1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Rave, Jun 28, 2009.

1. I'm currently rewatching Gundam Wing and I'm waiting for Chihayafuru 3 to be English dubbed.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. SatoSereFan224888

SatoSereFan224888 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this one hasn’t been brought up but I’m watching Medabots on YouTube. I think it’s underrated. Doesn’t get much love these days.

Leonhart and Mr.Munchlax like this.
  3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Probably not because that series is waaay too old by now and it's only alive through its video game origin, which rarely ever leaves Japan.

And because the last season decided to write off beloved characters and replace them with edgy ones.

4. SatoSereFan224888

SatoSereFan224888 Well-Known Member

Man, Ikki was such a jerk in the early episodes.

Ubermuk likes this.
  5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

An entertaining one, though.

6. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

I've actually been thinking about Medabots lately, more specifically Mr. Referee since he was hands down one of the best characters in the show.

7. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

I keep adding shows when I haven't finished older ones lel. Anime Watching Challenges do that to me.

.hack//Sign - 4/26
    Ace of Diamond - 48/75
    Assassination Classroom 2nd Season - 1/25
    Astro Boy (2003) - 10/50
    Black Jack - 7/61
    Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 6/12
    Claymore - 4/26
    Comic Party - 9/13
    D.N.Angel - 2/26
    Darling in the FranXX - 7/24
    Days - 1/24
    Di Gi Charat Nyo - 4/104
    Digimon Universe - 8/52
    Digimon Xros Wars - 14/30
    Dragon Ball Super - 55/131
    Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden (1999) - 9/28
    Gosick - 16/24
    Gun x Sword - 4/26
    Hajimete no Gal - 3/10
    Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens - 1/12
    Hamtaro - 18/296
    Hatenkou Yuugi - 2/10
    Initial D Fourth Stage - 8/24
    Ishuzoku Reviewers - 4/12
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 13/39
    Kämpfer - 6/12
    Kodocha - 52/102
    Koneko no Chi: Ponponra Dairyokou - 2/25
    Little Witch Academia - 10/25
    Log Horizon - 2/25
    Maicching Machiko-sensei - 5/95
    Maison Ikkoku - 10/96
    Mobile Police Patlabor: On Television - 6/47
    Mushi-shi Zoku Shou - 8/10
    Nekopara - 3/12
    Ninja Hattori-kun (2012) - 25/52
    Nobunagun - 3/13
    Omishi Mahou Gekijou: Risky★Safety - 14/24
    One Piece - 915/?
    Planet With - 3/12
    Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - 17/191
    Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2/?
    Princess Principal - 1/12
    Puchi Pri*Yucie - 2/26
    Saint Seiya - 20/114
    Satsuriku no Tenshi - 6/12
    Skull Man - 4/13
    Space Brothers - 59/99
    Speed Racer - 30/52
    Stop!! Hibari-kun! - 4/35
    Super Dimension Century Orguss - 6/35
    Tekkaman Blade - 7/49
    Tiger Mask - 26/105
    Transformers - 36/98 Lol baleeted by MAL staff
    Zombieland Saga - 4/12

Ubermuk likes this.
  8. xEryChan

xEryChan The Navigatior Staff Member Moderator

i actually started watching One Piece. I know it’s really long but I am following a guide to avoid fillers and I have to say, I am really liking it so far. It’s been nothing short of a blast to watch. My favorite character, by far, is Zoro but I also really like Luffy, Nami, Sanji, and Usopp at times. I’m definitely looking forward to watching more.

Ubermuk likes this.
  9. Kutie Pie

I didn't mind the fillers (some later on are meant to ease you into movies), but the only good filler is the G-8 arc after Skypeia. It was meant to be a theatrical movie but they changed their mind, so it's a recommended arc for some good times and chess allegories.

wolf jani likes this.
  10. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

I second this. the G-8 arc is the greatest filer. @xEryChan . don't skip that one

Kutie Pie likes this.
  11. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I was actually feeling nostalgic about this series two weeks ago, so I watched about a dozen episodes of the dub, which was better than I remember it being. I've also been watching the Monster Rancher and Mon Colle Knights dub.

12. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

Started watching Eureka Seven. It wasn't until the end of the 1st episode that I realized that I had seen some of the episodes a long time ago because the characters started seeming real familiar but I don't remember the whole plot of the show. :p Also watched some Blood+.

13. Kutie Pie

Omg another update because I finished Mushi-shi Zoku Shou and have been watching Magical DoReMi. Cute show, easy watch for a Toei series. Usually the pacing sucks.

.hack//Sign - 4/26
    Ace of Diamond - 48/75
    Assassination Classroom 2nd Season - 1/25
    Astro Boy (2003) - 10/50
    Black Jack - 7/61
    Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 6/12
    Claymore - 4/26
    Comic Party - 9/13
    D.N.Angel - 2/26
    Darling in the FranXX - 7/24
    Days - 1/24
    Di Gi Charat Nyo - 4/104
    Digimon Universe - 8/52
    Digimon Xros Wars - 14/30
    Dragon Ball Super - 55/131
    Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden (1999) - 9/28
    Gosick - 16/24
    Gun x Sword - 4/26
    Hajimete no Gal - 3/10
    Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens - 1/12
    Hamtaro - 18/296
    Hatenkou Yuugi - 2/10
    Initial D Fourth Stage - 8/24
    Ishuzoku Reviewers - 4/12
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 13/39
    Kämpfer - 6/12
    Kodocha - 52/102
    Koneko no Chi: Ponponra Dairyokou - 2/25
    Little Witch Academia - 10/25
    Log Horizon - 2/25
    Magical DoReMi - 10/51
    Maicching Machiko-sensei - 5/95
    Maison Ikkoku - 10/96
    Mobile Police Patlabor: On Television - 6/47
    Mushi-shi Zoku Shou - 10/10 - COMPLETE
    Nekopara - 3/12
    Ninja Hattori-kun (2012) - 25/52
    Nobunagun - 3/13
    Omishi Mahou Gekijou: Risky★Safety - 14/24
    One Piece - 915/?
    Planet With - 3/12
    Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - 17/191
    Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2/?
    Princess Principal - 1/12
    Puchi Pri*Yucie - 2/26
    Saint Seiya - 20/114
    Satsuriku no Tenshi - 6/12
    Skull Man - 4/13
    Space Brothers - 59/99
    Speed Racer - 30/52
    Stop!! Hibari-kun! - 4/35
    Super Dimension Century Orguss - 6/35
    Tekkaman Blade - 7/49
    Tiger Mask - 26/105
    Zombieland Saga - 4/12

