• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

madmarine0

Nymph ニンフ <3
I'm watching Amagami SS :3

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Just watched Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira.

I'm going to start off by saying I'm a big fan of the series. It was surprisingly deep once you got into the second season, and I think its concept is unlike any I've ever seen. The art was great, the voices were great, and the stark contrast it employs between the beginning and end of every arc is phenomenal.

Kira blows.

It blows a lot.

And I've only seen two episodes, so that's pretty incredible.

Kira begins with Keichii sitting in his classroom, crying about the penalty games inflicted on him. So the doctor, photographer, and police man jump down through the ceiling and begin telling him what penalty games he should use on his classmates. What follows is about fifteen minutes of disturbing cheesecake about all the characters, including
a ten year old, that being Rika, wiping a window with her ***.
Then it switches to Satoshi spoon-feeding Keichii yogurt while they both wear maid costumes as a penalty game the girls use. Finally it ends the same way the first arc does - Keichii killing himself by scratching his throat. Which has no effect on the viewer because the rest of it was so freaking stupid.

I had to skip some of it, it was so bad. But I held hope it would just be one filler episode before the actual stuff starts.

Dead wrong!

The next episode featured Rika and Satoko travelling to another dimension where Rika is a magical girl and she has to fight some evil magic power or something. And by a "magical girl", I mean she has a freaking wand and cat ears and everything. I kid you not. It was like reading horrible fanfiction, except the technical aspects of the fanfiction had a budget behind it.

It has the same voice actors, who do as best a job as they can. It has art that's actually improved from the previous incarnations. But the plot is just so terrible and so asinine that it was impossible to enjoy. I don't think the writers know why people enjoyed Higurashi in the first place. It wasn't for the big-eyed cartoon chicks, it was for all the reasons I listed previously, a great show that stood out from the crowd.

Wow, that was a rant. Well, I'm done, I guess.

EDIT: Oh, right, and the intro was unbelievably bad. I liked the first two season's, the third's was alright, but now it's some annoying, high pitched J-Pop. Good lord..

ForeverFlame

I dropped Kira after ten minutes. I'm never going back. Hell, I never even fully watched Rei. Rei was just a fanservice game-turned-Anime, and Kira is just plain fanservice, so there's no need for Rei or Kira. Kai ended the story spectacularly. I don't really know why people consider Rei to be a third season when IMO it's not even canon. Some of the stories were simply ridiculous.

Last edited:

Whimsicott

Pokemon Best Wishes 50/-
Gintama' 29/-
SKET Dance 29/-
Lucky Star 16/24
The iDOLM@ASTER 15/25
Mawaru Penguindrum 15/24
Fate/Zero 4/13
Bakuman 2 4/25
Working'!! 4/-
Persona 4 The Animation 3/-
C³ 3/-
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon 3/13
Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers 3/12
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! 3/-
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 3/-
Kimi to Boku. 3/13
Shakugan no Shana III (Final) 2/24
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira 2/4
Guilty Crown Airing 2/22
UN-GO 2/11
Mirai Nikki Airing 2/26
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OVA 1/2

My favorite so far is Guilty Crown. I recommend you people watch it. The art and music is simply flawless.

I won't drop Kira. C'mon it's one episode every two months. Yeh, it's bad...but it still has 'Higurashi' in the title. I kinda like the ending...

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Saturday Morning: BeyBlade: Metal Masters, Pokemon: Black & White, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, DragonBall Z Kai (x2), Tai Chi Chasers (not an anime, but...)

Saturday Night: Bleach, Durarara!

DVDs: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Complete Set

Streaming: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS (ep.1-5)

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
i just finished rozen maiden traumend. the ending wasnt really what i was expecting though.

Tycrane

Avid Pokétrainer
Currently watching:

S2 Bakuman
Hunter x Hunter 2011
Fate/Zero
One Piece
Toriko
Fairy Tail

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
okay, im watching up ga-rei zero right now...i wouldnt say im lost, but im a little confused.
ga-rei zero is the anime prequel to ga-rei the anime-less manga, right? but ga-rei isn't available in english anywhere(cept online, of course). since its a prequel, i dont think i have to read ga-rei to know whats going on, but it might help a little.

but the reason im confused is: why is the anime prequel in available in english before the actual manga itself is translated? isnt that backward?

ugh, i feel dumb for asking..

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Angel Beats 5/13
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 3/-
C3 4/-
Appleseed XIII 2/13
Beelzebub 39/-
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 26/26 (Rewatching) - Complete
Morita-san wa Mukuchi second season 1/13
Naruto: Shippuuden 233/-
Pokemon Best Wishes! 53/-
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume 4/-
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 3/- this show is just fun to watch
The iDOLM@STER 16/26
Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai 2 3/12

Mirai Nikki 3/- I freaking love this show!!!
Toradora! 25/25 - Complete
Guilty Crown 2/-

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Right now I'm watching, Saber Marionette J episode 2, I liked episode 1 so will see how things go from here outXD

Watching:

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - 4/?
Chihayafuru - 4/25
Future Diary - 3/26
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - 19/25
[C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control - 1/11

[C] happened because me and a friend were messing around on an anime site and were amused that [C] was listed under '[' in the A-Z. So, being bored, we watched it. And, despite making me distrustful of cash machines, it was pretty good, so I'll probably watch the rest of it.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
The World God Only Knows - 6/12
Deadman Wonderland - 6/12
Tiger & Bunny - 6/25
Steins;Gate - 6/24
When the Seagulls Cry - 12/26
Squid Girl (Season 2) - 4/12
Chihayafuru - 4/25
Ben-To - 3/?
Un-Go - 2/11

I've changed my mind about Ben-To - it's pretty fun and zany, and I like how Yarizui shows some warmth now and then (the lack of which is a characteristic I can find off-putting in your typical female aloof character).
Un-Go is not doing anything for me yet. It's fairly predictable, the quirk about asking one question that the recipient has to answer truthfully seems to be a bit of a shortcut to avoid some deduction, and I haven't been engaged by any of the characters so far. Perhaps I'll give it one more episode.

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Bleach
Naruto
Pokemon B/W
Seikon no Qwaser (this one is a little disturbing because the main charecters are 10 and 13 (the two main Qwasers) but when Sasha impales Mercury on his iron cross in such a badass bloddy fasion you kinda forget this fact and all is well!!!!)

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
just finished angel beats. it was the shiznit, everyone needs to see it.

BlueDragonfangirl

Now I'm on Martian Successor Nadeisco episode 3, that Vandread anime really got me into stuff like thatXD