• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Plus that ending... That ****ING ENDING MAN.
A goddamn giant rainbow bee brings Sion back to life. What. The. ****.

The thing I hate most about that, was the same person who turned into a giant rainbow bee was blown up like 5 minutes prior to bringing Sion back to life.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Appleseed XIII - 2
Blue Exorcist - 22
Dantalian no Shoka - 10
Death Note (Again) - 19
Hanasaku Iroha - 24
Kaiji Hakairoku Hen - 24
Mawaru Penguindrum - 8
Mayo Chiki! - 11
Nichijou - 24
No.6 - 11 - COMPLETE THANK GOD
Steins;Gate - 23 - COMPLETE OH GOD

Tiger & Bunny - 24
Trigun (Again) - 18
Usagi Drop - 11 COMPLETE

So that knocks three anime off the list. Tiger & Bunny is ending tonight right?

This was the episode I've been waiting for. I just didn't know it. I felt the season was missing a little something and here it was. Kaiji bawling his eyes out. The despair! I love it! Him turning to Ichijou and asking to call it a draw was priceless. This is why I love Kaiji, and this is why I love this show. The raw emotion! Plus I was literally on the edge of my seat when those balls jumped. Oh, and I love "dead" Kaiji with the awesome hair!

I figure the way this will end is they'll have to keep the game going because the balls are still moving and then that battery will run out. This is just speculation of course.

Cnidaria

YOU FOOLS!! D:<
Just finished;
No.6 ;416; - I actually liked the ending. The only problem was it was rushed. Some parts needed a bit more development.
If it was spread out over an extra episode, it could've been much better. But at least it wasn't completely random;
The Beelyurias thing made sense, if you think about it. The bees suck the life out of their victims when they hatch, reducing them to a dried out corpse. After the tornados disappeared, they combined into what we can assume to be Eluryias, who then healed Shion and Nezumi. So it could be possible that the life the Bees took out of their hosts was transferred into the two. Plus Elyurias is a god so it'd make sense she'd have some sort of life-giving power. Also, Safu/Elyurias was never blown up, they escaped the building via tornado. And it wouldn't matter anyways. Elyurias is a god. I'm sure she can handle a little explosion. xD

Currently Watching;
Tiger & Bunny- Either this is going to be Amazing or just Amazingly Good. It honestly depends where Sunrise decides to go with the ending.

Dantalian no Shoka- This series is really starting to drag without any character development. Pity. I guess I just have to think of it as an episodic series. It kinda reminds me of those 'scary short stories' books tbh. Also I'm getting tired of the Normal Guy+Crazy/Nonhuman Girl theme popping up in each episode. Mix it up for goodness sakes! D:

Ao no Exorcist- Oh goody. An anime original ending. I sorta wish we got filler instead of this. But hey, at least the animation is pretty. :3

Mawaru Penguindrum- I've gone from loving the premise to hating the execution. Each episode leaves me with more questions than I had from the last, and I don't feel like we're going to get explanations any time soon. I also feel like they're overloading on symbolism to the point where it's pretentious. I'm sick of the Survival Strategy! clip. And I hate Ringo. The only reason why I haven't dropped it yet is so I can have a valid reason to rant about it.

Last edited:

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Digimon: Digital Monsters 24/54
Dragon Ball 66/153
Hakuouki Hekketsuroku 5/10
Medabots 1/52
Pokemon 117/276
Prince of Tennis 2/178
Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Airing 12/13

Now if there was an actual subbed version of Medabots I'd continue watching. Currently that one's on hoild.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Saturday Morning: BeyBlade: Metal Masters, Pokemon: Black & White, Sonic X, Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge, DragonBallZ Kai, Yu-Gi-Oh! (wanted to include Tai Chi Chasers, but since it's from Korea, it's not an anime)

Saturday Night: Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, Durarara!!, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

DVDs:

Bleach: Box Set Ten
K-ON!: Volume 3

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Just finished;
No.6 ;416; - I actually liked the ending. The only problem was it was rushed. Some parts needed a bit more development.
If it was spread out over an extra episode, it could've been much better. But at least it wasn't completely random;
The Beelyurias thing made sense, if you think about it. The bees suck the life out of their victims when they hatch, reducing them to a dried out corpse. After the tornados disappeared, they combined into what we can assume to be Eluryias, who then healed Shion and Nezumi. So it could be possible that the life the Bees took out of their hosts was transferred into the two. Plus Elyurias is a god so it'd make sense she'd have some sort of life-giving power. Also, Safu/Elyurias was never blown up, they escaped the building via tornado. And it wouldn't matter anyways. Elyurias is a god. I'm sure she can handle a little explosion. xD

I thought that
Sion and Nezumi dying would have made up for some of the horrible last episode, but then they pull some deus ex machina type ending.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Just finished durarara now watching baccano!

