• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

The Mega Champion

I finished Vivy last week so I started watching Shadows House yesterday. I was told that it was 'better Promised Neverland'

I can't really say anything about it yet but I'm assuming it just has a slow start like Promised Neverland did so we'll see.

RetroPokeFan

Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS and Soulburner is in the house baby, whoop whoop! Reached up to when Playmaker and The Shepherd are about to have their first proper duel after poor Shepherd got interrupted.

xEryChan

Demon Child
It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. Unfortunately, I haven’t realky started anything new. I was previously watching Gintama but I haven’t for a while, even before I lost my dad. I last finished the Benziakura arc and that arc was great so I’m looking forward to picking it back up in the not too distant future. Hopefully soon if all goes according to plan.

I do try to watch the One Piece anime weekly but I kind of fell off, due to everything that happened over the past couple of months. I missed quite a few episodes from Wano but I did watch four of them so I think I have a couple more to watch before I am caught back up. I can’t wait either way because we are nearing several hype moments that I know from the manga and things are only going to get more hype from here on out.

I’ve been keeping this on the down-low but I have been thinking of starting up a YouTube channel where I react to anime. For now, I think I plan to atart with Gintama and One Piece obviousl. I’ll let you know when I drop my first video.

The Mega Champion

Yashahime: Princess Half Demon S2 started in simuldubbed format so I started watching that. I'll do my best to keep up with it.

To be honest, the reason why I have never watched any anime ever (other than Pokemon) is that:

1. I'm too embarrassed to watch (yeah, I know, a very stupid reason)
  2. I don't even know what to watch in the first place

Yet, I've been wondering for about half a year now if I should watch any anime or not
and I honestly don't understand why the first reason applies to me when I've played anime games before (although all of them seem to have been recommended by my family, maybe that's why)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Well why not start with something related to another interest of yours? Like, iirc, you like history and stuff right? Maybe look for an anime set in a certain time period you like for example, or if you can't find that, maybe look for historical figures being used in an anime. And then from there you slowly find out what kind of stuff you like (like whether or not you prefer them dark, funny, accurate, fantasy, steampunk, a mix of things, and so on).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Well why not start with something related to another interest of yours? Like, iirc, you like history and stuff right? Maybe look for an anime set in a certain time period you like for example, or if you can't find that, maybe look for historical figures being used in an anime. And then from there you slowly find out what kind of stuff you like (like whether or not you prefer them dark, funny, accurate, fantasy, steampunk, a mix of things, and so on).
in other words, time to get into Fate @Mega Ampharos the Dragon ......though really

Morax

King of heroes
To be honest, the reason why I have never watched any anime ever (other than Pokemon) is that:

1. I'm too embarrassed to watch (yeah, I know, a very stupid reason)
  2. I don't even know what to watch in the first place

Yet, I've been wondering for about half a year now if I should watch any anime or not
and I honestly don't understand why the first reason applies to me when I've played anime games before (although all of them seem to have been recommended by my family, maybe that's why)
Start with something short like death note, then make your way to longer anime like one piece.

tbh, I feel like the main reason is not that I don't know what to watch, but that I just feel embarrassed, or in other words, afraid

My brain absolutely despises trying new things

(oh, and plus I'm embarrassed about how anime portrays females as well)

Morax

King of heroes
tbh, I feel like the main reason is not that I don't know what to watch, but that I just feel embarrassed, or in other words, afraid

Sorry to ask you this but, are you a girl?

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload

So...do you want to watch something new or not? do you just want outright recs instead of just tips on what to watch?

Well, I did want to find recommendations, but then there is my autistic brain that doesn't like trying new things at all

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
How about start "small" then?

Have you seen the other animations for Pokémon? Like Origins, Twilight Wings, Generations, or the newest one, Evolutions? Maybe start there. Unless you don't count those as "new" from the Pokémon anime.

Next thing I can think of is just watch something close to Pokémon. Digimon and Yokai Watch come to mind, though I can only vouch for Digimon animes. Closest in tone to Pokémon (ie mostly light with some heavy stuff) of the Digimon I've seen/remember would be Adventure (the old one; can't vouch for the reboot), Xros Wars/Fusion (tho some fans might want you to steer clear of this one...but honestly it's not THAT bad) and the current iteration, Ghost Game.

How about start "small" then?

Have you seen the other animations for Pokémon? Like Origins, Twilight Wings, Generations, or the newest one, Evolutions? Maybe start there. Unless you don't count those as "new" from the Pokémon anime.

Next thing I can think of is just watch something close to Pokémon. Digimon and Yokai Watch come to mind, though I can only vouch for Digimon animes. Closest in tone to Pokémon (ie mostly light with some heavy stuff) of the Digimon I've seen/remember would be Adventure (the old one; can't vouch for the reboot), Xros Wars/Fusion (tho some fans might want you to steer clear of this one...but honestly it's not THAT bad) and the current iteration, Ghost Game.
I have seen Origins, Twilight Wings, Generations, Evolutions, and the new one

I also don't like Yokai or Digimon at all, so there is that...

But I mean yesterday, I did decide to install Honkai, which might even be a step towards watching other anime

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Okay then that's out.

Though I'm curious, why don't you like Digimon at all?

Well either way. Can't really help at this rate.

All I can think of is this: what is it you like about Pokémon?

If you wanna do it yourself, after you have your answer (like say you like the cute designs or the story or the setting), you can just look for things similar to that.

If you want me to rec, well, just answer.

Cuz, again, it's kinda equal parts funny and "feels bad for not being able to help" when I suggest things and you keep going "well okay but...".

Idk I just wanna help and am trying to see if i should stop now or not before i take it too far than i really should or something