• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I just finished When They Cry (DUB) and it was great. I plan on watching the sequel at some point soon because there were a lot of questions unanswered and I've read that the sequel answers some of those. Now I'm back to watching Bleach (DUB), Naruto Shippuden (SUB), and FMA (DUB).

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Angel Beats! (5) 9/10
Arakawa Under the Bridge (4) 7/10
Bleach (268) 10/10
Durarara!! (16) 10/10
Fullmetal Alchemist (3) 7/10
Hakuouki (4) 7/10
Heroman (5) 7/10
House of Five Leaves (3) 7/10
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (4) 7/10
Naruto (91) 8/10
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (174) 8/10
Rainbow (4) 9/10
Senko no Night Raid (4) 8/10
Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru (3) 5/10
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (107) 9/10

Angel Beats (7) 9/10
Arakawa Under the Bridge (6) 7/10
Bleach (270) 10/10 I can't wait for the next episode!
Durarara!! (18) 10/10 Getting really fast-paced and with only 6 episodes left, I am starting to wonder what my life will be like without this fantastic piece of work.
Fullmetal Alchemist (25) 8/10
Hakuouki (5) 8/10
Heroman (7) 6/10 Starting to get repetitive.
House of Five Leaves (5) 6/10 I don't see where the story is going at all. Hopefully it will get better soon - I hate to drop animes.
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (7) 8/10
Naruto (117) 8/10
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (176) 8/10 Woo! Go Dawn!!
Rainbow (5) 9/10
Senkou no Night Raid (4) 6/10 What happened to the action? It's all talk talk talk. Not even a mention of their supernatural powers since the first episode. Boring...
Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru (5) 7/10 I didn't think it would get good, but surprisingly it has.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (109) 8/10 Yay! Finally there's an Accel Synchro Summon...that was only like 50 episodes it took for Yusei to achieve it...

Only two exams left and then a whole week off of school to try and finish Fullmetal Alchemist and get through a tonne of Naruto episodes. Afterwards I hope to start Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fairy Tail. And then come Summer will be the new anime season....I'll only have something like 20 animes going on at the same time. Easy...:(

COMPLETED:
Bleach OVA1 - Memories In The Rain
It dawned on me that I actually ahd not watched the Bleach OVAs, and while I am not the biggest fan of OVAs, I decided that I would watch them seeing as I am your average Bleachtard.

The story is basically what the first season of the anime achieves in 20 episodes but in short. Made as a pilot for the series, we are met with Substitute-Shinigami: Ichigo Kurosaki the "hero" of the story. It is the anniversary of his mother's death and his family are on their annual grave visit.

However, being an OVA (Original Video Animation), an in depth storyline is not given and so the basic plot of Bleach is not given. Because of this Memories in the Rain suffers greatly. Although, as someone who knows the deal with Ichigo and his life it doesn't completly fail. It is also important to know that Memories In The Rain was made for readers of the manga who DO understand what is going on.

The characters stay true to themselves but the level of development is a little ridiculous in comparison to the, more sensible, time taken in the anime. We are made to believe that the devastated and depressed Ichigo's mood changes to a more positive one regarding the death of the one he loves most in 20 minutes. Yet again, Memories In The Rain suffers.

I would only reccomend this to someone who has seen/read the first arc of Bleach as a way to sum up. I do not think that the OVA does its job of attracting people to watch the anime series well at all.

7/10

Bleach OVA2 - The Sealed Sword Frenzy
The second Bleach Original Video Animation was made as purely nothing much than a little extra for the fans of the anime season following its years of commercial success.

The story is completely non-canon, but even so, the writing is done extremely well as the characters stay true to themselves and the plot is very Bleach-y. It begins with the main cast returning from Soul Society after preventing the execution of their friend Rukia Kuchiki.

The writers cleverly use fan favourite characters as the main characters and the story itself is not that bad. More emphasis is on the comedy that the series provided rather than the action and it was refreshing to watch seeing that the anime hasn't been able to crack a good joke in a while.

Although it brings nothing new to the table I enjoyed otherwise. I was amused for the entire duration of the OVA and so it deserves a:
9/10

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Already watched Pokemon D/P: Galactic Battle (liked this Gible episode, too) on Saturday morning and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Adult Swim that night.

Also, recently watched Negima!? OVAs Spring & Summer and Hayate the Combat Butler: Volume 5 on DVDs.