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Kirby Right Back at Ya. because kirby is awesome and its very watchable subbed. plus it has the most epic ending theme ever(and a pretty awesome starting one too.) its so quirky and cute i just love it :D

mockingjay

swift and lol
Almost finished Angel Beats. Words can't express on how good his anime is, it's just amazing and really changes your mindset on things.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Just finished;

I could go on and on about how terrible No. 6 is and how saying "Elyurias is a God so it makes sensse" is a bull excuse for the deus ex machina ending but you know what? I don't have to! A journalist did it for me!

Appleseed XIII - 2
Blue Exorcist - 23
Dantalian no Shoka - 10
Death Note (Again) - 19
Hanasaku Iroha - 25
Kaiji Hakairoku Hen - 24
Mawaru Penguindrum - 8
Mayo Chiki! - 11
Nichijou - 25
Tiger & Bunny - 25 - COMPLETE
Trigun (Again) - 18

Cnidaria

I could go on and on about how terrible No. 6 is and how saying "Elyurias is a God so it makes sensse" is a bull excuse for the deus ex machina ending but you know what? I don't have to! A journalist did it for me!

I enjoyed the anime and that's all there is to it. Is the ending poorly executed? Of course. I was trying to make light of it with my last post, if you couldn't tell. ;P But it's what you come to expect from short series like this, they rarely have good endings, rarely. The issue was the writers bit off more than they could chew by giving us such a build up to a fantastic dystopian society/scifi plot and only having one episode left to finish everything up. Had this been a 24 episode series, it would've been leagues better. But they just had to work with what they had. And they did a pretty good job. None of the episodes seemed pointless or like a waste of time. They just had too much content, for too little time.

I have to say I loved No.6, bull ending and all. I started watching it for the promise of an awesome plot, but the development of Nezumi and Shion's relationship was also surprisingly enjoyable to watch. In my opinion, a crap ending doesn't make a until-that-point amazing anime bad. I'm not going to get so caught up in my opinion towards the ending that I'm going to disregard everything else I thought about the series.

Seems like the general consensus among 'journalists'/reviewers as well;
REVIEW 1 REWIEW 2 REVIEW 3 REVIEW 4

Vernikova

Champion
I got the "K-ON!" Bandai dub on Blu-Ray a little while back (4 episodes for $30? I think I got trolled by Amazon. I should've went with Right Stuf). Anyway, I prefer the Animax dub but I'm enjoying the series so far. I don't know whether I should the the next volume though.

No one mention how I should've waited for box sets or something though. I acted on impulse sadly.

EDIT: Oh god, there don't even seem to be box sets with the Bandai dub out with a quick Google and Bing search. Oh Bandai.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I enjoyed the anime and that's all there is to it. Is the ending poorly executed? Of course. I was trying to make light of it with my last post, if you couldn't tell. ;P But it's what you come to expect from short series like this, they rarely have good endings, rarely. The issue was the writers bit off more than they could chew by giving us such a build up to a fantastic dystopian society/scifi plot and only having one episode left to finish everything up. Had this been a 24 episode series, it would've been leagues better. But they just had to work with what they had. And they did a pretty good job. None of the episodes seemed pointless or like a waste of time. They just had too much content, for too little time.

I have to say I loved No.6, bull ending and all. I started watching it for the promise of an awesome plot, but the development of Nezumi and Shion's relationship was also surprisingly enjoyable to watch. In my opinion, a crap ending doesn't make a until-that-point amazing anime bad. I'm not going to get so caught up in my opinion towards the ending that I'm going to disregard everything else I thought about the series.

