• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
hmm, maybe make a list out of the recommendations you're getting and check which one seems like it could be your style?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
tbh i can relate. crybaby protagonists are annoying but i can understand why some people like him. He's insecure and extremely flawed, some might prefer that over the usual idiot savant like Goku/Luffy (although i prefer the latter).
Tbh I don't mind his crying that much, but still I'm not his biggest fan because in a lot of arcs he kinda feels like he just exists

Morax

King of heroes
Tbh I don't mind his crying that much, but still I'm not his biggest fan because in a lot of arcs he kinda feels like he just exists
That's more onto horikoshi not being a good storyteller. Had he been in OP or say jojo he would have served a purpose.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That's more onto horikoshi not being a good storyteller. Had he been in OP or say jojo he would have served a purpose.
It's not really that he serves no purpose. Like, he's still at the forefront but he doesn't feel as interesting as many characters around him (heroes and villains alike). This has been mitigated a bit in the last few arcs where he has been more active, but still. Like, he's not a bad character, just that I prefer many others over him

Morax

King of heroes
It's not really that he serves no purpose. Like, he's still at the forefront but he doesn't feel as interesting as many characters around him (heroes and villains alike). This has been mitigated a bit in the last few arcs where he has been more active, but still. Like, he's not a bad character, just that I prefer many others over him
Oh ok

The Mega Champion

I found a new simuldub to watch. Heard too much about it and saw it was getting a simuldub so I tried it out. It's called Ranking of Kings.

Pretty cutesy and good so far honestly. Animation style gives me Ni No Kuni vibes. MC has a disability so it honestly makes you root for him more.

This doesn't necessarily mean I'll no longer try to finally get myself to watch Appli Monsters. It just depends really.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Been watching Edens Zero, an anime adaptation of a manga from the same guy who made Fairy Tail. A friend of mine kept begging me to watch, saying it's nothing like Fairy Tail and the plot is much darker. After watching it, I will say it's leagues better than Fairy Tail. The plot does dive into darker subject matter but it does have the humor and fanservice you'd expect from Fairy Tail while also maintaining interesting characters and plot twists that you won't see coming but makes sense when you think about it.

Honestly though, I'd say Edens Zero reminds me a lot more of One Piece than Fairy Tail. If you're a fan of One Piece, I'd recommend you give the first four episodes a try. I say four episodes because episode 3-4 is where they really dig into the sci-fi shenanigans.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Yay! Another endorsement for Edens Zero! Even though I've yet to read it, much less watch it. XD only reason i'm not is because i got other stuff i wanna read first and thus have more stuff to read of edens zero as a consequence

Morax

King of heroes
Been watching Edens Zero, an anime adaptation of a manga from the same guy who made Fairy Tail. A friend of mine kept begging me to watch, saying it's nothing like Fairy Tail and the plot is much darker. After watching it, I will say it's leagues better than Fairy Tail. The plot does dive into darker subject matter but it does have the humor and fanservice you'd expect from Fairy Tail while also maintaining interesting characters and plot twists that you won't see coming but makes sense when you think about it.

Honestly though, I'd say Edens Zero reminds me a lot more of One Piece than Fairy Tail. If you're a fan of One Piece, I'd recommend you give the first four episodes a try. I say four episodes because episode 3-4 is where they really dig into the sci-fi shenanigans.
I don't know....i would say Fairy Tail had more soul to it. I've read EZ manga and i still prefer FT.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I don't know....i would say Fairy Tail had more soul to it. I've read EZ manga and i still prefer FT.
Fairy Tail is a more chill and laidback story with a lack of an endgame goal throughout the course of the story. Not to mention, the author admitted he basically had no idea what he was doing after Volume 10 as he wanted to end the story much earlier but due to unexpected popularity, he continued it.

Edens Zero is more similar to One Piece because there's an actual endgame goal and instead of staying firmly in one setting, the story takes detours but instead of islands, it's various planets through the Edens Zero ship. Also the author spent a lot of time and research planning out much of the entire story, so it will be much more fleshed out than Fairy Tail. Don't know if it'll have a great ending or not but from what I've seen so far, it's really good and is diving into some really great ominous mysteries that you would never see in Fairy Tail or heck, even One Piece to an extant. Another thing I enjoyed is that although "friendship" is mentioned so many times, a lot of the fights I've seen so far are won through strategy, not the power of friendship trope.

With that said, I do think Edens Zero is leagues better than Fairy Tail.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
Fairy Tail is a more chill and laidback story with a lack of an endgame goal throughout the course of the story. Not to mention, the author admitted he basically had no idea what he was doing after Volume 10 as he wanted to end the story much earlier but due to unexpected popularity, he continued it.

Edens Zero is more similar to One Piece because there's an actual endgame goal and instead of staying firmly in one setting, the story takes detours but instead of islands, it's various planets through the Edens Zero ship. Also the author spent a lot of time and research planning out much of the entire story, so it will be much more fleshed out than Fairy Tail. Don't know if it'll have a great ending or not but from what I've seen so far, it's really good and is diving into some really great ominous mysteries that you would never see in Fairy Tail or heck, even One Piece to an extant. Another thing I enjoyed is that although "friendship" is mentioned so many times, a lot of the fights I've seen so far are won through strategy, not the power of friendship trope.

With that said, I do think Edens Zero is leagues better than Fairy Tail.
OP’s strength lies in its cast, worldbuilding and the drama. Moments like luffy punching a celestial dragon or Oden’s death is what make it memorable ; EZ has none of that. FT might be lacking in the story department but it has the superior main cast and character interactions over EZ. So far Natsu > shiki, Lucy > rebecca and Gray > weisz.

Morax

King of heroes
From what I've seen of the 25 episodes, Eden's Zero does have pretty much everything you're talking about and the manga is still pretty young compared to Fairy Tail and One Piece. Even if you disagree, you must admit that Eden's Zero has a very strong start and that it has strong potential to be Hiro Mashima's best work. I've already seen fans saying it already is if you read the manga. I don't know if that's true, never read it, but I am intrigued to check it out since people say the next arc is quite dark, even bloody and destroys a lot of tropes from Fairy Tail. Apparently there's quite a twist for those thinking it's still just a Fairy Tail clone.
I’m not disagreeing with you, just saying that there are different ways to look at it. FT isn’t good at storytelling while EZ lacks that SOUL that made me fall in love with FT.