• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Currently watching Pormised Neverland. Started out very good, but has really picked up in the last 2 episodes and is edging into great territory. I’m excited to see how this season wraps up.

Also recently finally watched the Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie trilogy and I was absolutely blown away! PMMM is now in my top 5 anime of all time. To any magical girl fans out there (like @Pokegirl Fan~, @xEryChan and @Victorian Rush), I would give PMMM my highest recommendation since this show is especially impactful for those very familair with the magical girl genre.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Finished Sword Art Online : Alicization. A little annoyed that it's not airing until October. Was enjoying the series a lot.

Finished Captain Tsubasa (2018). Now, I'm super annoyed with this ending because we need a modern adaptation of the series. This brings me back to when I was a kid and Road to 2002 just ended at a point where there's more things to cover. I hope we get a third season. The closing credits just pissed me off because they literally showed what's to come.

Started OnePunch Man again and should be done tonight in preparation for Season 2 tomorrow/today. Skeptical with the trailers so far in terms of animation.

Still on track with The Rising of the Shield Hero and That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I finally completed my Legend of the Galactic Heroes rewatch watching everything in chronological order this time starting from the prequel series. Despite noticing some notable flaws here and there, it's still the greatest anime I have ever watched.

For this season I have started Kimetsu no Yaiba (amazing direction and animation for the first episode as expected from Ufotable and I cannot wait for more) and Fruits Basket(2019) (great start and the main character is probably going to be my favourite girl of the season). I'm also waiting for One Punch Man Season 2 (I'm already expecting a below-average adaptation of the manga with awful animation judging from the previews) and Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 (this one is going to be great).

Still following Fairy Tail: The Final Series, Jojo Bizarre's Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind, One Piece, Pokemon Sun and Moon and Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari and I'm planning to catch up with Dororo since I keep hearing good things about that one.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Lol it's been a while, but up-to-date:

Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Assassination Classroom 2nd Season - 1/25
Astro Boy (2003) - 10/50
Black Jack - 7/61
Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 6/12
Comic Party - 6/13
D.N.Angel - 2/26
Darling in the FranXX - 7/24
Days - 1/24
Digimon Universe - 8/52
Digimon Xros Wars - 14/30
Dragon Ball Super - 55/131
Gosick - 16/24
Gun x Sword - 4/26
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens - 1/12
Hamtaro - 18/296
Hatenkou Yuugi - 2/10
Initial D Fourth Stage - 8/24
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 13/39
Kodocha - 52/102
Koneko no Chi: Ponponra Dairyokou - 2/25
Little Witch Academia - 10/25
Log Horizon - 2/25
Maicching Machiko-sensei - 5/95
Ninja Hattori-kun (2012) - 22/52
Mobile Police Patlabor: On Television - 6/47
Ninja Hattori-kin (2012) - 12/52
Nobunagun - 3/13
One Piece - 870/?
Planet With - 3/12
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - 17/191
Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2/?
Princess Principal - 1/12
Puchi Pri*Yucie - 2/26
Ranma ½ - 122/161
Revolutionary Girl Utena - 13/39
Saint Seiya - 17/114
Satsuriku no Tenshi - 6/12
Speed Racer - 30/52
Stop!! Hibari-kun! - 4/35
Super Dimension Century Orguss - 6/35
Tekkaman Blade - 7/49
Tiger Mask - 10/105
Transformers - 36/98
Zombieland Saga - 4/12

Also random question out of curiosity: Is anyone interested in watching the original Tiger Mask, the one from 1969? I got a buddy who's been subbing the Italian dub lately because he was excited to know someone was interested in watching his favorite series, but it's sadly unavailable online. He's given me his blessing to send links to anyone who's interested. The show's actually pretty good, and it really is a shame it's not more commonly known. We had Tiger Mask W a few years ago, but that wasn't enough to garner interest in an English sub of the original series, apparently.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, PM me, and I'll be happy to send them.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Since the last time I was here, I finished Steins;Gate and I really loved it. I also watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica and I absolutely loved that series, strongly recommend it to any fans of magical girls.

I started Yona of the Dawn and I did like it but found myself losing interest in it so I put it on hold and started MHA season 2 instead.

So, now I am watching just two series and they are Attack on Titan season 3, part 2 and season 2 of My Hero Academia. After I finish season 2 of MHA, I’m jumping right into season 3 so I can be caught up when season 4 starts. Then I’m gonna start Hunter x Hunter.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I just finished FMA Brotherhood and Puello Magi Madoka Magica and I've started the original FMA series a couple of days ago (watched 1 episode so far). I also plan to watch Sailor Stars once the English dub is released. I also recommend Puello Magi Madoka Magica to anyone that likes magical girl anime. It's among my favorite along with Sailor Stars and Sailor Moon season 1.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
I have watched Pokemon but need to catch up on it in subbed. Like I have watched till 108 (subbed) but I am probably gonna watch 108 again . I watched 115 subbed too. Point is I have some episodes to watch in subbed to catch up cuz I watched some raw. Way too behind on dub.

