• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

xEryChan

Demon Child
One Piece is still taking over my life. I’m currently 4 episodes into the Enies Lobby arc and oh my gosh, I’m hooked on this series. Water 7 was absolutely incredible and I’m loving Enies Lobby so far. This arc (I count W7 and EL as one big arc) has been amazing and definitely trumps all of the HxH arcs minus Chimera Ant, imo.

I’m placing Vinland on hold till I finish Enies Lobby. Sorry but I can’t just stop One Piece when it all getting so intense now.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
"Isn't God cruel? When god first shows you the world, it might seem like the world is limitless and you can have anything. Then one day God appears again and tells you, 'This is your limit'." - Lero-Ro from Tower of God.

So I saw the first episode of Tower of God last week, and I enjoyed it but I agree with a lot of ToG fans on episode 2 tomorrow. Episode 2 will be the episode that makes or breaks this adaptation if it's bringing in Lero-Ro, fun fact whose design is inspired by Pikachu, into the screen because in the first episode, the audience is as confused by the world as Baam, that's intentional. Your supposed to be confused. Baam is a complete noob, but a few chapters later, Lero-Ro clears up some of the confusion, explaining a bit of world-building here such as what world did Baam found himself in, what is Shinsoo, what an irregular is, and the past figures who brought glory or disaster to the tower. So if the second episode introduces Lero-Ro's test as some expect, then it's an important episode that should tell you if this is a good or bad adaptation. That explanation of what the Tower is very important to the story, it cannot be skipped.

On another note, the anime just got two new actors announced for two more ToG characters. The VA of Jotaro Kujo in JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, Daisuke Ono, is voicing Phonsekal Laure of all people lol. Does anyone who knows the character find that hilarious that the VA of Clint Eastwood-inspired Jotaro Kujo is voicing Phonsekal Laure? Actually I can see it work, Phonsekal saying "Good Grief" while he's trying to find a good place to sleep away from all the action, but I still think it's hilarious. The other VA is the the VA of Overhaul from My Hero Academia, Kenjiro Tsuda, and he'll be voicing Lero-Ro which I can see work because Lero-Ro is like a big brother who is well-liked on one side and incredibly intimidating on the other if the "little brothers & sisters" annoy him.

Last edited:

jaden767

Amphetamine
I started Yu-Gi-Oh Sevens last week but I think I'm going to drop it since it doesn't have the same hook or charisma that the past series had.

I'm planning on starting Digimon Adventure 2020 & Listeners this week just to see if they're good.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I started Yu-Gi-Oh Sevens last week but I think I'm going to drop it since it doesn't have the same hook or charisma that the past series had.

I'm planning on starting Digimon Adventure 2020 & Listeners this week just to see if they're good.
I don't know what Listeners is but isn't Digimon 2020 just a straight remake (in other words, a terrible idea)?

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I don't know what Listeners is but isn't Digimon 2020 just a straight remake (in other words, a terrible idea)?

From what I've seen in this forum's Digimon thread, it isn't bad and at least interesting. Haven't seen it myself though.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is there anything new airing that isn’t postponed because of the pandemic? I was going to check out the new Digimon series but now that’s delayed too

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Expect everything to be delayed. Even if one media sample was still continuing, that would imply every other media wouldn't be stopped. Animation as a whole has been halted.

Dubbing, however, may not be stopped completely. Funimation managed to release a MHA episode completely dubbed from every voice actor's home. It was a miracle.
But wouldn't they at least air one-shots like BNA up until they run out of episodes and then once they start working on the rest of the series treat it like a second course?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Got around to seeing the latest episodes. Oh man, it is so good and I'm loving how those who were turned off by the first episode are starting to come around after the last three episodes. "A monster has arrived." That quote just sends chills. And that last episode with Anak, Shibisu and Hatsu. Shibisu is hilarious, the way Hatsu broke that sword is just crazy, and Anak. Oh man, Anak is a goddamn powerhouse and a terrifying one at that. I can't wait for the next episode where I bet it will end the Crown Game. It's going to introduce to us the other best girl, a certain girl in red.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I’m currently watching two different animes. Vinland Saga is one but I have only seen the first episode but I did like it and I’m looking forward to watching more of it.

