• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Watching:

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - 1/?
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - 6/25

On Hunter X Hunter: I've never actually seen the first Hunter X Hunter anime, despite being a fan of the manga. Watching it was just one of those things I never got round to doing. So when I saw that a reboot was coming, I thought 'might as well'. Anyway, there's not actually much to say on it, there only being one episode, but I have to say that Gon really knows how to catch a fish in this version (compared to the manga, dunno about the old anime, as I said). Also, I felt what with the squeezing of two very distinct chapters into one episode, Mito's character was left a little one-dimensional. I know she's only a minor character, but it seems mean to rob her of what little development she had. Lack of Kon was sadface, too. I could also complain about lack of Kite but I'm sure we'll get that flashback a bit later instead (with Kon as well, I'll grant you, but I prefer grown-up Kon), what with him being so important later on (much later, admittedly).

Wardek

U & I
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu 4/13 +
Kamisama no Memochou 6/12
Nichijou 7/26
Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen 11/24
One Piece 516/-
Maria†Holic 10/12
Hunter X Hunter 2011 1/?

a good chance for me to complete hxh, by rewatching it.

Caught up with Pokemon Best Wishes!, finally. I still need to catch up on Ao no Exorcist and Tiger & Bunny though, and I've been wanting to try out Nichijou for a while now. I've been slacking off in my anime watching lately...

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Bakuman 2 - 1
Death Note (Again) - 21
Fate/Stay Night - 10
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - 1
Mawaru Penguindrum - 13
Persona 4 The Animation - 1
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume - 2
Trigun (Again) - 20

I just started watching Ao No Exorcist and Toriko. What could be better than an anime where the main character looks for food?!

An anime where the main character is involved in life or death gambles and has to outsmart his opponents and endure intense pain in order to succeed. Hey, you asked. ;P

Rezzo

Occasionally
An anime where the main character is involved in life or death gambles and has to outsmart his opponents and endure intense pain in order to succeed. Hey, you asked. ;P

Hah, unfortunately I have no idea what anime you are talking about though, please tell...

I have read a manga that follows along those lines, called "Liar Game". It's a good read, but the main character is annoyingly dopey.

Watching:

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - 1/?
Chihayafuru - 1/25
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - 7/25

Looks like I've got another Autumn anime to be watching. When I heard that a new series was starting about a traditional Japanese game, the Hikaru no Go fan in me simply couldn't resist. And this show looks like it's going to be really quite good stuff! I partcularly like the pleasant characters who, rather than being cut to the shape of specific anime archetypes, really do appear to be just people.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
The World God Only Knows - 3/12
Deadman Wonderland - 3/12
Tiger & Bunny - 3/25
Steins;Gate - 3/24
When the Seagulls Cry - 6/26
Squid Girl (Season 2) - 2/12
Chihayafuru - 1/25
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle - 1/25 (I may drop this if it doesn't get better)

The top five are anime series that I'm watching as part of the university's anime society, so it'll be a while before those are finished (I would have dropped When the Seagulls Cry had I been watching it independently). I'm pretty early in all of these series, so it's quite exciting seeing how they all develop!

Seem

Hollen i ven.
The autumn releases are rather mediocre. Waiting for UNGO and Guilty Crown to air.

Aria the Animation: 2/13
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukinai: 1/?
C3: 1/?
Chihayafuru: 1/13
Hetalia World Series Extra Episodes: 3/?
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira: 2/4
Kimi to Boku: 1/13
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon: 1/12
Mawaru Penguindrum: 4/24
Monster: 40/74
Persona 4 the Animation: 1/?
Pokemon Best Wishes!: 53/?
Tamayura: Hitose: 1/?

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon was like walking into Gaiaonline. Melon breasts, pervert main character and over 9000 side characters didn't do it for me either. I will most likely drop it, haha.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Kaiji, go watch it, NOW!

I'm going I'm going, please don't hurt me!!!

Lulz

Bakuman 2 - 2
Death Note (Again) - 21
Fate/Stay Night - 16
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - 1
Mawaru Penguindrum - 13
Persona 4 The Animation - 1
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume - 2
Trigun (Again) - 20

Bakuman 2 was great, now I remember why I loved this series so much.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Appleseed XIII 2/13
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! 13/13 - Comete
Beelzebub 37/-

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 15/26 (Rewatching)
K-ON!! 26/26 - Complete
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 3/6
Morita-san wa Mukuchi 13/13 - Complete
Naruto: Shippuuden 231/-
Pokemon Best Wishes! 47/-
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume 2/-
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 1/- - If the first episode was anything to go by this anime is going to be awesome.
Seitokai no Ichizon 6/12

Last edited:

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
I've been catching up on the 2 animé I always watch: Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! Since I've been busy with studies lately to have time to watch any animé.
Pokémon Black and White - BW 33 "Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster!"
Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal - 25 "The Time Comes, Three Suns Appear"

Wardek

U & I
FINALLY ONE PIECE ENTERED THE NEW WORLD ARC IN THE ANIME.

Just watched One Piece ep 618, I'm sad they didn't show how Luffy talked to the beasts at the beggining of the arc (as shown in the manga).

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
The Final Episode of Gurren Lagann. I must admit this is the first anime I've watched thoroughly except for Pokemon and One Piece (I haven't seen all of the episodes of One Piece, though. I plan to some day.)

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Saturday Morning: BeyBlade: Metal Masters, Pokemon: Black & White

Saturday Night: Bleach, Durarara!!

Streaming: Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! (ep.1-12)

DVDs:

Pokemon: Zoroark - Master of Illusions

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Appleseed XIII 2/13
Beelzebub 37/-
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 18/26 (Rewatching)
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 3/6
Morita-san wa Mukuchi second season 1/13
Naruto: Shippuuden 231/-
Pokemon Best Wishes! 47/-
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume 3/-
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 1/-
Seitokai no Ichizon 12/12 -Complete
The IdolM@ster 5/26
Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai 4/12
Mirai Nikki 1/-

The first episode of Mirai Nikki was awesome! Need more now please.