I have finished Attack on Titan till Season 3 Part 1 and watched the 1st and 2nd episode of Season 3 Part 2. Didn't watch 13.5 though since, it was basically a recap. I have to watch ep 3 when subbed version comes. Great series, honestly. If only I hadn't been spoiled on some things :( . 9.5/10

One Punch Man is great. 1st season was awesome. Animation too. But Season 2 doesn't have that great animation and doesn't look good compared to season1 but still good. At the moment, 5 episodes of S2 have aired which are good.

Death Note was amazing!!! Finished it too. Didn't watch the relight thingy. 9.5/10

I completed My Hero Academia too. 8.5/10 I have to watch the movie, though. Still, haven't watched it.

Mob Psycho 100 was awesome! Completed both seasons. Animation is great! 9.5/10

The Promised Neverland is great! Nearly cried on first ep for some reason but whatever. 9.5/10

Finished Full Metal Alchemist recently. I found the start weird and kinda lost interest too for a while, later. But it got great. So, that was good. 8/10

Watched Beyblade when I was 7, 8 or 9, idk. Don't want to watch that fully. Watched first episode of Konosuba but didn't continue.

Want to watch a lot of other anime. Currently, watching Hunter X Hunter.

I will probably watch either Naruto or The Seven Deadly Sins after it but idk. I really want to watch Naruto but it has too many episodes, honestly. And I think Boruto, its sequel, is airing now too. So, that will be a lot of episodes.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I have watched Pokemon but need to catch up on it in subbed. Like I have watched till 108 (subbed) but I am probably gonna watch 108 again . I watched 115 subbed too. Point is I have some episodes to watch in subbed to catch up cuz I watched some raw. Way too behind on dub.

I have finished Attack on Titan till Season 3 Part 1 and watched the 1st and 2nd episode of Season 3 Part 2. Didn't watch 13.5 though since, it was basically a recap. I have to watch ep 3 when subbed version comes. Great series, honestly. If only I hadn't been spoiled on some things :( . 9.5/10

One Punch Man is great. 1st season was awesome. Animation too. But Season 2 doesn't have that great animation and doesn't look good compared to season1 but still good. At the moment, 5 episodes of S2 have aired which are good.

Death Note was amazing!!! Finished it too. Didn't watch the relight thingy. 9.5/10

I completed My Hero Academia too. 8.5/10 I have to watch the movie, though. Still, haven't watched it.

Mob Psycho 100 was awesome! Completed both seasons. Animation is great! 9.5/10

The Promised Neverland is great! Nearly cried on first ep for some reason but whatever. 9.5/10

Finished Full Metal Alchemist recently. I found the start weird and kinda lost interest too for a while, later. But it got great. So, that was good. 8/10

Watched Beyblade when I was 7, 8 or 9, idk. Don't want to watch that fully. Watched first episode of Konosuba but didn't continue.

Want to watch a lot of other anime. Currently, watching Hunter X Hunter.

I will probably watch either Naruto or The Seven Deadly Sins after it but idk. I really want to watch Naruto but it has too many episodes, honestly. And I think Boruto, its sequel, is airing now too. So, that will be a lot of episodes.
Lots of Naruto is filler, so that right there will cut down significantly the number of episodes you have to watch. And for the Pain arc, you should probably read it rather than watch, because that did not get good animation.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
Lots of Naruto is filler, so that right there will cut down significantly the number of episodes you have to watch. And for the Pain arc, you should probably read it rather than watch, because that did not get good animation.
I am also planning to watch Fire Force when it releases. What about you?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well it's been a while since I've started, but I'm currently on Hunter x Hunter (85 episodes), and it's been great. I'm currently on the Chimera Ant arc which is widely regarded as the best arc. Beyond that of course, I've been keeping up with the new season of Attack on Titan. Yesterday's episode was amazing. Oh and since I'm a big fan of Konosuba, I've been watching Isekai Quartet for fun. Pretty fun so far.

Prior to starting HxH, I finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica, which was an amazing experience. A great deconstruction of the genre and genuinely heartbreaking. I immediately watched the continuation movie Rebellion after that to get a full closure.

I have plans to watch and finish Psycho Pass, Of Spice and Wolf and Bakemonogatari.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I am also planning to watch Fire Force when it releases. What about you?
Eh, Fire Force is OK. I've read the manga. Nothing special, though. Also, if you've read or watched Soul Eater, a lot of people are gonna look familiar.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
I don't like to skip episodes unless its a recap which I skip most of or completely.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Okay, so I’m all caught up on My Hero Academia and I throughly enjoyed both seasons, 2 more than 3 but 3 was awesome as well and easily had one of my favorite moments in the series.

