• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Wednesday Night: Naruto Shippuden

Saturday Morning: Pokemon D/P: Sinnoh League Victors, BeyBlade: Metal Fusion

Saturday Evening: Bleach, Kekkaishi

As for the DVDs, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2: Complete Collection (first 11 episodes). Goodness, the Endless Eight was killing me until the end of the episode 9. @_@

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
  • Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 5
    Teenagers being stupid and ignorant (and unusually warped standards and slightly crazy), and little sisters being ungrateful as well as physically abusive, Kyouske, I salute you for your perseverance. Next episode focuses on Manami, thankfully a breather from all this unbelievable amount of biatches in this episode.
  • Yosuga no Sora Episode 5
    We go back in time to wear Haru meets Akira instead of her sister outside of the girl’s locker room. Unsurprisingly, they pull-off the classic: “we met when we were kids, and we share memories only the two of us know” thing, now I’m fine with all that because they moved on pretty quickly, as well as showing another problem at hand, her sister’s mother, who unlike his husband, despises her. What will our hero do now?

Also, I find it somewhat saddening that we will get to see Sora jealous and pained, over his brother being with other girls until it is her turn, I kind of hoping that she has multi-dimensional awareness when her arc comes, and states to her brother that she keeps seeing him being taken-away so many times from her, though that probably won’t happen.

Also, early sex scene.
  • The World God Only Knows Episode 4
    Hilarious rendition of a short chapter in the manga, truly Keima is the god of galge.
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 4
    The Anglican Church, The Amakusa Catholics and Touma go rescue Orsola from the Roman Catholics. With a massive battle occurring, I was delighted with this episode, even though it lacked the animation quality that was present from the first episode; and with cameos from several Amakusa Catholics that should not appear until the 4th arc, as well as Itsuwa’s spear techniques, this is episode was pretty enjoyable. Anyway, seems like Rie can’t pull of the crazy ***** sound when she was beating on Orsola, though I loved the voice she pulls out when her character gets into trouble. Though, kind of disappointing that they left out the part from the Light Novel where she states that all non-Roman Catholics are beast and marrying one is equal to bestiality.

Lots of nun abuse during this episode, which is alright by me, as they were abusing a single nun as well over the probability that she can end the age of cross, though that’s understandable, they could’ve at least left her alone and waited for them to be able to get off of Japan and return to the Vatican to execute her. Though their behavior can be explained by their extremist devotion and zealotry, speaking of which, they stabbed their eardrums with pens as so they could not hear that Index was using her ability to point out the contradictions of the Roman Catholic doctrines (which basically screws the minds of those who live by those doctrines).

I wonder if this season will get licensed by Funimation as well, seeing it having so many references to actual abuse by and on religious figures. Next episode is the climax, with our heroes beating more nuns.

Also, their battle nuns, extremely dangerous battle nuns that are also crazy, so it’s okay.

Last edited:

SmartD

Watching Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's right now. I have a lot (and I do mean a lot) of catching up to do.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge (4)
Bakuman (4)
Bleach (294)
Digimon Xros Wars (13)
Gintama (133)
Hakuouki Hekketsuroku (3)
Kuragehime (2)
Legend of the Legendary Heroes (17)
Naruto: Shippuden (183)
Nurarihyon no Mago (17)
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (5)
Pokemon: Best Wishes! (7)
Psychic Detective Yakumo (4)
Shiki (13)
Star Driver: Takuto of the Radiance (4)
The World God Only Knows (4)
Togainu no Chi (4)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (133)

Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge (4)
Bakuman (5)
Bleach (295)
Digimon Xros Wars (13)
Gintama (133)
Hakuouki Hekketsuroku (3)
Kuragehime (3)
Legend of the Legendary Heroes (17)
Naruto: Shippuden (184)
Nurarihyon no Mago (18)
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (5)
Pokemon: Best Wishes! (8)
Psychic Detective Yakumo (5)
Shiki (14)
Star Driver: Takuto of the Radiance (5)
The World God Only Knows (5)
Togainu no Chi (4)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (133)

simplyabbey

DBZ - History of Trunks

My Fall schedule so far:

Watching (vaguely ordered by my opinion of the show's quality):

Ore No Imouto (5)
Bakuman (5)
Yosuga no Sora (5)
Shinryaku! Ika Musume (5)
Panty and Stocking with GarterBelt (5)
MM! (5)
Kuragehime (2)
Togainu no Chi (4)
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru (4)

Dropped:

Star Driver
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls (will pick this up upon BD release)

Yet to try out:

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Fortune Arterial
Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai

Outside of the fall schedule, Im also watching Lucky Star, up to ep 22.

Jagged Little Pill

the good life
Updated once again.

School Days (1)
Lucky Star (5)
Higurashi Kai (rewatch 14)
Higurashi Rei (5)
Umineko no Naku Koro ni (rewatch 1)

Somewhat stuck in School Days...