14. xEryChan

I finished episode 53 of One Piece and I really love this series, I’m so glad I watched it. Luffy is such a fun protagonist and I can’t wait to see where they will go with his character. My favorite however is still Zoro. The guy is a badass, no other way around it.

According the guide I’ve been following for One Piece, I skip 54-61 so I’m going to take a break from it to finish Monster. I only have 30 more episodes left of it. After, I plan on watching One Piece and watching a different short series in between arcs. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is more than likely going to be the next one and after that, I’m thinking of watching Bakemonogatari (which I watched the first episode of already) and rewatching Clannad again at some point.,

15. Kutie Pie

Man, you got into it pretty quickly lol. It took me until episode 187 to realize there was something really special about One Piece. I was enjoying it before then, but it wasn't clicking for me 'til Noland the Liar's flashback began.

In all honestly, the Skypeia arc never deserved the hate it got now that it's proven to be much more important than initially believed. I'm probably still one of the few fans that has really liked the arc all the way through lol (but I still say Thriller Bark's my all-time favorite arc).

jaden767 likes this.
  16. xEryChan

Well, I guess being quarantined thanks to this pandemic in the US while I am stuck at home and not at work has its advantages. My hours have been cutting a lot recently so I’ve had more time to watch anime.

I’ve decided to pause One Piece so I could finish Monster. The last episode I saw was episode 57 and I have to say, Monster is so good and definitely underrated. I am really loving this series so far and I really cannot wait to see how it ends. I’m hoping to have Monster finished so I can resume One Piece.

I am planning on alternating One Piece with some other shorter animes since it is rather lengthy. First anime I’ve decided to go with is going to be Vinland Saga. I’ve heard a lot of praise for this series and I’m really excited to watch it. Some other ones include Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagan, which I have put off for far too long, Magi, Cowboy Bebop, and the Monogatari series. Other animes I plan on watching when I’m all caught up on One Piece will be Haikyuu, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gintama, and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure until this whole thing with the Coronavirus (which I’m not even concerned about, mind you) is over.

17. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Gold Experience

I've been busy with college work and playing mostly video games so I haven't been able to watch too much anime. However, from the few series I've watched, I fnished Charlotte, which was an okay anime and I rate it around 6-7. I also finished School Days a couple of months back and it really lived up to its reputation of being a train wreck lol. Watched it mostly for the lol's and it was as terrible as I imagined it to be, gave it a 3/10. Coming to the main one, I finished Haikyuu seasons 1-3 and currently watching season 4. The series is super hype especially during all the important matches. Gave them 8/9/9.

Currently I'm watching March Comes in like a Lion, and I'm 10 episodes in. It's been really good so far, and it's a very character focused series.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    jaden767 likes this.
  18. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

I’m currently trying to stay posted on how you can watch the new Studio Trigger series BNA. I know it’ll be available on Netflix in Japan, but I don’t know how it’ll be distributed in the West.

Aside from that, I’m currently watching Eizouken & the dubs for Nichijou & Konosuba season 2

19. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush Everything is Bright

Since my college has ultimately decided to suspend classes until further notice, I’m getting back into watching anime. I didn’t really start anything new after finishing Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works but I am losing my mind from being stuck in my dorm room with nowhere to go so yeah.

Anyways, I started watching Monster and I’ve really been liking it so far. Johan Liebert is definitely something else and he’s a darn good villain. I’m hoping to have this finished soon so I can start a new series.

I am also involved in a group watch of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing with several of my Discord friends but I have only seen the first episode so far but I did like it.

After Monster, I am planning to watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan. After that, I’m unsure but I’ve got a list of animes that I have plans to watch that I added on to after because of current events and several of them include Cowboy Bebop, Spice and Wolf, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, Gintama, Nana, Kill La Kill, Vinland Saga, and Major. Also a rewatch of one of my favorites, FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, is also in the works at some point.

345ash-greninja and wolf jani like this.
  20. xEryChan

Quarantine has not been so bad for me, tbh.

I have finally finished Monster and wow, this series was great was great. It may not be an action packed anime but it does leaving ask tons of questions and the last few episodes were intense. I really loved Monster and I’m so glad I was able to watch it. I also stayed up to midnight to finish it when I had to get up at 6 am the next day for work.

I also finished the Alabasta arc of One Piece and I also have been really enjoying that as well. It was easily the best arc of One Piece so far and Vivi’s farewell nearly had me in tears.

Now, the plan is to resume One Piece since it is taking over my life. I’m currently in the Skypiea Arc and I plan to watch One Piece until the Enies Lobby arc ends. I listened to @Kutie Pie and @wolf jani and decided to watch the G-8 arc, even though it is a filler arc. In between arcs, I’m plan to watch other shorter animes. Vinland Saga will be the first one, followed by Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann. After that, it is still up in the air but I will figure it out.

wolf jani likes this.