Seems like the general consensus among 'journalists'/reviewers as well;
REVIEW 1 REWIEW 2 REVIEW 3 REVIEW 4

For me it wasn't just the ending, I disliked it the entire way through. But hey, to each his own right? We can agree to disagree and also that the ending was flipping ridiculous.

Appleseed XIII - 2
Blue Exorcist - 23
Dantalian no Shoka - 10
Death Note (Again) - 20
Hanasaku Iroha - 25
Kaiji Hakairoku Hen - 25
Mawaru Penguindrum - 8
Mayo Chiki! - 11
Nichijou - 25
Trigun (Again) - 19

HOLY ****BALLS IT'S OVER.

Cnidaria

For me it wasn't just the ending, I disliked it the entire way through. But hey, to each his own right? We can agree to disagree and also that the ending was flipping ridiculous.

Ah, I see, it's one of those instances where it would've needed an amazing ending to win you over. The only thing I disliked the whole way through was the opening. It sounds like a cat in heat auto-tuned. I had to skip it every. single. episode. Also the song played in the next episode previews sounded pretty awful. I think it was supposed to give an air of uncertainty and chaos, but it sounds like they pushed a one-man band down two flights of stairs.

But back to the series itself;
The ending was unarguably poorly executed, but I was bracing for it.
I'd probably be in the same boat as you if I didn't enjoy the buildup.

I think it's going to be that way with me and Penguindrum. My love for it has steadily gone downhill since episode one, so unless it pulls off some kind of crazy good ending, my opinion won't really change. It's weird because it has tons of things I love; neat visuals, an aquarium/sea animal motif, and symbolism. But I feel like it's too over the top and abstract at times, I'm tired of Ringo being Ringo (and it being treated as comic relief, really, she's completely messed up, and I'm finding it harder and harder to find her desperate attempts funny.)and the pacing feels really inconsistent. But there's going to be 24 episodes, so here's hoping it turns around. I really want to like Penguindrum. I really do. xC

Ausgirl

I've nearly finished watching Neon Genesis (excluding the movies). I'd reccommend it to anyone who likes robots.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Kinda a copy of my last post, but it has some updates to it:

Chobits (Nearly finished, kinda stalled at the moment, even if I only have 4 episodes or so left... well, whatever's on the last disc of the complete dvd collection from FUNi.)
Code Geass - DROPPED
Dragon Ball Season 1
Dragon Ball Z (on hold until I get the next Dragon Box I need)
Dragon Ball Z Kai (on hold until around October 10th, when Nicktoons'll be airing new episodes again
Pretty Cure (This has been on hold FOR MONTHS, but I'll try to remember where I left off and start from there.)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (On hold until I finish some other anime.)
Sailor Moon Stars (Next episode I'm going to watch in a minute is 169, so at the moment, so far I've watched 168 out of the whole series).
Tokyo Mew Mew (long story why I haven't watched it all yet... technically on hold)

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Saturday Morning: BeyBlade: Metal Masters, Pokemon: Black & White

Saturday Night: Bleach, Durarara!!, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

DVDs:

Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu: Season Three
MM!: Complete Collection
Samurai Girls: Complete Collection

Streaming:

Kiss x Sis (tv series)

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I've nearly finished watching Neon Genesis (excluding the movies). I'd reccommend it to anyone who likes robots.

LOL NOT ACTUALLY ROBOTS

Appleseed XIII - 2
Blue Exorcist - 24
Dantalian no Shoka - 11
Death Note (Again) - 21
Hanasaku Iroha - 26 - COMPLETE

Kaiji Hakairoku Hen - 25
Mawaru Penguindrum - 11
Mayo Chiki! - 12
Nichijou - 26 - COMPLETE
Trigun (Again) - 20

I seriously though Blue Exorcist would be done by now. Well crud, looks like I'm sitting through another couple of episodes. At least this episode had Shura lose that jacket and gave her some room to bounce around.

Hanasaku Iroha had a great ending. I hadn't realized it until it was too late but I think I'm gonna miss this one a little.

Speaking of shows I'm gonna miss...

[img139]http://metanorn.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Nichijou00017-210x200.jpg[/img139]

NICHIJOU. ALL OF MY SAD.