• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well I've got a lot of ideas on what to watch but I can't seem to decide on any particular one at the moment (and my life was occupied with P5R and FFVIIR + Crisis Core + Advent Children). Been moving along with Gintama (64 episodes in) and I've watched a couple of episodes of a few anime here and there with nothing fixed. Now it looks like I've finally decided to settle on Hyouka as the series I want to finish while the long Gintama journey goes on. As for seasonal anime, with Oregairu and Re:Zero postponed, the only one I've been watching is Kaguya Sama S2 (and it's been great so far).

Atleast I managed to get done with both seasons of March Comes in like a Lion. A very good series that is very character driven. The main highlight of the series was whenever the Kawamoto sisters and Kiriyama interacted and had focus (I honestly didn't care for the Shogi sections most of the time in the series).

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Water 7/Enies Lobby is still, to me, One Piece's best arc. And as for TTGL, episode 4 is possibly the series' worst episode, though given the quality of the show, its bad is a lesser show's average.
So bad the person who worked on it left afterwards I think!

Anyway, currently binging Larry the Leprechaun: The Anime. Nice arcs but I found it bs when Larry survived being eaten by Barbara the Quetzalcoltlus.

Before that was binging Fairy Tail and Re:Zero Starting Life in Another World because the dub has one of my favorite VA, Kayli Mills, in it tbh

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
Demon Slayer
A tad-bit overhyped but overall, an enjoyable show with a lovable cast, some might consider as a cliche and a somewhat unique protagonist for a story with demons. (9/10)

Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
One of the long-running shounen anime, Naruto is amazing with a good plot and character focus. Fillers didn't bother me as much but the theme of Loneliness was overused a little. Shippuden throws away all character focus, choosing to focus on minimal characters and goes back on its theme from the first part and has fillers in the most random places ever. It has plotholes too but I didn't notice any so, that didn't bother me. What did bother me was a) the fillers and flashbacks, though near the end of the plot and b) every other female ninja, at times, is a medical ninja, even in fillers. Amazing fights saved it. Both parts have amazing OST and fantastic looking animation at times. (9/10), (8/10).

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
Started too soon, to be honest. As someone who as read the manga and knows that it is good, Boruto started way too soon. I have watched about 100 episodes and up to 65 are pretty great but after that, it is okay. I will catch up soon, hopefully. Not watching it right now, though.
Buuuuuttt Naruto and Sasuke vs Momoshiki is The Best Fight in the anime and was worth watching Every Single Filler, Flashback, and all those 720 episodes.

Fire Force
Not the best thing out there, but average to great animation and okay power system, its...okay. Forced fanservice didn't do it much good and I would prefer a darker version of it. (7/10)

Steins; Gate
Anything involving time travel gets an immediate love from me and Steins; Gate was no different. I loved it, but I would have preferred it to not dive into romance but focus more on the thriller side of things. (9/10)

Little Witch Academia
I solely watched it because it had amazing animation and it delivered. I got a nice Harry Potteresque world and lively characters. (9/10)

When They Cry
This is a masterpiece with crazy suspense and mystery. When They Cry gives you information little by little and the satisfaction of concluding is honestly good. The first season (10/10) and second season (9/10).

FMA: B
It was a little rushed at the start and too comedic but it got better. Better than the anime original. (9/10)

Tatami Galaxy
With a unique art style and resetting episodes and an amazing ending, this show is one of my favorite anime of all time. (10/10)

A Place Further Than The Universe
This show is very inspiring and with its excellent soundtrack and characters, it also is one of my favorite anime. (10/10)

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
I've done it, I watched it. It certainly is bizarre and it's fun. This is how I would rate each part:
Part 2
Part 4
Part 1
Part 3
Part 5 is currently on hold until I randomly decide to watch another episode again.