Seems that I'll be "busy" watching various anime this week. ^_^;

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Pokemon Sinnoh League Victors, now, I guess. And Beyblade Metal Fusion.

rekreatur

Watched She and Her Cat a while ago. It thought it was actually pretty good for a five minute long OVA. :c

Other than that, a few episodes of Katekyo Hitman Reborn! and some currently airing anime.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Angel Beats (7) 9/10
Arakawa Under the Bridge (6) 7/10
Bleach (270) 10/10 I can't wait for the next episode!
Durarara!! (18) 10/10 Getting really fast-paced and with only 6 episodes left, I am starting to wonder what my life will be like without this fantastic piece of work.
Fullmetal Alchemist (25) 8/10
Hakuouki (5) 8/10
Heroman (7) 6/10 Starting to get repetitive.
House of Five Leaves (5) 6/10 I don't see where the story is going at all. Hopefully it will get better soon - I hate to drop animes.
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (7) 8/10
Naruto (117) 8/10
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (176) 8/10 Woo! Go Dawn!!
Rainbow (5) 9/10
Senkou no Night Raid (4) 6/10 What happened to the action? It's all talk talk talk. Not even a mention of their supernatural powers since the first episode. Boring...
Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru (5) 7/10 I didn't think it would get good, but surprisingly it has.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (109) 8/10 Yay! Finally there's an Accel Synchro Summon...that was only like 50 episodes it took for Yusei to achieve it...

Angel Beats (8)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (7)
Bleach (271) Awesome episode. Ichigo vs Ulquiorra has been the best battle so far.
Durarara!! (19)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (10)
Hakuouki (7)
Heroman (8)
House of Five Leaves (6)
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (8)
Naruto: Shippuden (10)
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (177) Dawn lost!!! T_T
Rainbow (5)
Senko no Night Raid (6)
Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru (6)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (110) Jose PAWNCH!!

I can't be bothered scoring them anymore...

New series I have started: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Naruto: Shippuden

Completed:

Fullmetal Alchemist
Bones studio has never let me down and with its growing popularity especially with the manga retelling of the story, I decided to check this series out. The story is FMA’s best trait. Two young brothers who have recently lost their mother attempt to bring her back to life using the advanced science of alchemy. Although they stick to the principle of “Equivalent Exchange” – basically giving up something to gain something of equal value – they fail. Older brother, Edward Elric, loses his leg and also gives up his arm to affix his younger brother’s soul to armour as Alphonse Elric loses his entire body. Cue time-skip and the Elric brothers wish to find the Philosopher’s Stone in order to retrieve their original bodies with new maturity as they never want to try bring their mother back.

The music is strong and pleasant throughout. The openings are catchy and upbeat and the endings are more dramatic and sad.

The artwork is fantastic keeping the usual Bones’ style seen similarly in Bones’ other work e.g. Soul Eater.

Overall I was happy with this anime and with the way that the studio’s writers finished the story with their own non-manga path. The ending wasn’t quite up to standard and the story was just a bit dragged out but it had its strong points and deserves all the fame that it achieves. From me, it gets an

9/10

Naruto
For a slow-paced shounen story about a 12 year old, below-average ninja that is usually taunted for its less-than-average storyline and the dubber’s strange choice of turning the phrase “Dattebayo!” into “Believe it!”, Naruto was actually better than I expected.

As I mentioned the story of Naruto is not a particularly good one. A 12 year old ninja graduates from school, goes on missions, gets stronger and clashes with his team-mate and rival Sasuke Uchiha. Yep. That’s basically it. The characters are extremely cliché, the entire female cast do nothing, and it is dragged out from start to finish. However it does have its good points: the characters are well developed, the ninjutsu moves are cool and the fight scenes are fun to watch.

Its job was nothing more than to be a prequel to the main story – Naruto: Shippuden – and so I can compliment that it does this quite well.

The music of Naruto is the anime’s strongest point. You quickly familiarise yourself with the many upbeat Modern-meets-Traditional Japanese pieces that make everything that much more exciting. The openings boast songs by many well-known J-Rock bands such as Asian Kung-Fu Generation and FLOW and the endings are catchy as well.

As expected of any long time continuous anime, the artwork is good. The characters are dynamic and the scenery is beautiful….except for the main setting of the story: Konoha - the Hidden Village of the Leaves. It just looks ugly.

Also, once you have watched the 135 episodes of actual story, you are subjected to 85 episodes of fillers one after the other. That’s right everyone. 85 EPISODES. More than a year’s worth of episodes were filler after filler after filler...epic fail.

Overall I enjoyed watching Naruto but the series just isn’t anything that fantastic…

7/10

rocketnyasu

I watched Chrono Crusade the whole way through yesterday and today. That was one of those anime which I started watching years ago, but never finished. I'm glad I finally did. The ending was really bittersweet (more on the bitter side than the sweet side) but it was still great, I thought.

I rewatched Genshiken at some point last week. It's still one of my favorites.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Watched Pokemon D/P: Galactic Battle on Saturday morning and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Adult Swim that night.

And of those DVDs I got from RightStuf, I watched Puni Puni Poemy, Dragon Half, Itsudatte! My Santa, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's: Complete Box Set, Samurai Harem - Asu no Yoichi: Complete Collection, Wandaba Style: Complete Collection, and Tayutama - Kiss on my Deity: Complete Collection (first 6 episodes).

