• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Currently, I am watching Hunter x Hunter (2011). It is massive, has over 148 episodes and I am 75 episodes in and I am loving it so far. I am only watching this one though.

After HxH, I’m planning on watching Neon Genesis Evangelion as I finish Yona of the Dawn (15 eps in) and then after that, I am planning to watch Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann, Yu Yu Hakusho (which was recommended to me a while ago like years and I need to watch that), and maybe Monster. I’m unsure right now.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Started watching Hunter X Hunter, really like it so far, after finishing up Digimon Adventure Tri.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I haven't been binge watching anything for about 2 months due to me being unable to find anything Interesting.

And I'm only watching 3 anime right as episodes are released . It's really disappointing that this year's spring only 2 anime worth watching when last year's had 13. The two that I'm watching are Kono Oto Tomare & Fruits Basket (2019) Both great shows i highly recommed both of them.
Asided from seasonals I'm also watching Boruto.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I haven't been binge watching anything for about 2 months due to me being unable to find anything Interesting.

And I'm only watching 3 anime right as episodes are released . It's really disappointing that this year's spring only 2 anime worth watching when last year's had 13. The two that I'm watching are Kono Oto Tomare & Fruits Basket (2019) Both great shows i highly recommed both of them.
Asided from seasonals I'm also watching Boruto.
What kind of shows do you prefer? I'll recommend Monster to as many people as possible.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I like most genres and have no special preference. I didn't like Monster though.
Perhaps Assassination Classroom or Azumanga Dai-oh are more your style.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well almost a month since I last posted, I finished Hunter x Hunter 2011. I loved it so much that it instantly jumped to the 2nd spot in my favorite anime. The whole anime was great, but Yorknew and Chimera Ant in particular were some of the finest arcs I've watched yet. Currently I'm watching HxH once more, but in a group this time with friends who haven't watched HxH yet.

Beyond that, as mentioned, I finished Bakemonogatari and Psycho Pass season 1. Bakemonogatari was a slightly weird, but otherwise great anime with one of my newest favourite female characters in Senjougahara Hitagi. Psycho Pass was a great watch too. Akane Tsunemori and Shogo Makishima were the main highlights of the anime. I've heard a lot of negative stuff about season 2, so I'm not really planning to watch it.

Currently, I'm continuing with Spice & Wolf, Cowboy Bebop, and moving ahead in the Monogatari Series by watching Kizumonogatari 1.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Assassination Classroom 2nd Season - 1/25
Astro Boy (2003) - 10/50
Black Jack - 7/61
Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 6/12
Comic Party - 6/13
D.N.Angel - 2/26
Darling in the FranXX - 7/24
Days - 1/24
Digimon Universe - 8/52
Digimon Xros Wars - 14/30
Dragon Ball Super - 55/131
Gosick - 16/24
Gun x Sword - 4/26
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens - 1/12
Hamtaro - 18/296
Hatenkou Yuugi - 2/10
Initial D Fourth Stage - 8/24
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 13/39
Kodocha - 52/102
Koneko no Chi: Ponponra Dairyokou - 2/25
Little Witch Academia - 10/25
Log Horizon - 2/25
Maicching Machiko-sensei - 5/95
Maison Ikkoku - 2/96
Mobile Police Patlabor: On Television - 6/47
Ninja Hattori-kun (2012) - 25/52
Nobunagun - 3/13
One Piece - 870/?
Planet With - 3/12
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - 17/191
Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2/?
Princess Principal - 1/12
Puchi Pri*Yucie - 2/26
Ranma ½ - 161/161 - COMPLETE
Revolutionary Girl Utena - 13/39
Saint Seiya - 17/114
Satsuriku no Tenshi - 6/12
Speed Racer - 30/52
Stop!! Hibari-kun! - 4/35
Super Dimension Century Orguss - 6/35
Tekkaman Blade - 7/49
Tiger Mask - 26/105
Transformers - 36/98
Zombieland Saga - 4/12

So is anyone else here watching the Netflix dub of Evangelion? Because yikes.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Well, I watched Steins;Gate as it had been recommended to me by so many people *cough* @Akkipeddi and @Genaller *cough* and neeedless to say, I loved it. Very good anime and I could not recommend it.

