• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Bakuman 2 - 2
Death Note (Again) - 21
Fate/Stay Night - 24 - COMPLETE
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - 1
Mawaru Penguindrum - 13
Persona 4 The Animation - 1
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume - 2
Trigun (Again) - 20

Finished Fate/Stay Night. The final third was much better than I expected, which was good.

Joelerz

Your Fateful Battle
Dragon Ball z 4 episodes left [Again]

Wardek

U & I
Mirai Nikki is an awesome shizt. Makes me wanna read the manga instead of waiting for weekly episodes.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
The World God Only Knows - 4/12
Deadman Wonderland - 4/12
Tiger & Bunny - 4/25
Steins;Gate - 4/24
When the Seagulls Cry - 8/26
Squid Girl (Season 2) - 3/12
Chihayafuru - 2/25
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle - 2/25

With the strength of characterisation in Chihayafuru, it could centre around wallpapering and still retain my interest. It's looking very good so far!

Watching:

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - 2/?
Chihayafuru - 2/25
Future Diary - 1/26
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - 9/25

With the strength of characterisation in Chihayafuru, it could centre around wallpapering and still retain my interest. It's looking very good so far!

Totally agree. But even without that, 'girly Hikaru no Go' already seemed like a winning premise in my mind. And it's so pretty, as well!

Episode 2 of Hunter X Hunter was definitely an improvement on the first. Focusing on the somewhat slight pre-exam tasks, the two-distinct-chapters-put-into-two-halves-of-an-episode approach was certainly a better idea than with the more substantial opening chapter (I think a WHOLE EPISODE based around the Two-Choice Quiz would have been physically painful to sit through). No cutbacks or squeezing was needed here, pretty much everything made it through, and it all felt more natural than the last one. And I suppose this one will have been better to Hunter X Hunter rookies who don't already know the characters as they're starting to be potrayed as more than just walking cliches (well, Gon and Leorio are, Kurapika will have to wait). Plus, I just really liked Kiriko's 'keekeekeekee!' (massive props to the VA) and the quiz guys pitiful little fanfare.

So, Future Diary. My third Autumn anime (I wasn't planning on watching so many!), and it's pretty good. A good setup for the real action while having some good action of its own. Plus, a scary Yandere. Improves any anime!

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
The first episode of Mirai Nikki was awesome! Need more now please.

Yes!
I found the manga a chore to get into, but I really enjoyed the first episode.

Also;

Gundam AGE - Never watched a Gundam series, but the character designs in this series are really appealing.
Chihayafuru - because I need a chill series to tide me over until Natsume Yuujinchou starts again.
Hunter x Hunter 2011 - because the original series was a masterpiece. This one's a bit iffy, however.
Phi Brain - Kami no Puzzle - I don't even know why I'm watching this. It's nothing special.
Mawaru Penguindrum - because it's HILARIOUS and beautiful.

Janovy

Banned
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai! - Episode 1 (pretty amusing beginning)
Mirai Nikki - Episode 1 (I feel like I'm going to love this)
Pokémon Best Wishes - Episode 52 (Pokémon FTW!)
Digimon Xros Wars - Episode 56 (The new arc has potential, we'll see how this goes)

I'm so happy I decided to check out Mirai Nikki. :D

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I think a WHOLE EPISODE based around the Two-Choice Quiz would have been physically painful to sit through

Agreed. I was almost certain that I knew what the answer to the quiz was. The question was "Both your son and daughter have been kidnapped. You can only save one" right? Well since they said that you can only say "one" or "two" as an answer I though it had to be "one". Because it said that "You can only save one" in the question, see? Like a sort of play-on-words. I still like what they went with either ending would have worked.

Bakuman 2 - 2
Bleach - 343
Death Note (Again) - 21
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - 2
Mawaru Penguindrum - 13
Persona 4 The Animation - 1
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume - 3
Trigun (Again) - 20

While I have sat out for the last couple years of Bleach I decided to check out this new arc, as I liked how the manga did it.

Edit: 4000! W00t!

Last edited:

Pupmon1

Dark-Fire
Watching:
Pokemon Advanced Battle
Naruto
Ojamajo Doremi (Japanese)

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
Naruto Shippuden
Gintama
Fairy Tail
Rosario + Vampire
Shinryaku! Ika Musume (Season 1)

Naruto(Original Series)- episode 52...

I have a question about Naruto. I'll post it and if someone knows the answer can you please vm/pm me?

I noticed that the finals of the Chunin exams are set in a tourney style and the first round is interrupted by Kabuto. Do they ever finish the chunin exam finals or do they leave it alone?

ForeverFlame

Future Diary was a lot better than I expected. I am very impressed with what they've done to it. All they need to do now is get rid of the horrid ending that the manga had.

Sadly, Persona 4 didn't live up to my expectations. It was a great adaption, but I was bored by it, honestly. I'd rather just play the game.

I'm going to continue watching both of them though. I'm also watching Digimon, HxH, Bakuman (I still think the Anime is ruining the manga), etc., but they're nothing new.

Janovy

Banned
I just watched Guilty Crown. It was pretty action-packed and interesting.

But what's up with these 'secluded from the social life' protagonists? o.o

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Appleseed XIII 2/13
Beelzebub 37/-
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 18/26 (Rewatching)
Morita-san wa Mukuchi second season 1/13
Naruto: Shippuuden 232/-
Pokemon Best Wishes! 47/-
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume 3/-
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 2/-
The iDOLM@STER 15/26
Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai 12/12 - Complete

Mirai Nikki 1/-
Toradora! 3/25
Guilty Crown 1/-

Watched the first episode of Guilty Crown, and all I have to say is "OMG, Inori, OMG".

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Over the past two weeks, I've caught up with various anime episodes:

• Pokemon: Black & White episodes 30-35, 46-49
  • Naruto Shippuden episode 231
  • Bleach episode 340
  • One Piece episodes 516-518
  • Beelzebub episode 36
  • Death Note episodes 15-20
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal episode 20
  • Durarara!! episodes 10-13
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood episodes 44-49

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Aria the Animation: 3/13
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukinai: 2/?
C3: 2/?
Chihayafuru: 2/25
Guilty Crown: 1/22
Hetalia World Series Extra Episodes: 3/?
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira: 2/4
Kimi to Boku: 2/13
Mawaru Penguindrum: 14/24
Mirai Nikki: 1/26
Monster: 40/74
Persona 4 the Animation: 2/?
Pokemon Best Wishes!: 53/?
Tamayura: Hitose: 2/?
UN-GO: 1/11

Guilty Crown was quite good despite the typical "pull weapon from girl's chest" scenario. UN-GO looks decent for a detective series so might have to get used to the pointy chins.

Ambre

Power of Water
I just started FMP the second raid once again. On episode two.
High school of the daed. ep 5/12
FMA FINISHED!!!
Case Closed 143
My brides a mermaid ep 5
Nana ep 12