1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Rave, Jun 28, 2009.

1. xEryChan

xEryChan Peace Staff Member Moderator

So, I have finished Neon Genesis Evangelion and the movie End of Evangelion and I really loved it although it caused me to have an existential crisis, which I’m still in the midst of it, it instantly made its way onto my top animes list and it will probably stay there for a while.

Now, I am currently watching Monster on the recommendation of @Genaller and that is the only anime I have started since I finished NGE but I’ve only seen the first four episodes of it. Either way, I really like it a lot so far and Johan Liebert already gives me chills, damn this dude is insane and I love it you can be sure I will be continuing with it when I have the time to watch it.

After Monster, I have plans to watch Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, Tengan Toppa Gurren, Lagann, and Yu Yu Hakusho. After that, I’m unsure of what I will watch

2. Miar

Miar Something witty

<-- See that? Provided I haven't changed it

The show is called "Onegai My Melody" and it's CUTE! But also a little twisted in its sense of humor

And though Toonami pushed MHA back to... I dunno, well past my bedtime, I got hooked on Fire Force day 1. It has a great dub.

3. Ashfahad123

Ashfahad123 I am a Ghoul!

Ok, time for a big update.

Hunter X Hunter (2011)
    So, I finished Hunter X Hunter (2011). It was amazing. I liked that each arc was something different and the fact that we didn't have all MCs onscreen all the time in each episode but split; sometimes focusing on one or two etc. It bothered me at first but now, I don't mind. I love all MCs. Gon and Killua have got to have one the best friendships out there. Kurapika is awesome and Leorio is just great! Especially during the Election arc. Villains aren't obsessed with the main character and are their own character. Nen is such a well-thought out and an amazing concept. Would totally recommend (10/10).
    Also, I skipped most of the recap episode and I haven't watched the movie.

The Seven Deadly Sins
    It could have been a lot better, honestly. All the stupid fanservice was just annoying. The animation was good..... till the first season. The second season had like only one good fight. I like Ban, Gowther and definitely Escanor. Escanor is the best character in this anime. Meliodas is okay .... sometimes. The rest of the seven deadly sins is just eh. I also like Elaine. The backstory of Elaine and Ban was also good. The plot was okay. The first season is the best of all the seasons yet. Signs of Holy War is bit of a dramatic and mostly misleading title. Revival of the Ten Commandments is the worst season out of all. The plot wasn't so good and compared to Meliodas, all of the others except Escanor (or. maybe I just like Escanor, lol) were overshadowed by his OPness. I found Diane to be useless and she didn't even regain her memories back. I wonder if they will do that S3. The S3 opening was a LIE!!! Lol, but still, all of them should have fought. Oh well, there is always season 3. But, I am not really hyped for that. (6/10)
    Watched the movie, too. (7/10)

Naruto
    I am currently on the 6th season ( Netflix has it divided into 9 seasons). I am liking it so far. A few fights bothered me a bit due to getting elongated. I like alot of the characters. The ending of the last ep of "Bikochu Arc"(Mostly all of it probably counts as filler, I feel) was just super annoying.
    Watched the first movie, it was okay.

Kaguya-sama: Love Is War

I took a break from Naruto and watched this. This was hilarious!!! I loved it! I woudn't call it the Death Note of romance but it is still entertaining, nevertheless. I enjoyed it. Chika is adorable and Ishigami is hilarious. I was hoping they would be together by the end, but I assume there is going to be another season. Would recommend (10/10).

Attack On Titan S3 Part 2
    I had been watching this before when it was airing weekly. I finished it quite a while back. This is a masterpiece. The basement reveal is crazy and sad. Levi vs Beast Titan was hella awesome. He deserved it, every bit of it. Also, you can see the character development of Eren. Just compare him to the first season, you can see how much he has grown. Would recommend (10/10).

