• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Re-watching Mushoku Tensei for the sixth-time in my local dub in preperation for season two coming out in less than a month.

It's still a freaking masterpiece and for me the absolute best isekai out there and the production value is still just insane. And now it gets better and better with the upcoming stuff. Hyped for season two.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Finally got around to watching the Jujutsu Kaisen anime so I can catch up before season 2 starts. Read through the manga earlier this year. The animation is fantastic, and I've had the ending stuck in my head all weekend.

UltimateNinja

Summer season's already four weeks old so I am a bit late but here we go with my impressions:

Jujutsu Kaisen S2: Was planning to rewatch the important episodes but hadn't the time. It's still fun and I missed the cast. I need to get used to that art style but still pretty good.

Mushoku Tensei S2 Part 1: Entering the imo most mixed "arc" of the LN. Sadly there is, while still being good, a noticeable quality drop in the production value though expectable since they want to end the season with THE big event and they had to rush a bit through the arc and put their ressources into part 2 which is the start of MT peak.

Zom 100: Bucket List of the Death: May be my favorite newcomer of the season. Akira is a fun guy overworking his life until a zombie apocalypse changed his life. I really love the use of colours here. A very gray art style but during the key moments of the episode an overwhelming use of colours. Like the atmossphere and the pacing.

Rent a Girlfriend Season 3: a.k.a the last enjoyable season for me. When I read the manga I was very mixed with the plot and characters. The movie arc though was enjoyable and it was the arc I thought was setting things up for the future.

Reign of the Seven Spellblades: Friends hyping this thing up so I watched the first two episodes and found it to be okay. Heavily inspired by Harry Potter and one of the main characters even does look like Hermine. What weirds me a bit is the influence of swordfights here like its so out of context.

Horimiya - The Missing Pieces: Wasn't expecting them to make a new season about the cut content and still would prefered a two cour adaption from the start. Now it's very confusing to figure out exactly when this cut content happened in between the episodes of season 1.

My Tiny Senpai: Cute senpai romcom and I like that.

The Girl I like Forgot Her Glasses: The other romcom of this season I watch. I like the two MCs and the relationship is very cute. The CGI and highly realistic art style are weird sometimes and the camera movement is very specific which makes the animation look akward sometimes but I am still enjoying the show.

Haven't watched Fate/strange Fake yet though I heard good things so probably watching that soon.

Morax

King of heroes
Summer season's already four weeks old so I am a bit late but here we go with my impressions:

Jujutsu Kaisen S2: Was planning to rewatch the important episodes but hadn't the time. It's still fun and I missed the cast. I need to get used to that art style but still pretty good.

Mushoku Tensei S2 Part 1: Entering the imo most mixed "arc" of the LN. Sadly there is, while still being good, a noticeable quality drop in the production value though expectable since they want to end the season with THE big event and they had to rush a bit through the arc and put their ressources into part 2 which is the start of MT peak.

Zom 100: Bucket List of the Death: May be my favorite newcomer of the season. Akira is a fun guy overworking his life until a zombie apocalypse changed his life. I really love the use of colours here. A very gray art style but during the key moments of the episode an overwhelming use of colours. Like the atmossphere and the pacing.

Rent a Girlfriend Season 3: a.k.a the last enjoyable season for me. When I read the manga I was very mixed with the plot and characters. The movie arc though was enjoyable and it was the arc I thought was setting things up for the future.

Reign of the Seven Spellblades: Friends hyping this thing up so I watched the first two episodes and found it to be okay. Heavily inspired by Harry Potter and one of the main characters even does look like Hermine. What weirds me a bit is the influence of swordfights here like its so out of context.

Horimiya - The Missing Pieces: Wasn't expecting them to make a new season about the cut content and still would prefered a two cour adaption from the start. Now it's very confusing to figure out exactly when this cut content happened in between the episodes of season 1.

My Tiny Senpai: Cute senpai romcom and I like that.

The Girl I like Forgot Her Glasses: The other romcom of this season I watch. I like the two MCs and the relationship is very cute. The CGI and highly realistic art style are weird sometimes and the camera movement is very specific which makes the animation look akward sometimes but I am still enjoying the show.

Haven't watched Fate/strange Fake yet though I heard good things so probably watching that soon.
Watashi no shiawase na kekkon? Literally aots

The Mega Champion

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War Part 2 has started english dubbed. Great start so far. Even if it doesn't match up to Part 1... watching Bleach again is still nice. :D

UltimateNinja

Some more things I watched:

Masamune-kuns Revenge S2: Had to rewatch the first season for this and its quite unbelievable that this got a second season. Okay continuation, the plot moves forward a lot and it seems its close to finishing.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale S2: Yeah I may be one of the only ones watching this and I need a Shoujo show inbetween and I still like the relationship between Anne and Challe so far.

Liar, Liar: Watched two episodes and felt like it was pretty boring. I like the "twist" here with the protagonist but something feels off.

Sweet Reincarnation: A show where I actually expected something different and it going the "Food Wars Route" with completely new ingredients because muh new world but at the end it was just like the usual isekai? Actually a huge waste of potential for a "decent show".

Getting a Netflix Subscription soon because people hype up My happy Marriage and One Piece live action just started too so...

Trey pokes

Next week is gonna be pretty big for ya'll, that's for sure. I'm actually curious how this adaptation will turn out, sounds like it might be a good time.

The Mega Champion

Next week is gonna be pretty big for ya'll, that's for sure. I'm actually curious how this adaptation will turn out, sounds like it might be a good time.
I don't have high hopes considering how well the other two went and how well the rest of their 'original' stuff has gone so far

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think it's a bad idea to start with considering One Piece is meant to be Looney Tunes-ish, but at least the boats look cool.

The Mega Champion

I tried watching Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon. Is it stupid? Yes. It is. However... it's funny too. So... as long as you don't take it too seriously... it's enjoyable. Yes I know how hypocritical that sounds considering some seem to think I take things too seriously. Each situation is different. Literally. But whatever I don't care.

I've been watching Code Geass as of recently, and I just finished Season 1

I find it a very interesting anime, especially since it has an alternate-history element