• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

xEryChan

Demon Child
i actually started watching One Piece. I know it’s really long but I am following a guide to avoid fillers and I have to say, I am really liking it so far. It’s been nothing short of a blast to watch. My favorite character, by far, is Zoro but I also really like Luffy, Nami, Sanji, and Usopp at times. I’m definitely looking forward to watching more.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
i actually started watching One Piece. I know it’s really long but I am following a guide to avoid fillers

I didn't mind the fillers (some later on are meant to ease you into movies), but the only good filler is the G-8 arc after Skypeia. It was meant to be a theatrical movie but they changed their mind, so it's a recommended arc for some good times and chess allegories.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I didn't mind the fillers (some later on are meant to ease you into movies), but the only good filler is the G-8 arc after Skypeia. It was meant to be a theatrical movie but they changed their mind, so it's a recommended arc for some good times and chess allegories.
I second this. the G-8 arc is the greatest filer. @xEryChan . don't skip that one

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:
Pretty sure this one hasn’t been brought up but I’m watching Medabots on YouTube. I think it’s underrated. Doesn’t get much love these days.

I was actually feeling nostalgic about this series two weeks ago, so I watched about a dozen episodes of the dub, which was better than I remember it being. I've also been watching the Monster Rancher and Mon Colle Knights dub.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Started watching Eureka Seven. It wasn't until the end of the 1st episode that I realized that I had seen some of the episodes a long time ago because the characters started seeming real familiar but I don't remember the whole plot of the show. :p Also watched some Blood+.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Omg another update because I finished Mushi-shi Zoku Shou and have been watching Magical DoReMi. Cute show, easy watch for a Toei series. Usually the pacing sucks.

.hack//Sign - 4/26
Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Assassination Classroom 2nd Season - 1/25
Astro Boy (2003) - 10/50
Black Jack - 7/61
Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 6/12
Claymore - 4/26
Comic Party - 9/13
D.N.Angel - 2/26
Darling in the FranXX - 7/24
Days - 1/24
Di Gi Charat Nyo - 4/104
Digimon Universe - 8/52
Digimon Xros Wars - 14/30
Dragon Ball Super - 55/131
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden (1999) - 9/28
Gosick - 16/24
Gun x Sword - 4/26
Hajimete no Gal - 3/10
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens - 1/12
Hamtaro - 18/296
Hatenkou Yuugi - 2/10
Initial D Fourth Stage - 8/24
Ishuzoku Reviewers - 4/12
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 13/39
Kämpfer - 6/12
Kodocha - 52/102
Koneko no Chi: Ponponra Dairyokou - 2/25
Little Witch Academia - 10/25
Log Horizon - 2/25
Magical DoReMi - 10/51
Maicching Machiko-sensei - 5/95
Maison Ikkoku - 10/96
Mobile Police Patlabor: On Television - 6/47
Mushi-shi Zoku Shou - 10/10 - COMPLETE
Nekopara - 3/12
Ninja Hattori-kun (2012) - 25/52
Nobunagun - 3/13
Omishi Mahou Gekijou: Risky★Safety - 14/24
One Piece - 915/?
Planet With - 3/12
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - 17/191
Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2/?
Princess Principal - 1/12
Puchi Pri*Yucie - 2/26
Saint Seiya - 20/114
Satsuriku no Tenshi - 6/12
Skull Man - 4/13
Space Brothers - 59/99
Speed Racer - 30/52
Stop!! Hibari-kun! - 4/35
Super Dimension Century Orguss - 6/35
Tekkaman Blade - 7/49
Tiger Mask - 26/105
Zombieland Saga - 4/12

xEryChan

Demon Child
I finished episode 53 of One Piece and I really love this series, I’m so glad I watched it. Luffy is such a fun protagonist and I can’t wait to see where they will go with his character. My favorite however is still Zoro. The guy is a badass, no other way around it.

According the guide I’ve been following for One Piece, I skip 54-61 so I’m going to take a break from it to finish Monster. I only have 30 more episodes left of it. After, I plan on watching One Piece and watching a different short series in between arcs. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is more than likely going to be the next one and after that, I’m thinking of watching Bakemonogatari (which I watched the first episode of already) and rewatching Clannad again at some point.,

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I finished episode 53 of One Piece and I really love this series, I’m so glad I watched it. Luffy is such a fun protagonist and I can’t wait to see where they will go with his character. My favorite however is still Zoro. The guy is a badass, no other way around it.

