• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This past week I viewed Naruto Shippuden episode 403, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V episode 47, Gourmet Girl Graffiti episodes 9 and 10, and Shirobako episodes 5-9.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season - 10/12
Angel Beats! Specials - 1/2
Death Parade - 10/12
High School DxD New OVA - 1/1 Completed
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu - 23/24
Kiss x Sis - 10/12
Monogatari Series: Second Season - 10/26
Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! OVA - 1/2
R-15 - 5/12
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - 22/22 Completed
To LOVE-Ru Darkness OVA - 5/6

The amount of emotions I had from that last episode of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso completely overpowered me. My shirt is totally tear soaked. This anime is seriously in my top anime of all time, if not the top.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
absolute duo 8 /?
aldnoah zero s2 16/?
amagi brilliant park 12/13
ansatsu kyoushitsu 3/22
campione 12/13
chunibyo demo koi ga shitai 2/12 / chunibyo demo koi ga shitai ren
daitoshokan no hitsujikai 11/12
denki gai no honya san 8/?
fate stay night unlimited blade works 7/12, 13-24 (april 2015)
fate stay night 11/24 - rewatches ( on standby)
grisaia no kajitsu 12/13
gundam build fighters try 11/?
idolmaster cinderella girls 1/?
isuca 8/10
jojo's bizarre adventure 2012 1/25
kaitou joker 3/?
kiseijuu 7/?
kokoro connect 16/17
koufuku graffiti 10/?
magic kaito 1412 1/24
mayo chiki 1/13
ore twintails ni narimasu 5/?
outbreak company 1/12
pocket monsters diamond/ pearl 4/191 (yes still a long way to go)
pokemon xy 1-50, 54
rolling girls 3/?
saenai heroine no sodatekata 10/11-12
seiken tsukai no world break 6/?
shigatsu wa kimi no uso 8/22
shirobako 8/?
shirogane no ishi argevollen 22/24
sword art online s2 20/24
trinity seven 11/12
urusei yatsura 81/195
yuri kuma arashi 10/12

ROFLLMAO, best ending ever and I'll never forget what I saw - cheers for loads of fanservice also

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
The amount of emotions I had from that last episode of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso completely overpowered me. My shirt is totally tear soaked. This anime is seriously in my top anime of all time, if not the top.

This. If a show has characters I like, which this did, then I'm an absolute sucker for any kind of cheap melodrama they can through at me, and Shigatsu was full of it. Easily one of my favourite shows over the past two seasons, only topped by JoJo and Parasyte.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ace of Diamond - 45/75
Assassination Classroom - 10/22
Astro Boy (2003) - 6/50
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! - 9/12
Black Bullet - 2/13
Black Butler - 10/24
Bleach - 125/366
Death Parade - 11/12
Dragon Ball - 56/153
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin - 9/21
Isuca - 6/10
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 35/?
Juuou Mujin no Fafnir - 4/12
Koufuku Graffiti - 8/12
Maria the Virgin Witch - 10/12
Mighty Orbots - 5/13
Military! - 11/12
Parasyte - 23/24
Pokémon Advanced Generation - 25/192

Ranma ½ - 18/161
Rolling☆Girls - 1/12
Sakigake!! Otokojuku - 12/34
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - 22/22 - COMPLETE
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - 3/12
Speed Racer - 11/52
Tweeny Witches - 4/40
Wedding Peach - 7/51
Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road - 21/24

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm putting all this in spoilers because good Lord I kinda got carried away...

I feel like Shigatsu was a way to prove that animation is a wonderful medium. When done correctly, animation is beautiful, and can tell a story through visuals alone. A great musical score to match helps wonders, for while we can visually see a story play out on the screen, if we can't hear the story, then there's no real merit to it. Shigatsu succeeded there, and I applaud it for that, and I would love to see other studios do the same. However, what bothered me the most about it were the characters and of course the melodrama. Clichés aren't bad, per se, but when nothing "fresh" or "different" is being done to that cliché, then it's just like everything else. One of the key things I personally latch onto are the characters, and if they're well-written enough to be like real people, I grow attached to them. Of course, even if they were like real people, it doesn't mean I can automatically like them, and that can affect my own personal enjoyment. The only exception I can think of is Neon Genesis Evangelion in that while I have no real opinion on the show, I cared for none of the characters on an emotional level, yet they don't bother me--probably because we technically weren't supposed to really... attach ourselves to them. We're just observing; we can feel sorry for them, but we just can't empathize.