One Punch Man S2
    I had been watching this,too before when it was airing weekly. I finished this one quite a while back too. It was mostly the same OPM in terms of comedy. But the quality of animation has dropped. So, it was less enjoyable. I liked that it focued on other characters too. KIng is agreat character. I also liked Garou. (7/10)

Fire Force
    I am also watching Fire Force which airs weekly. I like it so far. The animation is great. But, there also awkward pauses for some reason.

Demon Slayer
    I am also watching Demon Slayer, which airs weekly. It is amazing. Ufotable has done a great job in it's animation (Last 5 mins of Ep 19 were breathtaking. I think the author even tweeted that she had cried watching that episode and praised it.) The trio of Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke is one best trios I have seen. Also, the bond between Tanjiro and Nezuko is really strong and great.

Pokemon
    I fell behind a couple of episodes (subbed). I gave up on completing the dub.

Tokyo Ghoul
    I started reading the manga. Due to many breaks I took , it sort of made it less enjoyable, especially due to the fact I forgot some of the characters. But apart from that, it was great. Currently, I am on like 80 somethinng chapter, I think.

I also watched the first episode of Steins;Gate and it is a bit confusing but I will probably watch it whole later, anyways.

Also,
    Thank you for reading!

wolf jani and 345ash-greninja like this.
  4. Mizz Nikki

Mizz Nikki Black Diamond

Since the last time I was here, I finished quite a few new series.

Hunter x Hunter (2011): I finished this series a long time ago and I absolutely loved every minute of it. It is definitely the best shounen anime I have seen, yet. The Chimera Ant arc was incredible and has some of the best writing I have seen in an anime yet. I loved the friendship Gon and Killua shared, they were like inseparable. Kurapika is so awesome and badass, love him. I also loved my goofball, Leorio as well. Everything about this series is great and I would totally recommend to it anyone. It is great. (10/10)

Steins;Gate: I finished this before I had even started Hunter x Hunter and it was amazing. Definitely has more of science fiction type vibe and I loved it. Kurisu was my favorite character by a long shot but I also really loved Okabe as well. Not gonna lie, the first half of the show dragged on but the second half totally made up for it. I loved this series and I would totally recommend it to anyone who has not seen it. (9/10)

Neon Genesis Evangelion: This series is definitely not for the faint of heart, it will most likely cause anyone to have an existential crisis (it caused me to have one and I’m still in the midst of it) I really did enjoy it though and I would definitely recommend it. (9.5/10)

Yona of the Dawn: This one was alright, definitely is not my favorite and the ending left a sour taste in my mouth, not gonna lie. It was really slow at times and it dragged on because of that but over all, I did like it. I really did enjoy seeing Yona’s character and I especially enjoyed seeing her growth throughout the series. I would recommend it. (7/10)

Attack on Titan (season 3, part 2): Meh, I’m not really the biggest Attack on Titan fan. I have been watching it from the very first season and while I think it is a good show, I just find that there are several things about it that just lack for me. The story itself is alight but the characters, especially the main trio, just really hurt it for me. My favorite characters are definitely Levi and Krista (Historia) though. Thus season was alright, I enjoyed Levi vs the Beast Titan and seeking Levi kickass. I enjoyed the reveal of what was in the basement. Oveall, I think Attack on Titan is a good show, just I prefer other series to it. (8/10)

That’s it for now.

5. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

Rewatched Cowboy Bebop relatively recently and the last episodes still broke my heart like the first time. What a show

Also on the last stretch of the Monogatari series and I’m expecting great things because that Second Season and Kizumonogatari were truly stellar

Ashfahad123, wolf jani and Akkipeddi like this.
  6. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

I decided to rewatch both Tenchi Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo again. I would have watched Tenchi Muyo Ryo ohki as well but some of the episodes are longer than the usual 20 minutes or so so I decided against it.

wolf jani likes this.
  7. Ashscot

Ashscot Well-Known Member

I finished watching Serial Experiments Lain. It was a little confusing, but still I enjoyed it quite a bit. It started off slow for me, but the further I got into it, the more I wanted to keep watching. I wanted answers and the concepts they were talking about intrigued me.