Man, you got into it pretty quickly lol. It took me until episode 187 to realize there was something really special about One Piece. I was enjoying it before then, but it wasn't clicking for me 'til Noland the Liar's flashback began.

In all honestly, the Skypeia arc never deserved the hate it got now that it's proven to be much more important than initially believed. I'm probably still one of the few fans that has really liked the arc all the way through lol (but I still say Thriller Bark's my all-time favorite arc).

xEryChan

Demon Child
Well, I guess being quarantined thanks to this pandemic in the US while I am stuck at home and not at work has its advantages. My hours have been cutting a lot recently so I’ve had more time to watch anime.

I’ve decided to pause One Piece so I could finish Monster. The last episode I saw was episode 57 and I have to say, Monster is so good and definitely underrated. I am really loving this series so far and I really cannot wait to see how it ends. I’m hoping to have Monster finished so I can resume One Piece.

I am planning on alternating One Piece with some other shorter animes since it is rather lengthy. First anime I’ve decided to go with is going to be Vinland Saga. I’ve heard a lot of praise for this series and I’m really excited to watch it. Some other ones include Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagan, which I have put off for far too long, Magi, Cowboy Bebop, and the Monogatari series. Other animes I plan on watching when I’m all caught up on One Piece will be Haikyuu, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gintama, and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure until this whole thing with the Coronavirus (which I’m not even concerned about, mind you) is over.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I've been busy with college work and playing mostly video games so I haven't been able to watch too much anime. However, from the few series I've watched, I fnished Charlotte, which was an okay anime and I rate it around 6-7. I also finished School Days a couple of months back and it really lived up to its reputation of being a train wreck lol. Watched it mostly for the lol's and it was as terrible as I imagined it to be, gave it a 3/10. Coming to the main one, I finished Haikyuu seasons 1-3 and currently watching season 4. The series is super hype especially during all the important matches. Gave them 8/9/9.

Currently I'm watching March Comes in like a Lion, and I'm 10 episodes in. It's been really good so far, and it's a very character focused series.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m currently trying to stay posted on how you can watch the new Studio Trigger series BNA. I know it’ll be available on Netflix in Japan, but I don’t know how it’ll be distributed in the West.

Aside from that, I’m currently watching Eizouken & the dubs for Nichijou & Konosuba season 2

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Since my college has ultimately decided to suspend classes until further notice, I’m getting back into watching anime. I didn’t really start anything new after finishing Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works but I am losing my mind from being stuck in my dorm room with nowhere to go so yeah.

Anyways, I started watching Monster and I’ve really been liking it so far. Johan Liebert is definitely something else and he’s a darn good villain. I’m hoping to have this finished soon so I can start a new series.

I am also involved in a group watch of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing with several of my Discord friends but I have only seen the first episode so far but I did like it.

After Monster, I am planning to watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan. After that, I’m unsure but I’ve got a list of animes that I have plans to watch that I added on to after because of current events and several of them include Cowboy Bebop, Spice and Wolf, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, Gintama, Nana, Kill La Kill, Vinland Saga, and Major. Also a rewatch of one of my favorites, FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, is also in the works at some point.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Quarantine has not been so bad for me, tbh.

I have finally finished Monster and wow, this series was great was great. It may not be an action packed anime but it does leaving ask tons of questions and the last few episodes were intense. I really loved Monster and I’m so glad I was able to watch it. I also stayed up to midnight to finish it when I had to get up at 6 am the next day for work.

I also finished the Alabasta arc of One Piece and I also have been really enjoying that as well. It was easily the best arc of One Piece so far and Vivi’s farewell nearly had me in tears.