Beastars
Ironically, relatable characters and good worldbuilding, Beastars is on its way to becoming a favorite of mine. (10/10)

Babylon
Suspense, thriller, mystery. I love these and Babylon has it all. It has sort of an abrupt ending which leaves you hanging, and according to its themes, you could say the show is bad, which is funny to me. But anyways, episode 7 was the best part of the whole series. Ai Magase is a crazy antagonist. (10/10)

Cells at Work
A fun anime, exploring the inner workings of the human body, making you ship your cells, lol. (9/10)

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
As much as people would compare it to Death Note, Code Geass doesn't portray that 'people getting outsmarted' like in Death note except on a few occasions. It is mostly just mission tactics which to me isn't the best thing. It has a nice mix of multiple genres but I don't think Mecha is my thing. I still like the plot but I am confused about some things. Suzaku irritated me at first, mainly because he always got in the way but he grew on me. I do like the plot twists that always happened at the end of most episodes. Season one is better than R2 but R2 has a better ending which is one of the best ones in anime, in my opinion. So, both seasons combined my rating would be (9.5/10)

At the moment, I am currently watching Dragon Ball, along with Tower of God and the 2nd season of Kaguya-sama: Love is War weekly.

Thanks for reading!

xEryChan

Demon Child
Been making progress with One Piece. I finished the Sabaody Archipelago arc last night and it was great, though I’m still reeling from that ending. I ended up bawling like a baby and I was a mess last night. I’m still feeling it today. Damn you, Oda. How can you do this to me? Espeically after 400 episodes? I hope you know I am cursing you out right now

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Been making progress with One Piece. I finished the Sabaody Archipelago arc last night and it was great, though I’m still reeling from that ending. I ended up bawling like a baby and I was a mess last night. I’m still feeling it today. Damn you, Oda. How can you do this to me? Espeically after 400 episodes? I hope you know I am cursing you out right now

*rubs hands together knowing you've seen nothing yet*

Oh, have you watched Strong World, by the way? Canonically, it takes place before Sabaody.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
*rubs hands together knowing you've seen nothing yet*

Oh, have you watched Strong World, by the way? Canonically, it takes place before Sabaody.
I have. A lot of people say it's the "Broly" of One Piece movies but I don't see it that way. Can't stand on it's own like the Broly movie, you have to have some knowledge of the events of One Piece before in order to get who the heck these characters are and whereas the Broly movie feels like a giant episode, One Piece feels like a giant story arc stuffed into an over hour movie. Strong World should've been made for TV or at the very least split into parts.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
In all fairness, Ouran to me is a product of its time. I remember it being popular around the same time Fruits Basket was at its peak because of some similarities, but it's a boring watch and (in my personal opinion) had some uncomfortable undertones. There were times I had to pinch myself to make sure I was still awake, nothing about the show was interesting, and I don't really know why or how it got big in the first place outside of the theme song being ungodly catchy and bishounen boys.

So I totally understand AuraChannelerChris' disinterest in continuing it. Vampire Knight is the same way, funnily enough, but it's a more interesting train wreck and at least has vampires and some nice Gothic-style music to go with it.

shoz999

Tower of God is beginning the Tag Test. As a webtoon reader, let's just say that shits about to get real and when the next test happens, let's just say Griffith of Berserk might have some competition. In what exactly? You'll know when you see it lol.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Now watching Spice & Wolf.

After watching Space Dandy a second time and the first episode of Spice & Wolf, my opinion on Steins;Gate has already decreased to 6/10.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Still watching Ouran and Fullmetal. Also picked up Naruto and Beaststars. So many things to watch!
All of the anime you're watching are top tier, so you have a great experience awaiting you. Good luck enjoying them! :)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Unless the Fullmetal they're watching is the first one.

I'm pretty sure @Ashscot is watching Brotherhood. I personally liked the 03 version too even though the ending (including the 2nd half from where the 03 version deviated from the manga storyline) did kinda leave a sour taste in my mouth. But yeah, Brotherhood is completely on a different level, it's an all time masterpiece.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, episode 11.

It’s awesome that you’re watching FMA:B. That is easily one of my favorite animes. It’s so good and I really hope you’re enjoying it.

I did watch ten episodes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan and I’ve really been enjoying it been my main focus has been watching One Piece. I also finished the Arlong arc and wow, that arc was really good. The Straw Hats are more than crewmates, they’re an actual family. If you hurt one, you better hide because the rest will be coming after you. I’m so happy I decided to watch this series, it has been great so far.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It’s awesome that you’re watching FMA:B. That is easily one of my favorite animes. It’s so good and I really hope you’re enjoying it.

