1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Rave, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Siddhar

Siddhar Ay, Ay, Ay!

I'm currently watching the third season of Bungo Stray Dogs, and despite it being rather odd, I've taken a liking to it. My avatar itself is a character from the anime. Anyway, I did finish Vinland Saga and Assassination Classroom in the last month. I am looking forward to watching Death Parade and want to see what the hype around Tower Of God is about.

jaden767 and TheCharredDragon like this.
  2. xEryChan

xEryChan King of the Pirates Staff Member Moderator

I’m nearing the end of the Marineford arc of One Piece and all I can say is... wow!! This arc has been nothing short of amazing and an experience I will never forget. Best One Piece arc, by far.

For now, the plan is to finish Marineford (only got like one more episode left) and the post-war arc and after, because Marineford has messed me up so much and there is still more to come, I will need some comedy therapy after finishing this arc and what’s better to watch Kaguya-Sama for that? So Kaguya-Sama is next and after, I will go right back to One Piece so Vinland Saga and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann will have to wait until I’m all caught up with One Piece.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  3. Ashscot

Ashscot Sheikah

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, episodes 19-21.

I also picked up My Hero Academia this weekend and binged the first 5 episodes haha. Quirks are really interesting and I can tell I'm really going to like Deku and All Might.

EDIT: Finished the first season of My Hero Academia. I love it! I can't wait to watch more.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    345ash-greninja and jaden767 like this.
  4. SatoSereFan224888

SatoSereFan224888 Well-Known Member

Just watched Higurashi & Danganronpa. Great shows. Better than the current Pokemon anime.

5. Ashscot

Ashscot Sheikah

I binged a lot of anime this past weekend haha. Here's what I watched:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, episodes 26-48. This show is just amazing. I literally could not stop myself from watching more. I am a bit sad though, this amazing journey is coming close to an end...
    My Hero Academia (2nd Season), episodes 1-11. Holy Toledo the fighting matches are fun to watch. It's fun getting to see all the different and creative quirks in action. Todoroki is crazy.

So yeah, I basically had no life haha.

6. xEryChan

xEryChan King of the Pirates Staff Member Moderator

Yep, it is. It’s one of my favorites. I watched the whole series in four days, I was really into it. I also felt sad when I finished it.

If you’re enjoying FMA:B, I recommend watching Hunter x Hunter (the 2011 version). It’s 148 episodes so it’s definitely on the longer side but it is amazing and definitely worth it.

Ashfahad123 and Ashscot like this.
  7. Ashscot

Ashscot Sheikah

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to finishing it. It's easily a top 10 favorite of mine now. I was actually thinking of watching the original Fullmetal Alchemist to see how it compared.

Ah, thanks. I've actually watched Hunter x Hunter (2011) and it was amazing as well. It actually took me a few times to really get into it, but I don't regret it one bit. My favorite part has to be the Chimera Ant arc.

8. shoz999

shoz999 The goofiest-looking dog I've ever seen. I LUV IT!

Watched the first episode of God of High School. It's hilarious, so hilarious in fact that it's funny seeing people argue if Jin is a Korean Goku or a Korean Luffy. Makes you wonder if Goku and Luffy are really just the same character? Outside of comedy, love the action at display here, how they show each blow by blow at a fairly fast-paced action without slowing it down like so many other shonen anime do. I love detailed and fast-paced actions, the kind where you can see the differences not by words or long exposition but through the visuals.

9. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Goku and Luffy are completely different though? It's only on the surface that they look the same (i.e. eat a lot, not too bright, enjoy fighting).

shoz999 and TheCharredDragon like this.
  10. shoz999

shoz999 The goofiest-looking dog I've ever seen. I LUV IT!

Reading the reviews of The God of High School. Never really occurred to me but The God of Highschool really is one of the most visually stunning anime of 2020 and it's only been one episode isn't it? Although I'm surprised a lot of people already agree it easily has the best hand-to-hand combat animation they've ever seen. It's weird, I would think that's wrong but now that I think about it. Is there any anime that comes to mind with great hand-to-hand combat scenes? No seriously, need to know. I know there's a lot of good anime with some hand-to-hand combat scenes but what about some with such great consistency where it's the main focus of the action? The closest that comes to mind is Cowboy Bebop.

11. Ashscot

Ashscot Sheikah

I binged Fullmetal Alchemist last night and finished. 10/10 anime in my opinion. So good!