Now, the plan is to resume One Piece since it is taking over my life. I’m currently in the Skypiea Arc and I plan to watch One Piece until the Enies Lobby arc ends. I listened to @Kutie Pie and @wolf jani and decided to watch the G-8 arc, even though it is a filler arc. In between arcs, I’m plan to watch other shorter animes. Vinland Saga will be the first one, followed by Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann. After that, it is still up in the air but I will figure it out.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm just about finished with Magia Record (there's one episode left) and I also plan on starting both Cross Game and Major 2nd season 2 since baseball has been postponed indefinitely. I also have watched 7 episodes of Gundam Wing and I might watch One Piece or Dragonball soon.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Still am watching One Piece. I’m currently in the Skypiea arc (episode 165) and I have to say that while it is more self-contained, from what I’ve seen, it is still pretty good. One of my favorite OP moments so far has been seeing Luffy and his crew flying up a rising current to reach Skypiea. That was really cool. One Piece is definitely my newest obsession, I really love it already and it easily has earned its place at #4 on my top 10 anime list.

After finishing Skypiea and the G-8 arcs, I’m planning to pause One Piece so I can watch Vinland Saga in between arcs. I’ve been hearing a lot of talk for this series so I decided to check it out for myself. After that, I will resume One Piece for the Foxy, Water 7, and Enies Lobby arcs.

I watched the first three episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing and I really was not enjoying it so I am dropping it for now. I might decide to come back to it at some point but as of this point, I really do not know.

That’s the plan for right now. I also will watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, the Magi series, and Made in Abyss at some point but for now, I’m mainly focusing on One Piece.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
OMG! OMG! OMG! The Tower of God anime premiers on April 1st! I can't wait! I can't wait! I've never been this excited for an anime adaptation in a long time, wonder why? Well, I'm definitely watching Tower of God in the next few days! The author of Tower of God wrote up a little bonus story reminding fans of the premier, and it's kind of adorable to see how far they've grown.

O1DH2HN.png

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
OMG! OMG! OMG! The Tower of God anime premiers on April 1st! I can't wait! I can't wait! I've never been this excited for an anime adaptation in a long time, wonder why? Well, I'm definitely watching Tower of God tomorrow! The author of Tower of God wrote up a little bonus story reminding fans of the premier, and it's kind of adorable to see how far they've grown.

O1DH2HN.png

Okay your excitement (and the totally not the dinosaur-dragon looking character) is getting me even more interested in Tower of God. I'll probably check it out sometime. Probably the original manwha(? That's what it's called, right?) if I do. though not in the foreseeable future considering my backlog and projects unless something pushes me over the temptation line

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Okay your excitement (and the totally not the dinosaur-dragon looking character) is getting me even more interested in Tower of God. I'll probably check it out sometime. Probably the original manwha(? That's what it's called, right?) if I do. though not in the foreseeable future considering my backlog and projects unless something pushes me over the temptation line
It's really about the dinosaur-looking Rak and his turtle underlings.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Like I said, Quarantine has definitely been my friend.

I finished the Skypiea arc of One Piece and loved it. While it started out slow, it really picked up and got very interesting. Looking forward to see more of this series, especially the Water 7 and Enies Lobby arcs. I hear great things about those.

For now, I’m going to hold off on One Piece to watch Vinland Saga. I already watched the first episode and I really liked it. Definitely looks like it could be my type of series and it isn’t too long, with only 24 episodes which also happens to be Ery’s lucky number. I can’t wait to watch more of it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Like I said, Quarantine has definitely been my friend.

I finished the Skypiea arc of One Piece and loved it. While it started out slow, it really picked up and got very interesting. Looking forward to see more of this series, especially the Water 7 and Enies Lobby arcs. I hear great things about those.

For now, I’m going to hold off on One Piece to watch Vinland Saga. I already watched the first episode and I really liked it. Definitely looks like it could be my type of series and it isn’t too long, with only 24 episodes which also happens to be Ery’s lucky number. I can’t wait to watch more of it.
Just put it in your Top 10 after you finish it & then I'll know that you really did enjoy it. ;)

Anyways, to be more serious, it definitely has the potential to make it there at least. Genuinely one of the most deeper & layered stories I've personally seen in anime. Be sure to be a bit patient with the start though, because it does start out pretty slow indeed, fleshing out the plot & characters, but if you manage to bear with the slow start & get into the show you'd be in for an amazing experience. :)