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
I've been on a low with watching animé for a while now. There's a Pokémon marathon along with the new episode coming on tomorrow and a new episode of Bleach which is in the middle of a filler arc sadly. other than that, I've tried with Deltora Quest and it's alright so far. The constant music is quite annoying though. It reminds me of Pokémon when 4Kids used to dub it.

SmartD

Still watching Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. I'm almost near the end of the first season.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Recently caught up with two anime episodes I hadn't watched:

Bleach 295: It was a pretty bland episode. The beginning was pretty cool since it started where the previous episode had left off, but then things got all repetitive with some flashbacks being shown during the end of the episode. It was almost like watching a Filler episode, which was sort of icky. It was average for a Bleach episode though.

Pokemon Best Wishes 8: It was probably less entertaining than I had wanted but it was still pretty darn good for just the eighth episode in the series. Lots of funny moments and a great anime soundtrack based on the in-game BGM, made this episode stand out where others failed in the past. It was pretty fun to watch so I'm glad I tuned in.

SmartD

Finished the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. It was pretty cool.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
  • Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 6
    Loved this episode, mostly because the title character isn’t actually in it, huh, there must be a law somewhere that a show’s popularity is inversely proportional to the amount of presence the title character has in each episode.

Anyway, episode focuses on Kyouske’s friend Manami and the crazy hijinks they get into with the girl’s family who is practically begging Kyouske to take her already, though it is kind of obvious Manami won’t get him in the end, it was nice to see how she actually cares for him and how ultra-compatible couple they would be.

Rest of the screentime is focused on Kirino hugging a dakimakura and abusing furniture and Kyouske’s door for apparently hanging out with Manami. Derp. Surprisingly, the parents actually acknowledged that their son was not present during dinner time.
  • Yosuga no Sora Episode 6
    First off, Akira’s path expands (if I understood this episode correctly) this crazed-up family angle. In her sister’s route, it was revealed that Akira was the illegitimate child of Kazuhe’s father, even then the father is still loved her. In this route, we discover that Kazuhe’s mother actually met a child Akira and was fond of her, so much so that she gave her the necklace she owned, which was all conveniently covered up by Haru’s grandmother. This was the same necklace that Haru and Akira lost when they were kids.

The ending of the route went better than expected; here, even though Akira is not a child of Kazuhe’s mother, she still apologized for being dishonest to her, and hiding the truth from her; if she that from the beginning, this entire drama of Akira apparently hurt for not being wanted would’ve been avoided.

On a side note, there was of course a sex scene during this episode. Slightly more explicit, as Haru is naked, though only their nipples are shown and everything else occurs offscreen. But damn they were just the cutest when they said "squeeze" to each other.
  • The World God Only Knows Episode 5
    Kanon’s arc is now up, though nothing notable as of yet is occurring, but I am slightly impressed on how they presented the episode, as there were a LOT of singing from Kanon, which was to be expected.
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 5
    Touma and the others retreat as the nuns overwhelm them, cornered and unable to use The Book of the Law using Orsola’s deciphering technique (as it was incorrect), Touma is forced to do battle with Agnese, while Stiyl uses his rune cards to summon a very large version of Innocentius to strike fear on the nuns, who still pretty much overwhelmed them. However, the nun’s resolve quickly waver as they see that their leader can easily be taken down by Touma.

The most enjoyable episode in the arc thus far, not only did we get to see Innocentius again and the great contrast between the fire effects (J.C. Staff sure like embers) and the ambience of the night. But we get to see an extremely detailed shot of Touma punching a psycho-***** little girl (Agnese). Now she was asking for it mind you, and she was trying to kill him and everybody else in the bloody church they were in, and Touma needed to knock her out to destroy the confidence of the nuns. Rie Kugimiya haters must’ve loved this episode, and the punch somewhat dramatic to boot.

The hospital scene with Touma and Kaori could’ve been done much better though, as I wished they’d at least leave in the conversation from the novel where Kaori is still actually 18. Though, a blushing older woman to an oblivious (probably uncaring) young nice guy is still hilarious to see.

The final scene with Laura and Stiyl could’ve been done much better, as Laura was simply portrayed her wily nature, though it should have included the part from the novel where it is revealed how truly wicked she truly is, the one who ordered the erasure of Index’ memories in a yearly basis, and the one who also lied that Index needed her memories erased because she was suffering from the fact that Laura input a spell to make her stuff. This nature would probably be later revisited soon so I’m not worried.

Next arc is Kuroko’s arc, and finally a closure for Mikoto’s arc from the previous season. This will surely delight Toaru Kagaku no Railgun fans, as they’d get to see more the classic Railgun moments, such as tea and esper crimefighting. Accelerator and Last Order get their debut during this arc as well.

Orphee

no need to be upset
I'm currently watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, my favorite anime as of now. Also, finished High School of the Dead, pretty awesome too.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
The Yu-Gi-Oh! dub, since 4Kids (gasp! Boo! Hiss!) are uploading the whole series onto their YouTube channel so I can watch it easily and for free. I'm nearing the end of the Grand Championship arc just now.

I was following GX too, but they seem to have stopped uploading it at the end of season 2.