• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Vernikova

Champion
Why do you think so? While it wasn't the best it hardly can be worse than Glee or any other filler episode.

Poor writing (Not giving Zaraki a Shikai or some new power but letting him win by using two hands? Really? I know two handed strikes are more effective but that's how he beats the 5th Espada? And the whole explanation about transporting Karakura Town to the Soul Society and making an exact replica of it for no reason since Aizen knew it was fake already and they seemed to have known that he would know, etc). Those two episodes hurt my head.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Poor writing (Not giving Zaraki a Shikai or some new power but letting him win by using two hands? Really? I know two handed strikes are more effective but that's how he beats the 5th Espada? And the whole explanation about transporting Karakura Town to the Soul Society and making an exact replica of it for no reason since Aizen knew it was fake already and they seemed to have known that he would know, etc). Those two episodes hurt my head.

Oh lolz those weren't fillers and I personally don't think it is bad writing. You just don't like that Zaraki could beat Nnorita with two handed strike but if you think about it, it makes sense. Sure a Bankai would have been great to see but Zaraki would become too overpowered and him not having a Bankai is important to his character because he is unique in that respect. (Zaraki does have a Shikai but he doesn't know its name so the power is limited for his sword.)

As for the fake Karakura Town, Aizen didn't know or if he did then it was important not to kill the souls he was going to harvest for the Oken due to his battle with Soul Society. It would suck if 1000s of souls died and then Aizen couldn't make the key right?

Like I said its up to personal preference if you like a episode or not.

Me personally? I thought the episode where Naruto bowed down to the Raikage was the single worst mistake ever and that is bad writing IMO.

Anyways Rebecca lets take this to the PMs or VMs if you wish to continue.

Vernikova

Champion
Oh lolz those weren't fillers and I personally don't think it is bad writing.

I know those weren't fillers. I never said they were.

You just don't like that Zaraki could beat Nnorita with two handed strike but if you think about it, it makes sense. Sure a Bankai would have been great to see but Zaraki would become too overpowered and him not having a Bankai is important to his character because he is unique in that respect. (Zaraki does have a Shikai but he doesn't know its name so the power is limited for his sword.)

If anything, him learning that name of his sword would've been better. A simple two handed strike defeated the 5th Espada in his released state in one blow. That alone makes me want to bash my head on my desk trying to figure out why he went that route. Really, one two handed blow taking out an opponent like that makes him overpowered enough.

As for the fake Karakura Town, Aizen didn't know or if he did then it was important not to kill the souls he was going to harvest for the Oken due to his battle with Soul Society. It would suck if 1000s of souls died and then Aizen couldn't make the key right?

I don't question them getting the civilians out of the way. I question that fact that they created a new Karakura Town for no reason and the explanation on how they transported and how they put everyone in that town to sleep.

Like I said its up to personal preference if you like a episode or not.

Me personally? I thought the episode where Naruto bowed down to the Raikage was the single worst mistake ever and that is bad writing IMO.

Anyways Rebecca lets take this to the PMs or VMs if you wish to continue.

Never watched that episode. Anyway, I'm not one for continuing this discussion since I just wanted to answer your questions of why i thought what i thought. If you want to respond to it you can but just note I will not respond in return.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Saturday Morning: Pokemon: Black & White

Saturday Night: Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, FLCL

DVDs: Chobits: The Complete Series - Anime Classics (first 3 discs), will have to see how the conclusion plays out compared to its manga version.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
A-Channel (6)
Akagi (12)
AnoHana ~ We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day (5)
Aria the Scarlet Ammo (5)
Beelzebub (17)
Bleach (321)
Blue Exorcist (5)
[C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control (5)
Deadman Wonderland (5)
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (5)
Digimon Xros Wars: The Evil Death Generals and the Seven Kingdoms (35)
Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera (6)
Fairy Tail (79)
Gintama' (208)
Gosick (17)
Hanasaku Iroha (7)
Kaiji: Hakairoku Arc (6)
Letter Bee (16)
Naruto: Shippuden (211)
Nichijou: My Ordinary Life (7)
One Piece (498)
Pokemon Best Wishes! (33)
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi (6)
SKET Dance (6)
StarrySky (21)
Steins;Gate (6)
The World God Only Knows II (6)
Tiger & Bunny (7)
Toriko (6)
X-Men (6)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal (4)

Completed:
ChäoS;HEAd (TV) (12)
Story - 7/10
Artwork - 8/10
Music - 8/10
Characters - 7/10
Overall - 7/10

Junjou Romantica (TV) (12)
Story - 8/10
Artwork - 7/10
Music - 8/10
Characters - 8/10
Overall - 8/10

Moshidora ~ What if a Female Manager of a High School Baseball Team Read Drucker's Management? (TV) (10)
Story - 7/10
Artwork - 5/10
Music - 8/10
Characters - 7/10
Overall - 7/10

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Been watching FMA, not as good as Brotherhood. Also just saw Summer Wars, very good anime movie, one of my new favorites.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Even though I don't know a thing about mahjong, it's still entertaining. I'm slowly picking the rules up with each episode. The action is pretty good and the characters are mildly entertaining. I'm at episode 12 and it shows a lot of promise for the rest of the series.

But Kaiji is better in pretty much all ways.
Might give it a shot but knowing this...well, at least Kaiji is Nobuyuki Fukumoto's 2nd work. Anyways, I think the man's a genius.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Metal Fight Beyblade: Explosion - episode 57
Bleach catch up: TBA
Naruto catch up: TBA
Fairy Tail start: TBA

I like doing them one at a time.

abraxas

Words.
Just finished High School of the Dead, still making my way through Digimon Xros Wars, and I've started on D. Gray-Man.
But, man, there's quite a few I need to back track and catch up on. >_<

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Beelzebub - 17
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Again) - 50
Hanasaku Iroha - 7
Kaiji Hakairoku Hen - 7
K-On!! - 21

Lucky Star (Again)- 6
Nichijou - 7
The World God Only Knows II - 6

So far I've been enjoying K-On!! for what it is. Just a fun show with little problems, good laughs, and excellent animation. Until I got sucker-punched in the jaw by episode 20's ending. Good LORD that got depressing. As someone going into university that really resonated with me. Happy, happy fun times-BAM Reality. It's kind of like watching Toy Story 3 again, with Andy going into college, it's something that's hard NOT to relate to. So I'm kind of awestruck and a little depressed and wary of how this show will end all at once. Here's hoping.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I watched these anime episodes this week:

-Pokemon: Black & White episodes 15, 35
-Beelzebub episode 16
-Naruto Shippuden episodes 207-209
-Bleach episode 320
-One Piece episode 495
-Fairy Tail episodes 39-42
-Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal episode 3
-The World God Only Knows episodes 1-4