• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Frieren is up on the list. Haven't read the manga but people say it's similiar to Mushishi, To your Eternity and Mushoku Tensei so I had to watch it.

And the first two episodes I watched were pretty great and the production value is also very high.

Strong contender for anime of the year.

The Mega Champion

FLCL Shoegaze began last night. Considering how Grunge was a complete and utter waste of time... that's an extremely low bar to cross.

But I'll admit... interesting start so far.

Observer

Mostly watching
FLCL Shoegaze began last night. Considering how Grunge was a complete and utter waste of time... that's an extremely low bar to cross.

But I'll admit... interesting start so far.

Oh man I forgot about that I didn't even set reminder for it last night completely missed it :(

How is it compared to the other FLCL series?

The Mega Champion

Oh man I forgot about that I didn't even set reminder for it last night completely missed it :(

How is it compared to the other FLCL series?

Progressive: Mid. Overall... not great
Alternative: Better than Progressive and intriguing at times. Probably the best one since the original. But just IMO
Grunge: Complete and utter waste of time. Trash.
Shoegaze: I don't like judging something off of one episode. Like I said in my last post... intriguing start thus far

Observer

Mostly watching
Progressive: Mid. Overall... not great
Alternative: Better than Progressive and intriguing at times. Probably the best one since the original. But just IMO
Grunge: Complete and utter waste of time. Trash.
Shoegaze: I don't like judging something off of one episode. Like I said in my last post... intriguing start thus far

I saw it this morning and yeah so far not a bad start but let's see how things play out.

The Mega Champion

Dr. Stone S3 cour 2. Apparently the first episode was a same-day simuldub. I seriously doubt the rest of the season/cour will be like that... but damn would it be nice. Either way... good start.

The Mega Champion

Rurouni Kenshin 2023 remake anime. Yep... it's begun english dubbed as well believe it or not. I really hope it covers all of the manga... I'm DESPERATE to see something from the final manga arc in anime form (involves Yahiko).
So happy this has begun english dubbed.

Observer

Mostly watching
Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill was renewed for a second season, this is like one of the few Isekai animes where the MC isn't OP from the start nor does he have a harem.

Morax

King of heroes
Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill was renewed for a second season, this is like one of the few Isekai animes where the MC isn't OP from the start nor does he have a harem.
Quite honestly tired of harem as a genre. It's nothing but entitlement and self-insert. The girls do all the sh!t while the hero just sits there while they fight over him. I miss the proactive hero who had to struggle to win his beloved.

Observer

Mostly watching
Quite honestly tired of harem as a genre. It's nothing but entitlement and self-insert. The girls do all the sh!t while the hero just sits there while they fight over him. I miss the proactive hero who had to struggle to win his beloved.

I won't lie, I've been growing distant from that genre over the last few years. When I was younger I had no problem watching them but now that I'm older I see things in a different perceptive, and don't even get me started on the age gaps.

This also applies to the reverse harem as well when the MC is a female.

Morax

King of heroes
This also applies to the reverse harem as well when the MC is a female
Reverse-harems are an interesting case study. One would expect them to follow the same tropes but the heroine in a reverse harem is pretty proactive! She needs to go through tough challenges to catch the attention of the guy she likes. It's the same old girl-yearns-for-guy shtick except now the girl is the protagonist.

It seems that no matter the genre, women are always pigeonholed into being the 'chaser' while men are always being 'chased'.

Observer

Mostly watching
Reverse-harems are an interesting case study. One would expect them to follow the same tropes but the heroine in a reverse harem is pretty proactive! She needs to go through tough challenges to catch the attention of the guy she likes. It's the same old girl-yearns-for-guy shtick except now the girl is the protagonist.

It seems that no matter the genre, women are always pigeonholed into being the 'chaser' while men are always being 'chased'.

When a guy do chase after a girl they always seem to make him look like he's perverted.

Morax

King of heroes
When a guy do chase after a girl they always seem to make him look like he's perverted.
We live in a society.

tsunderes can get away with abusing the guy (mentally or physically) because he's expected to just 'take it in' but if he retaliates then he's sexist, racist and every other slur in the dictionary.