Currently, after seeing all the hype for this series and how many people are watching this series, I decided to check it out myself. I am now watching Hunter x Hunter (2011). It is quite long, at 148 episodes and I just finished the second arc, which is the Heaven’s Arena arc but so far, I really like this series.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Guess it's time for me to give an update here since I've actually watched a ton of anime in between:

Last time I gave an update here, I was watching Sailor Moon R and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, alternating between both of them. I continued watching both of them alternatively afterwards and finished Gurren Lagann first. And to put in a simple way, Gurren Lagann was amazing experience for me, it was an absolute ride. I loved the overall story, plot, the characters and how the plot kicked in at a stunning rate after a certain point in the show, leading to an amazing and memorable climax, plus the mecha fights were just freaking epic in terms of animation, they were just phenomenal. The show quickly became one of my favourite anime.

After that, I started another anime named Noragami and started alternating it with Sailor Moon R. I picked up Noragami faster and finished it quickly, and I loved that show a lot. The show deals within the realms of the spiritual world of gods, spirits and phantoms, it has a very unique concept/premise but still very enjoyable and enthralling to watch. It barely just missed out on being on my Top 10 Anime List.

After that I finally picked up Salior Moon R and finished it. It was pretty OK and on par with its prequel (the 1st season of Sailor Moon), but not enough to become one of my favourites.

After that I decided to re-watch the 1st series of Dragon Ball, a show I watched last in my school days, in order to refresh my memories on the show as a whole. It's a pretty long series of 153 episodes in total, so I decided to alternate it with some other anime while I re-watch it.

So I then started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and alternated it with Dragon Ball. By the time I finished watching Evangelion and its sequel movie, I was 25 episodes into re-watching Dragon Ball. And I have to say that given how highly Evangelion as a show is usually acclaimed, I didn't really enjoy all that much honestly. Way too much dwelling on the psychological aspects/mental and emotional trauma the characters have to go through rather than what the characters actually do and what actually happens, plus the plot also moves on pretty slowly as a whole. The show was OK, but overall, not really my cup of tea.

After that I decided to watch the Fate series, starting with Fate/Zero and alternated it with Dragon Ball. I picked up and finished Fate/Zero pretty quickly and it was overall a marvellous experience as a whole as I really loved the show. The overall plot and story had a lot of depth and substance, each and every prominent character were fleshed out so well, plus the fight scenes in that show are just epicly animated to be precise. After that I moved on to its sequel Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2014) and finished it off rapidly as I got really hooked into that sequel series. That was amazing as well and I found it pretty much as great as its prequel Fate/Zero. By the time I was done with the Fate series, I was 31 episodes into re-watching Dragon Ball.

I've also been following the currently airing seasons of One Punch Man Season 2 and Attack On Titan Season 3 Part 2 weekly with every upcoming episode.

I plan to continue re-watching Dragon Ball (1st series) and alternate it with some other anime series as well while I re-watch it. Next I plan to watch the highly acclaimed anime movie Your Name (recommended to me by @Dream Lad ), followed by shows like The Promised Neverland, Sailor Moon S (recommended to me by @Pokegirl Fan~ ), Haikyuu! (recommended to me by @wolf jani ), Jojo's Bizzare Adventure etc.

Last edited:

Dream Lad

Banned
After that I decided to watch the Fate series, starting with Fate/Zero and alternate d it Dragon Ball. I picked up and finished Fate/Zero pretty quickly and it was overall a marvellous experience as a whole as I really loved the show. The overall plot and story had a lot of depth and substance, each and every prominent character were fleshed out so well, plus the fight scenes in that show are just epicly animated to be precise. After that it moved on to its sequel Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2014) and finished it off rapidly as I got really hooked into that sequel series. That was amazing as well and I fould it pretty much as great as its prequel Fate/Zero. By the time I was done with the Fate series, I was 31 episodes into re-watching Dragon Ball.

Since you are a fan of Saber, and since you've seen the second route UBW, I recommend checking out the following episodes from DEEN's 2006 Fate/Stay Night:

* Episode 4
* Episode 8
* Episode 9
* Episode 11-16 (Episode 14 is BS but can't be helped)
* Episode 20-24

Watch these and you'll get a taste of what the first route, Fate (Saber's route), was about.