The other one I’m watching is One Piece (I blame @xEryChan for that) and as expected, it’s been taking over my life. I’m currently in the arc where Sanji made his debut. It’s been nothing short of a blast to watch. My favorite character this far is Nami but I like all of the members of the Straw Hat pirates so far. Curious to see where they go with this series, I really like it so far. It’s been an enjoyable watch.

When I’m not watching anime, I’m playing Persona 5 and wow, what an incredible game.

Unsure of what series I will watch next. I really wanted to watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann but I’ve having trouble accessing my Netflix account so I can’t watch that. I’m. personally thinking of watching either Bakemonogatari or Ano Hana after that.

TheWanderingMist

Just finished Steins;Gate. 8/10.

Rewatching Space Dandy (possibly the greatest anime of all time), then gonna watch Spice & Wolf.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I've been mostly watching one show, Urusei Yatsura, since the start of the month. It's great.

.hack//Sign - 4/26
Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Assassination Classroom 2nd Season - 1/25
Astro Boy (2003) - 10/50
Black Jack - 7/61
Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 6/12
Claymore - 4/26
Comic Party - 9/13
D.N.Angel - 2/26
Darling in the FranXX - 7/24
Days - 1/24
Di Gi Charat Nyo - 4/104
Digimon Universe - 8/52
Digimon Xros Wars - 14/30
Dragon Ball Super - 65/131
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden (1999) - 9/28
Gosick - 16/24
Gun x Sword - 4/26
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens - 1/12
Hamtaro - 18/296
Hatenkou Yuugi - 2/10
Initial D Fourth Stage - 8/24
Ishuzoku Reviewers - 4/12
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 13/39
Kämpfer - 6/12
Kodocha - 52/102
Koneko no Chi: Ponponra Dairyokou - 2/25
Little Witch Academia - 10/25
Log Horizon - 2/25
Magical DoReMi - 18/51
Maicching Machiko-sensei - 5/95
Maison Ikkoku - 10/96
Mobile Police Patlabor: On Television - 6/47
Nekopara - 3/12
Ninja Hattori-kun (2012) - 25/52
Nobunagun - 3/13
One Piece - 915/?
Planet With - 3/12
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - 17/191
Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2/?
Princess Principal - 1/12
Puchi Pri*Yucie - 2/26
Saint Seiya - 20/114
Satsuriku no Tenshi - 6/12
Skull Man - 4/13
Space Brothers - 59/99
Speed Racer - 30/52
Stop!! Hibari-kun! - 4/35
Super Dimension Century Orguss - 6/35
Tekkaman Blade - 7/49
Tiger Mask - 26/105
Urusei Yatsura - 58/195
Zombieland Saga - 4/12

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is also available or KissAnime BTW, not only Netflix. Why miss out on a great anime like Gurren Lagann (widely recognized as one of the best mecha anime) just because of that? Just use KissAnime to watch it. :)

I’d rather not if I can help it. I don’t want to pirate anime if it is licensed and available to stream. It’s easier and more convenient for me as well as it makes me feel like I’m supporting the anime industry.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I finished the Baratie arc of One Piece and I really liked it. Definitely was a great way to introduce Sanji and have him join the Straw Hats. Looking forward to watching more of this series, especially the Alabasta, Water 7, and Enies Lobby arcs.

Currently am taking a break from One Piece to watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I’ve seen the first four episodes but so far, I really do like it. It’s been enjoyable so far and I’m definitely looking forward to watching more of this series.

TheWanderingMist

I finished the Baratie arc of One Piece and I really liked it. Definitely was a great way to introduce Sanji and have him join the Straw Hats. Looking forward to watching more of this series, especially the Alabasta, Water 7, and Enies Lobby arcs.

Currently am taking a break from One Piece to watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I’ve seen the first four episodes but so far, I really do like it. It’s been enjoyable so far and I’m definitely looking forward to watching more of this series.
Water 7/Enies Lobby is still, to me, One Piece's best arc. And as for TTGL, episode 4 is possibly the series' worst episode, though given the quality of the show, its bad is a lesser show's average.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ok I just watched the first 22 episodes of Steins Gate along with the alternate version of episode 23 (23b), which leads into Steins Gate 0, which I'm starting now. Once I finish Steins Gate 0 I'll go back and watch the original episode 23 of Steins Gate to the end of the series, along with the epilogue special and deja vu movie.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've started watching Tamayomi, which isn't the kind of series that I normally watch, but it's cute. I've also caught up on season one of Fruits Basket, and will proceed to season two this weekend.