I did watch ten episodes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan and I’ve really been enjoying it been my main focus has been watching One Piece. I also finished the Arlong arc and wow, that arc was really good. The Straw Hats are more than crewmates, they’re an actual family. If you hurt one, you better hide because the rest will be coming after you. I’m so happy I decided to watch this series, it has been great so far.

You are about to get to the best part of TTGL soon, like about after 5 episodes where you are at now, so prepare yourself. If you are enjoying it now already then I can assure you that the climax part of the anime is gonna amaze you, because that is like 10x more incredible than the 1st half of the show. Just keep on going.

BTW this might surprise you but I've (re-)started watching One Piece as well (restarted because I did watch several episodes of it in my early pro-teens). :)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I was kind of wavering on what anime to focus on, and I decided to watch Hyouka. It was decent but it didn't really interest me too much so I've kept that on hold for now.

Instead, I've decided to focus entirely on Gintama and Ashita no Joe. Got done with S1 of Gintama the other day and it was great. Already 15 episodes into S2 and it's looking better and better.

I've watched 11 episodes of Ashita no Joe so far and it has been really captivating since episode 1 itself. Best moment was in episode 4 when Danpei beat the hell out of Joe.

shoz999

Saw the latest episode of Tower of God. @345ash-greninja what are you thoughts on the episode? Shows the true nature of climbing the Tower right? What I like most about this episode is the non-readers speculating heavily who sent the note to Hoh lol. Almost everyone is thinking it's Hwa Ryun, the redhead. All I have to say is lol.... I can't wait for their reactions on who the culprit is.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Been watching Space Dandy and I’m pretty sure it represents what happens when Shinichiro Watanabe goes on an acid trip xD. Seriously though I applaud this show for being the ultimate embodiment of freedom of expression and creativity. Season 1 was a fantastic experience and from the 5 eps I’ve seen of season 2 so far, it pushes the boundaries of imagination even further and is well on its way to surpassing the bar set by the first season.

Older Anime that I had started watching and plan on continuing after finishing Space Dandy include Aria and Gintama both of which have strong chances of making a top anime list of mine.

During this season my main seasonal watches were Kingdom s3 and Kaguya s2. I’ve read through a lot of the Kingdom manga and the arc the anime was gonna adapt was extremely hype and it looked well on its way to being my 2020 anime of the year but after ep 4 it was postponed indefinitely :-(. Kaguya s2 has been consistently hilarious and I look forward to watching it each week. A solid 8.5-9/10.

HiDive also recently started airing the dub of Run With The Wind, so I’m gonna follow that. Very refreshing from what I’ve seen (it’s set in uni and I think I’ve seen enough jap high schools for a lifetime lol) and Haikyuu!! fans in particular will enjoy the fluidity during it’s running scenes a lot.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Been watching Space Dandy and I’m pretty sure it represents what happens when Shinichiro Watanabe goes on an acid trip xD. Seriously though I applaud this show for being the ultimate embodiment of freedom of expression and creativity. Season 1 was a fantastic experience and from the 5 eps I’ve seen of season 2 so far, it pushes the boundaries of imagination even further and is well on its way to surpassing the bar set by the first season.

Older Anime that I had started watching and plan on continuing after finishing Space Dandy include Aria and Gintama both of which have strong chances of making a top anime list of mine.

During this season my main seasonal watches were Kingdom s3 and Kaguya s2. I’ve read through a lot of the Kingdom manga and the arc the anime was gonna adapt was extremely hype and it looked well on its way to being my 2020 anime of the year but after ep 4 it was postponed indefinitely :-(. Kaguya s2 has been consistently hilarious and I look forward to watching it each week. A solid 8.5-9/10.

HiDive also recently started airing the dub of Run With The Wind, so I’m gonna follow that. Very refreshing from what I’ve seen (it’s set in uni and I think I’ve seen enough jap high schools for a lifetime lol) and Haikyuu!! fans in particular will enjoy the fluidity during it’s running scenes a lot.
Can't wait 'til you get to the last three episodes.