I honestly don't want to make this comparison out of fear I'll sound pretentious or whatnot, but the reason I really and truly love CLANNAD more over Shigatsu is because the characters were that much more real. Both series have their own melodrama (they're basically soap operas), yet I got to know the characters on a more personal level, and was able to understand their own personal demons and wanted them to succeed and live life--and when they did, I was happy for them, even if they didn't get exactly what they wanted (like they would have in another world). I feel Shigatsu struggled with that when it came to Kousei. It wasn't noticeable at first, but as the show went on, it got really, really frustrating to watch him struggle with his personal problems dealt from all the pressure his mother put on him. Yes, this happens to people, but I think it was a little too much here to the point I was ready to throw my hands up at any given time and say, "I'm done. You're hopeless." I didn't say "I'm done", but I still thought, "You're hopeless" even after he kinda-sorta got over his blockade. He really is not an interesting character past his blockade, and even the blockade had its limits. Kaori has more personality than him, and was less frustrating to watch even after we got it shoved in our faces that she was very sick. She's like a more energetic Nagisa, but I still prefer Nagisa over Kaori, not because Nagisa has qualities and traits I can connect to (that I've also seen in people I know), Kaori is like that too. I feel it's mostly because she really was able to connect with her love interest, meanwhile Kaori was pretty much lying to herself most of the time. She connected with Kousei, but that chemistry never completely clicked for me, even though it's totally there. I dunno, maybe his own issue with his near-mother complex made me think it was never going to truly work out despite her being the catalyst.

Then there's the other characters who I'm really starting to forget because... I just was never interested in those characters. Tsubaki is your typical tomboyish tsundere, Watari is the guy who's just... there, oblivious to the fact that his "girlfriend" never had feelings for him when it was so obvious. There's Kousei's aunt and niece... ehhhh... Then there's the two "rivals" and I just couldn't get into them, especially with that stupid hair of that boy's, like what's with that? It bothered me more than it should have. This kind of sounds a little petty, but supporting characters are just as important as the main characters are. They may not be the plot/story's main focus, but they do help it along while still being their own strong character. And unfortunately, Shigatsu didn't seem to want to have its supporting characters grow, it was more-or-less forced to.

I am not denying the show appealed to a lot of people, however, the characters just fell flat for me by the end. I warmed back up to Kaori with the final episode here with her posthumous letter, but not with Kousei. He's still a bland character in the end who can play his piano like he used to in the past. That's all he has to offer me. Really, at the end of the day, all I took out of the anime was that the animation and art is beautiful, one of the most beautiful I've seen in a long time, it's just that the story it's telling is a bit... thin due to characters I couldn't attach to complete with clichés that are present in other works with very little differences between them--even though CLANNAD is the exact same way yet I love that anime to death. Though it makes me wonder if I would've felt the exact same way had I not yet watched CLANNAD prior to Shigatsu... unless it was because of CLANAND that I started paying more attention to the characters in everything...

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Aldnoah.Zero - 22
Durarara!! x2 - 10
Hajime no Ippo THE FIGHTING - 42
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Egypt Arc - 11

Koufuku Graffiti - 8
The Rolling Girls - 10

I totes plan to watch Parasyte and Shigatsu later. No time with my work schedule... :\

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
absolute duo 8 /?
aldnoah zero s2 16/?
amagi brilliant park 12/13
ansatsu kyoushitsu 3/22
campione 12/13
chunibyo demo koi ga shitai 2/12 / chunibyo demo koi ga shitai ren
daitoshokan no hitsujikai 11/12
denki gai no honya san 8/?
fate stay night unlimited blade works 7/12, 13-24 (april 2015)
fate stay night 11/24 - rewatches ( on standby)
grisaia no kajitsu 12/13
gundam build fighters try 11/?
idolmaster cinderella girls 1/?
isuca 9/10
jojo's bizarre adventure 2012 1/25
kaitou joker 3/?
kiseijuu 7/?
kokoro connect 16/17
koufuku graffiti 10/?
magic kaito 1412 1/24
mayo chiki 1/13
ore twintails ni narimasu 5/?
outbreak company 1/12
pocket monsters diamond/ pearl 4/191 (yes still a long way to go)
pokemon xy 1-50, 54
rolling girls 3/?
saenai heroine no sodatekata 10/11-12
seiken tsukai no world break 6/?
shigatsu wa kimi no uso 8/22
shirobako 8/?
shirogane no ishi argevollen 22/24
sword art online s2 20/24
trinity seven 11/12
urusei yatsura 81/195
yuri kuma arashi 10/12

let the final showdown begin - shimazu vs asahina clan

nel3

Crimson Dragon
recently tokyo ghoul season 2 ep1-5

it wasnt on the usual place so i totally forgot tosee the series until recently. i had plans to see season 2 anyway.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Sailor Moon Crystal (18/26)
Hetalia: The Beautiful World (19/??)
Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Bladeworks (12/?? + Prologue)
Pokemon XY (64/??)
Akatsuki no Yona (23/24)
Gintama (87/265)
Shounen Onmyouji (10/26)
Cowboy Bebop (21/26)
Death Parade (11/12)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (1/26)
Blood Blockade Battlefront (0/??)
Slayers (0/78)
C-Control (2/11)
The Count of Monte Cristo: Gankutsuou (2/24)
Noragami (2/12)
Gun x Sword (7/26)
Danganronpa (2/13)
K Project Season Two (0/??)
Aldnoah Zero (23/24)
Samurai Flamenco (2/22)

Nodame

Misty <3
Nodame Cantabile Paris Hen 2/11 Gyabo!
Baccano! 1/13
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch 10/25
Mirai Nikki 4/26
Neon Genesis Evangelion 3/26
One Piece 300/+
Psycho-Pass 2/22

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Gintama: 171/201
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Egypt Arc: 11/?
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: 5/110