Ugh, watched too many DVDs within half of a week. @_@;

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I just finished my marathon run of Pokemon Advanced (DUB) and I plan on doing the same with FMA (DUB) so I can watch Brotherhood. Finished Season 5 of Naruto Shippuden (SUB) and started G Gundam (DUB), Rurouni Kenshin (DUB), and Season 7 of Bleach (DUB).

I also just watched episode 178 of Pokemon DP (RAW).

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Angel Beats (8)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (7)
Bleach (271) Awesome episode. Ichigo vs Ulquiorra has been the best battle so far.
Durarara!! (19)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (10)
Hakuouki (7)
Heroman (8)
House of Five Leaves (6)
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (8)
Naruto: Shippuden (10)
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (177) Dawn lost!!! T_T
Rainbow (5)
Senko no Night Raid (6)
Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru (6)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (110) Jose PAWNCH!!

I can't be bothered scoring them anymore...

New series I have started: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Naruto: Shippuden

Angel Beats (9)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (8)
Bleach (272)
Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion (10)
Dragon Ball Kai (2)
Durarara!! (20)
Fairy Tail (2)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (58) That's right b****es. I watched 48 episodes in a week. T_T
Hakuouki (8)
Heroman (9)
House of Five Leaves (7)
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (9)
Naruto: Shippuden (14)
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (178)
Rainbow (7)
Senko no Night Raid (6)
Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru (7)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (111)

New series I have started: Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion, Dragon Ball Kai and Fairy Tail.

Last edited:

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Watched Naruto Shippuden on Disney XD on Wednesday and is about to watch both Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Kekkaishi on Adult Swim. :D

Also, watched OtoBoku - Maidens are falling for me!: Vol.1-3 DVDs. Felt like watching it again since it's been a while since I last watched it. :/

SmartD

Finished watching Case Closed Season One a while ago. Really good stuff. I'll watch season two when I find the time to watch it.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Finished FMA (DUB), Season 7 of Bleach (DUB), and The Sacred Blacksmith (SUB). FMA was fantastic and I'm excited to start FMA: Brotherhood sometime soon. The Sacred Blacksmith was good too, but there must be a sequel planned because there was way too many loose ends.

I also watched episode 179 of Pokemon DP (RAW).

I started and finished Baccano this week. Fun little ride I must admit, even if I could only slightly follow what was going on in the 1930 and 1932 stories. Isaac/Miria and Ladd were absolute riots, especially considering I was of course watching the dub.

Now hopefully I shall get back to Trigun soon; left off on episode 6.^^

Daisenki

I find that the spring line up this year very weak, the only thing that kept my interest was/is Senkou no Night Raid. However, seeing the summer line up, I'm somewhat excited. Here's a list of what I plan to watch:

Shiki - the manga was able to hold my attention for a couple of chapters
Amagami SS - as good as KimiKiss and Tokimeki Memorial? Hopefully.
Kurenai - I am SO excited for this!
Digimon Xros Wars - will the last 2 Royal Knights finally appear?
Nurarihyon no Mago

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Angel Beats (9)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (8)
Bleach (272)
Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion (10)
Dragon Ball Kai (2)
Durarara!! (20)
Fairy Tail (2)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (58) That's right b****es. I watched 48 episodes in a week. T_T
Hakuouki (8)
Heroman (9)
House of Five Leaves (7)
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (9)
Naruto: Shippuden (14)
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (178)
Rainbow (7)
Senko no Night Raid (6)
Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru (7)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (111)

New series I have started: Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion, Dragon Ball Kai and Fairy Tail.

Angel Beats (10)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (9)
Bleach (273)
Dragon Ball Kai (2)
Durarara!! (21)
Fairy Tail (2)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (59)
Hakuouki (8)
Heroman (10)
House of Five Leaves (8)
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (10)
Naruto: Shippuden (16)
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (179)
Rainbow (7)
Sengoku Basara (1)
Senko no Night Raid (6)
Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru (8)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (112)

New series I have started: Sengoku Basara. I will probably also start watching Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 soon but I am back at school so I won't be able to until the summer.

Completed:
Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion
Story - 9/10
Artwork - 8/10
Music - 9/10
Characters - 7/10
Overall - 9/10

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Recently finished Higurashi Kai, and it was freaking amazing. To think I once hated this series. The first season isn't that exceptional, but this second season was pretty damn incredible.

At the moment, I'm keeping up with Hetalia and Fairy Tail, as well as watching some Shugo Chara and G Gundam.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
I've been watching Kiss X Sis lately. None of you young kids here are allowed to watch that. It's very wrong. XD

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Watched Naruto Shippuden on Wednesday night on Disney XD and Pokemon D/P: Sinnoh League Victors and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's on Saturday Morning and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Kekkaishi on Adult Swim that night.

Already watched Dojin Work: Volume 1 DVD today. (cuz I was bored. :p)