• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Tried watching frieren but couldn't last more than 3 episodes. Honestly don't get the hype behind it. It's not bad tbh but not groundbreaking either. Have our standards dropped so low that even the most ordinary stone looks like a diamond?
Couldn't agree more TBH. I recently finished Freiren and it was a quite a disappointment. This is considering the fact that I'm usually a sucker for magic/fantasy based anime with labyrinths/dungeons/mages. I won't go as far to say that it's a bad show....but IMO it's nothing special and does not live up to the massive acclaim it has received in the anime fandom.

Last edited:

YelST

watch Roukin
Frieren was good, well animated, great concept and great atmosphere. I enjoyed watching it weekly but far looked forward to watching Horizons more on a Friday.

Yatsura, SLF, Apothecary, ESPECIALLY Bravern all better.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Bravern was crazy fun. It really deserved a longer run.

Metallic Rouge had potential but it was the one that suffered the most from being only season...

Morax

King of heroes
Modern anime don't interest me tbh. They are employ the same old cliche tropes with a twist. Now there's nothing wrong with being cliche as long as it's well executed, i'm just looking for something original and innovative. Something never-seen-before.

Observer

Mostly watching
Modern anime don't interest me tbh. They are employ the same old cliche tropes with a twist. Now there's nothing wrong with being cliche as long as it's well executed, i'm just looking for something original and innovative. Something never-seen-before.

Like what?

The only thing I can think of is Marvel Anime Ironman, Wolverine, Blade, and X-Men that aired on G4 back in 2010.

Then there's Supernatural The Animation, that anime covered the first two seasons of the CW series Supernatural.

All of them were worked on by Madhouse.

Observer

Mostly watching
Hunter x hunter? Jojo?

The reason I listed those is because they took characters that were made for Western audience and placed them in Japanese setting to see how they do in a anime.

Plus since they are already established characters they won't fall into the usual anime hero tropes, case in point you should see how Tony was in the iron Man anime.

Morax

King of heroes
The reason I listed those is because they took characters that were made for Western audience and placed them in Japanese setting to see how they do in a anime.

Plus since they are already established characters they won't fall into the usual anime hero tropes, case in point you should see how Tony was in the iron Man anime.
Ok guess i'll check them out

Man the 2010's sure was crazy huh?

Observer

Mostly watching
Ok guess i'll check them out

Man the 2010's sure was crazy huh?

Yes they were, for the record Iron Man did get a movie called Iron Man Rise of Technovore.

As a follow-up movie there's Avengers Confidential: Black Widow and Punisher.

The Mega Champion

MHA S7 has officially started english dubbed. Now... I don't like giving the same anime an award(s) at my end of the year list, however, if it's just as good as last season was (which won my personal Anime of the Year) then there may not be much choice. We'll see. For now... yeah it's off to great start already.

The Mega Champion

Due to certain... things that have happened... I decided to say 'screw it' and watch Steins;Gate. I've only watched two episodes thus far. All be honest... the first episode confused the hell out of me and I didn't understand what was going on in the slightest. The second episode though... well things got interesting. So... I'm interested and intrigued. That doesn't change the fact that the first episode confused the hell out of me and I still don't understand what the hell was going on. I really hope this isn't another 'over-rated' situation. I guess we'll see.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Due to certain... things that have happened... I decided to say 'screw it' and watch Steins;Gate. I've only watched two episodes thus far. All be honest... the first episode confused the hell out of me and I didn't understand what was going on in the slightest. The second episode though... well things got interesting. So... I'm interested and intrigued. That doesn't change the fact that the first episode confused the hell out of me and I still don't understand what the hell was going on. I really hope this isn't another 'over-rated' situation. I guess we'll see.
You'll find out why the first episode is set up like that later on in the series.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
you felt exactly what you're meant to, and well, enjoy the ride! It's gonna be quite wild

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
The first batch of episodes is build up and it may be confusing but the payoff later makes up for it.

Morax

King of heroes

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Steins;Gate. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the plot will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Okabe’s psychopathic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from John Titor's theorems, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Steins;Gate truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Mayuri’s existential catchphrase “Tu Tu Ru!” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Daru's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Metal Upa tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.