Now THAT was some intense gambling.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Aldnoah.Zero - 23
Durarara!! x2 - 11
Hajime no Ippo THE FIGHTING - 53

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Egypt Arc - 11
Koufuku Graffiti - 8
SEX and VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED - COMPLETE
The Rolling Girls - 11

Anyone else see TRIGGER's entry in the Animator's Exhibition? It... actually wasn't well animated. Most of the time. It's just classic Imaishi style down to the dumb faces and dumber humor. If you liked Dead Leaves check it out. Also there's a fantastic Gurren Lagann reference which I loved.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season - 11/12
Death Parade - 11/12
Kiss x Sis - 10/12
Monogatari Series: Second Season - 14/26
R-15 - 5/12

The rest of this season is gonna end next week, leaving me with nothing else to look forward to in all of these awesome airing anime. Sadly, very few anime next season catch my eye, so much of those next couple months will be checking out and watching previously aired anime for me. In addition to finishing the rest of the Monogatari series, I already plan to watch Magi, Mayo Chiki, and Saekano. Maaaaybe R-15 if I actually want to finish that (probably wont happen). Oh, and maybe Jojo. I haven't decided yet. Judging that other people here love it, it seems like it wouldn't hurt to check out.

Speaking of Monogatari, Araragi kissed the two best girls in the same episode! AHHHHH! 10/10 best anime ever!

Last edited:

Shadow XD001

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!: 11/12
Durarara!!x2 Shou: 11/12

Dragon Ball: 57/153
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: 35/-
Parasyte: 23/24

Some of the shows I'm watching will be ending this week. Aw.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
tokyo ghoul season 2 ep10, finally caught up to the series.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season - 11/12
Death Parade - 11/12
Kiss x Sis - 10/12
Mayo Chiki! - 13/13 Completed
Monogatari Series: Second Season - 17/26
R-15 - 6/12

I kinda marathoned Mayo Chiki late last night. Woops. I loved it though. It was like a combination of OniAi, Haganai, and Ladies vs. Butlers. Naturally it'd be really good in my eyes. I hope there will be a second season someday.

Are you serious, Monogatari?! Oh my god, how mean can you be to me? You really made Hachikuji pass on? She didn't have plot armor?! And that sad kiss! I'm hurt! I really wasn't expecting that to happen, so I feel pretty cruddy right now. I hope nothing of the sort happens to any other characters, but dang I wasn't emotionally ready for that episode.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
has anyone here seen or tried world trigger? i tried the first 3 episodes but gave up after that. that guy cant seem to have much strength to begin with. i cant stand his extreme helplessness, he seems too underpowered to step up to the plate. he has the drive but not the power to accomplish it. plus the slapstick comedy mixed in doesnt work well.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm gonna play "catch-up" here, doing it one anime at a time. Just caught up to Koufuku Graffiti, which I'm just getting tired of, so I'm glad it's ending here soon. Sad Maria the Virgin Witch is coming to an end, but it promises a cute ending, so I'm looking forward to it. A dub also recently came out, but I haven't watched it, not sure if I will.

Ace of Diamond - 45/75
Astro Boy (2003) - 6/50
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! - 9/12
Black Bullet - 2/13
Black Butler - 10/24
Bleach - 125/366
Death Parade - 11/12
Dragon Ball - 56/153
Isuca - 6/10
Koufuku Graffiti - 11/12
Maria the Virgin Witch - 11/12
Mighty Orbots - 5/13
Military! - 11/12
Parasyte - 23/24
Ranma ½ - 18/161
Rolling☆Girls - 1/12
Speed Racer - 11/52
Tweeny Witches - 4/40
Wedding Peach - 7/51
Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road - 21/24

Vinosea

Stealth as a Ninja
has anyone here seen or tried world trigger? i tried the first 3 episodes but gave up after that. that guy cant seem to have much strength to begin with. i cant stand his extreme helplessness, he seems too underpowered to step up to the plate. he has the drive but not the power to accomplish it. plus the slapstick comedy mixed in doesnt work well.

I like World Trigger. The fighting styles are quite interesting. As far as Osamu goes, he hasn't gotten much stronger, but you can see that he is making progress. Plus the show's story is quite good. I'd recommend sticking it out. Although, I don't think Toei is interested in rushing this series given that it's slated to be 52 episodes long. So unless you can stick it out I don't think there's much point in trying to catch up on twenty episodes. If you are, though, I don't think you'll regret it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ace of Diamond - 45/75
Astro Boy (2003) - 6/50
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! - 11/12
Black Bullet - 2/13
Black Butler - 10/24
Bleach - 125/366
Death Parade - 11/12
Dragon Ball - 56/153
Isuca - 6/10
Koufuku Graffiti - 11/12
Maria the Virgin Witch - 11/12
Mighty Orbots - 5/13
Military! - 11/12
Parasyte - 23/24
Ranma ½ - 18/161
Rolling☆Girls - 1/12
Speed Racer - 11/52
Tweeny Witches - 4/40
Wedding Peach - 7/51
Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road - 23/24

My magical boy anime's ending tomorrow =(. But I'm glad I caught up.