Also don't forget that Ufotable also animated 2 out of 3 movies of the third route in Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel. They are titled Presage Flower and Lost Butterfly. It has god-tier animation and Kaijura from F/Z is back doing the soundtrack. The third film is coming out sometime next year though, so you'll have to wait a bit before the final chapter.

If you still are craving more for these specific characters, there are two comedy spin-offs/parodies called Today's Menu for the Emiya Family and Carnival Phantasm that are pretty wholesome SOL. I have only seen bits and pieces of them, but from what I saw, they're pretty relaxing.

Of course there are a bunch of other Fate works made by other studios; these take place in alternate/different universes and have some different characters, but I haven't seen any of them, and I don't think any of them got the praise as the parent works.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Something has changed since my last post here. I’m still watching Hunter x Hunter (2011) [103 episodes in] but I have finished watching Yona of the Dawn. It’s not your typical kingdom anime where the Princess has to overthrow the tyrant king, there is a lot more to the story. My only complaint is how it ended. There was no actual ending. I know the manga is still on going so that’s why there is no clean ending. But I liked it.

After giving it some thought, I have decided to watch Fate/Zero alongside Hunter x Hunter. I’ve only seen the first two episodes so I’m not very far in but I honestly really like it so far.

I really want to finish Hunter x Hunter before July 14th since I am leaving to go on a cruise. After I finish HxH and F/Z, I’m planning on starting Neon Genesis Evangelion after. I do plan on start another series in while watching NGE and I’m leaning towards Yu Yu Hakusho, that is if I have finished F/Z.

I have also been following Attack on Titan (season 3, Part 2) since it is currently airing new episodes every week.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Since the last update, I finished Neon Genesis Evangelion along with End of Evangelion and Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works.

NGE and EoE were both masterpieces. The way the internal conflicts of the characters was portrayed was profound and really made me think about life a lot.

Unlimited Blade Works was pretty good too. Definitely doesn't reach the high of its prequel Fate/Zero, but nevertheless, UBW was enjoyable as well. Rin Tohsaka in particular was my favourite character of the series.

I'm now currently watching Re:Zero and Jojo. I've heard mixed stuff about Re:Zero, but I just wanted to see what it's all about. As for Jojo, I guess the memetic status of the show was too much for me to ignore. I also have plans to watch the Fate Heaven's Feel movies and watch Carnival Phantasm for the humour.

R0shan

Arcaknight
I've started watching anime recently (last 2 years) (excluding Pokemon/Digimon, been watching those since I was a child) ever since I got Netflix, so I am not familiar with shows outside of it. However, I was told that a lot of the popular and high-quality shows are on there.

I'm currently watching (just started) Fate/Zero. Reading some of the messages above, it looks like it is an awesome series.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Up to episode 32 in Hunter X Hunter (1999) and it's getting really good. The episodes are really intense.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm currently watching (just started) Fate/Zero. Reading some of the messages above, it looks like it is an awesome series.

It's indeed an awesome series, that I can tell you. The overall plot and story has amazing depth and substance and the characters are fleshed out really well. The fight scenes literally have epic/God Tier animation. This show literally symbolizes what's called magnificence and epicness.

After you finish Fate/Zero, I'll recommend moving on to its sequel Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2014). It's also really amazing, to me it's just as good as Fate/Zero, if not better. It consists of arguably one of the best pairings in anime in Shirou and Rin (see my signature). ;)

R0shan

Arcaknight
It's indeed an awesome series, that I can tell you. The overall plot and story has amazing depth and substance and the characters are fleshed out really well. The fight scenes literally have epic/God Tier animation. This show literally symbolizes what's called magnificence and epicness.

After you finish Fate/Zero, I'll recommend moving on to its sequel Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2014). It's also really amazing, to me it's just as good as Fate/Zero, if not better. It consists of arguably one of the pairings in anime in Shirou and Rin(see my signature). ;)

At the rate that I'm going, I should finish Fate/Zero in the next day or two, then I will move onto Unlimited Blade Works.