So, as per the recommendations from some other members on here *cough* @Akkipeddi and @Genaller *cough* now I am currently watching Hunter x Hunter (2011) and I’m really liking it. I’ve only seen the first five episodes but I am loving this series so far and cannot wait to see what is in store.

Aside from HxH, I am also watching Attack on Titan Season 3, Part 2 and when MHA comes back in October, I’ll be watching that as well.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well, it's now time for a update here since I've indeed watched a lot of anime in between since last time.

So last time when I gave an update here, I was watching Sailor Moon Season 1 and Hunter x Hunter (2011), alternating between both of them. By the time I was 50 episodes into Hunter x Hunter (2011), I had finished Sailor Moon Season 1, which was pretty decent but not too remarkable.

After that, I started Avatar: The Last Airbender while continuing to watch Hunter x Hunter (2011) and alternated between both of them (I know that mentioning Avatar is a bit off-topic here since it's technically not an anime, but I'm mentioning it alongside several other anime I watched, so I guess it's alright). By the time I was 108 episodes into Hunter x Hunter (2011), I had finished watching Avatar. The show was great overall and I really loved it, it's definitely the best Western Cartoon I've ever watched.

After that I started watching Mob Psycho 100, (which was recommended to me by @Darthlord7 ) and continued watching Hunter x Hunter (2011) alongside as usual, alternating between them. While I was sceptical of the show at first due to its awkward artstyle, it literally got amazing as it progressed, and especially the second season of it was something else; it became one of my Top 10 favourite anime. By the time I was finished with Mob Psycho 100, I was 138 episodes into Hunter x Hunter (2011), only 10 episodes away from finishing it.

After that I watched the remaining 10 episodes of Hunter x Hunter (2011) and finished it. Overall this show was a really amazing experience for me, it's just a gem of a shounen anime with some really great villains and some really well-paced and well spaced out arcs which develops and trains the MC's really well. The show was so good that I never really felt bored for even a moment despite its 148 episode length, it became one of my Top 3 favourite anime.

After that, I started both Assassination Classroom and Sailor Moon R (the latter upon @Pokegirl Fan~ 's recommendation) and alternated between both of them. After some time, I decided to put Sailor Moon R on hold temporarily and started Puella Magi Madoka Magica in place of it (since several of my friends around here recommended it to me) and started alternating it with Assassination Classroom.

Assassination Classroom was the one amongst them which I finished earlier, and it was a really amazing experience. I loved Koro-Sensei's character and the ending literally left me so much emotional that I found myself shedding tears. It became one of my Top 10 favourite anime.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica was the one I finished next, and while I didn't quite like the show at first due to various reasons, the last few episodes were actually quite good and had a ton of emotional appeal. It won't place in my favourites overall, but it was a pretty good show regardless.

Now, I plan to resume watching Sailor Moon R next, plus alongside that, I plan to start Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as well and alternate between both of them.

And alongside all this I have been following the currently airing seasons One Punch Man Season 2 and Attack On Titan Season 3 Part 2 weekly with every upcoming episodes as well. :)

Last edited:

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I’ve been bad. I’ve neglected this.

So, I watched quite bit of anime. After finishing Code Geass, I watched Konosuba and I have since finished that. It’s absolutely hilarious and I loved every minute of it.

I watched Steins;Gate, which I loved. Definitely gives you sc-fi esque vibe. I’d be lying if I said the first half of the show doesn’t drag on, it does but it really picks up in the second half. I strongly recommend it.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is another one I thoroughly enjoyed. It explored the magical girls theme but it’s very dark but overall, it’s excellent.

I did start watching Yona of the Dawn but I kind of got bored with it so I put it on hold to watch My Hero Academia instead and I’ll resume it again at some point.

The ones I’m watching now are Attack on Titan (season 2, part 2), My Hero Academia (season three, episode 11), and Hunter x Hunter (episode 12). I actually paused MHA season 3 to start HxH but as soon as the exams arc is over, I’m going to resume and finish MHA.

I have plans to watch Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann after Hunter x Hunter so we’ll see how that goes.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Right now I'm watching:
Pokémon Sun and Moon (Since november-ish I've been feeling an improvement, and this year there's only been 2 episodes I haven't liked, concernedd about how they'll handle some things though)
One Punch Man s2 (The animation could be better, but the writing is still completely on point)
Mob Psycho 100 s2 (Loved s1 and I'm already liking s2, I'm interested to see how things will play out from now on, I just finished ep 4)
eagerly waiting for MHA s4 (I already know something that can be considered series-breaking, but might as well enjoy it until then and then see how things are handled)
(reading) Dragon Ball Super (The Moro arc is pretty interesting right now, but I still have some concerns)
Pokémon Adventures (BW2 and SM, I hope BW2 can get a satisfying conclusion worth the wait, but SM has been the weakest of the main arcs so far IMO)