RYUKO FOR SSB4

Xionea

Half a centaur
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - 10/12
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Lite - 5/-
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 32/64
Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season - 1/12
Kiss x Sis - 10/-
Little Busters!: Refrain - 8/13
Maken-ki! - 2/12
Neon Genesis Evangelion - 1/26
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne! (rewatching) - 12/12 Completed
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi - 5/12
Ouran Highschool Host Club 15/26
Pupa - 10/12
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga. - 10/12
Sakura Trick - 10/12
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda - 9/13

Got sick yesterday, so out of bordness I continued on FMA:B. I do plan to finish it, but it's annoying since I'm in the parts I found rather boring in the manga, but I know it'll pick up eventually. Just gotta push through...

All those emotions in Chuunibyou :(

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Medabots 42/52
Cyborg 009 (1968) 8/26
Cyborg 009 (1979) 3/50
Cyborg 009 (2001) 11/52
Dinosaur King 1/49
Tai Chi Chasers 1/39
Spider Riders 1/52
Maburaho 5/26
Stellvia 23/26
Trigun 1/26
The World of Narue 1/12
Kiba 7/52
Lucky Star 12/23

Will probably finish Stellvia tonight, this show was awesome. Bummed that it's already over.

Fate/Zero- 13/13 (Re-watching) (COMPLETE)
I finally scraped together enough cash to get the first collection of Fate/Zero on Blu-ray so I decided to re-watch the show with the English Dub. And for the first time in forever I've finally found another show where I can say for sure that the Dub beats the original thanks to some more engaging dialogue and Crispin Freeman. In fact, it's probably the single best English dub I've ever heard. There, I said it.

As for the show itself I already loved it but being more engaged with the dialogue than my initial viewing has made me realise just how wonderfully crafted the whole thing is. I mean, how could you say Urobuchi is all shock value when he wrote this?

Durarara!! 2 is happening, and it's going to be awesome.
Welp, time to re-watch the show subbed so I can implant the voice of Sawshiro Miyuki in my head

[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m25uk1dLwr1qg7h6bo1_400.gif[/img139]

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Durarara!! 2 is happening, and it's going to be awesome.

Which sequel/remake/whatever announcement is it now? 2014 is shaping up to be awesome

Jojo Part 3, Fate/stay night, Mushishi, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, other things.

The only thing we're really missing is A Certain Magical Index Season 3 and Kizumonogatari/Monogatari Series 3

Oh, and Gintama: A New Hope

I guess if we really want to wish, Rewrite should be adapted, too

Last edited:
Well that doesn't reveal anything but I guess it looks cool. I guess we can expect it to be... cool?
Anyway, I can't wait for this. I don't particularly dislike the second half like I find a lot of people do (I probably liked it a bit more than the first actually) but I agree with most that the ending was bad. I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger but the note it went out on was a bit underwhelming and left a lot of questions unanswered so I'm glad we can see more.
Now if only Brain's Base could do that third season of Spice and Wolf

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Medabots 42/52
Cyborg 009 (1968) 8/26
Cyborg 009 (1979) 3/50
Cyborg 009 (2001) 11/52
Dinosaur King 1/49
Tai Chi Chasers 1/39
Spider Riders 1/52
Maburaho 5/26
Stellvia 26/26-Complete!
Trigun 1/26
The World of Narue 1/12
Kiba 7/52
Lucky Star 12/23

Finished Stellvia, man, that show was epic. Now to find another show that I'll like.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Because the day wouldn't be complete without some bad news to go along with the good news of more Durarara!!, Uchuu Kyoudai ends next week.

I kinda suspected this, but I still felt a jolt of surprise when I read this. And then a big pit in my stomach. Then tears. Suicidal depression. Other things. At least we have the movie