• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Just finished watching a very interesting steampunk anime called Last Exile. From what I understand it's something of a cult classic, and I suppose I can see why it could be revered among the steampunk crowd. Overall the show had some ups and downs, but overall it was a good one-season show with some very interesting characters.

I have a lot of anime lined up to watch next, several classics that I haven't yet gotten around to seeing including Trigun, Ghost in the Shell and FLCL, but currently taking a break from anime to watch the last season of Doctor Who. :p

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 4/6
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 23/-
Appleseed XIII 3/13
Beelzebub 59/-
Naruto: Shippuuden 254/-
Mirai Nikki 22/26
Guilty Crown 21/22
Chihayafuru 24/25
Recorder to Randoseru 11/-
Brave 10 11/12
Another 11/12
Zero no Tsukaima F 11/12
Ano Natsu de Matteru 11/12
Mouretsu Pirates 11/26
Danshi Koukousei no Nichibros 11/12
Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! 11/12
Inu X Boku SS 10/12
Gintama' 50/-
Gokujo 10/-
To Aru Majutsu no Index II 12/24

Damn it Chihayafuru, you introducing a new character in the second last episode better be a sign of season 2 or I am going to be so mad.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
fate/zero is probably the best thing ive seen in 2012.

Janovy

Banned
I tried watching Bakemonogatari and I found myself quite bored, to be honest. Thus, I gave up. Great animation indeed, there is some interesting dialogue everywhere but it just can't keep my interest. It feels like a waste of time. :/

Future Diary - 22/26
Chihayafuru - 24/25
Lagrange: The Flower of Rin'ne - 11/12
Another - 11/12
Bodacious Space Pirates - 11/26
The Daily Lives of High School Boys - 11/12
Black Rock Shooter - 7/8
Fullmetal Alchemist - 29/51
Mobile Suit Gundam - 12/42
Soul Eater - 43/51
Ano Natsu de Matteru - 6/12

Damn it Chihayafuru, you introducing a new character in the second last episode better be a sign of season 2 or I am going to be so mad.

New characters or no, Chihayafuru would still need a second season. If someone offered me a choice between world peace and more Chihayafuru, I know exactly which I'd pick. I need more Chihaya. I need more Kana-chan. I need more Taichi. I need more Nishida. I need more Arata. I don't want to go back to my life before I met all these wonderful people. Dammit, you know an anime's done something to you when you hear the words "For me, there are 28 one-syllable cards" and feel that you have just heard the voice of the world's greatest badass. Simply put, I bloody love Chihayafuru. MORE NAO!

I feel so sorry for that poor, unsuspecting girl who incurred Literature Girl's wrath. The trauma must be the reason she was so evil the next time she turned up. And those two are idiots for almost awakening the Archdemon. They really forgot who they were dealing with, huh?

So, catching up on Ano Natsu. Damn, this show is addictive. And all the characters are so sweet! Well, except Remon. But I love her for her evil ways.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I tried watching Bakemonogatari and I found myself quite bored, to be honest. Thus, I gave up. Great animation indeed, there is some interesting dialogue everywhere but it just can't keep my interest. It feels like a waste of time. :/

It's not everyone's thing.

Ano Natsu de Matteru - 11
Another - 11
Bakuman 2 - 24
Black Rock Shooter - 7
Daily Lives of High School Boys - 11
Future Diary - 22

Gurren Lagann (Round 6!) - 20
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - 23
Persona 4 The Animation - 23

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
New characters or no, Chihayafuru would still need a second season. If someone offered me a choice between world peace and more Chihayafuru, I know exactly which I'd pick. I need more Chihaya. I need more Kana-chan. I need more Taichi. I need more Nishida. I need more Arata. I don't want to go back to my life before I met all these wonderful people. Dammit, you know an anime's done something to you when you hear the words "For me, there are 28 one-syllable cards" and feel that you have just heard the voice of the world's greatest badass. Simply put, I bloody love Chihayafuru. MORE NAO!

I feel the exact same way, though on top of all that I want more Sudo screentime. A question about the episode though, did you do a double take when Shinobu showed up and she was all chubby? I didn't think it was her at first.

I feel the exact same way, though on top of all that I want more Sudo screentime. A question about the episode though, did you do a double take when Shinobu showed up and she was all chubby? I didn't think it was her at first.

That was brilliant. The price one must pay for rare Snowmaru merchandise...

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Tomorrow I'm going to give NichiBros aka Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou a try~~

I've heard good things about it, and if it is similar to what I've seen of the plain Nichijou, I shall enjoy it thoroughly.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
That was brilliant. The price one must pay for rare Snowmaru merchandise...

It's things like that that are going to make me miss this series so much.

I've heard good things about it, and if it is similar to what I've seen of the plain Nichijou, I shall enjoy it thoroughly.

The Nichibros are freaking awesome.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

Bah, I haven't enjoyed it nearly as much as Nichijou. Or nearly at all. *grumpy*

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Amagami SS+ plus - 11/12
Another - 11/12
Kill Me Baby - 6/?
Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! - 11/26
Ano Natsu de Matteru - 11/12
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou - /12
Hanasaku Iroha - 15/26
Tales of the Abyss - 6/26

cookies kill you

Like a boss
sadly since verizon took off funimation not much but one piece 94 naruto shippuden 113 yugioh zexal 16 and bleach somewhere in filler land

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 4/6
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 23/-
Appleseed XIII 3/13
Beelzebub 59/-
Naruto: Shippuuden 255/-
Mirai Nikki 22/26
Guilty Crown 22/22 - COMPLETE
Chihayafuru 24/25
Recorder to Randoseru 11/-
Brave 10 11/12
Another 11/12
Zero no Tsukaima F 11/12
Ano Natsu de Matteru 11/12
Mouretsu Pirates 11/26
Danshi Koukousei no Nichibros 11/12
Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! 11/12
Inu X Boku SS 11/12
Gintama' 50/-
Gokujo 10/-
To Aru Majutsu no Index II 18/24
Nichijou 2/26 (Re-watching)

So I was bored and decided to start re-watching Nichijou.

Future Diary - 22/26
Chihayafuru - 24/25
Lagrange: The Flower of Rin'ne - 11/12
Another - 11/12
Bodacious Space Pirates - 11/26
The Daily Lives of High School Boys - 11/12
Black Rock Shooter - 8/8 FINISHED
Fullmetal Alchemist - 29/51
Mobile Suit Gundam - 12/42
Soul Eater - 47/51
Ano Natsu de Matteru - 11/12

All in all, Black Rock Shooter was a damn cool show.

And I'm caught up on Ano Natsu! Just in time for the finale!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Rewatched the rest of Star Driver. Finally got around to Evangelion 1.11. Continuing Future Diary and Another to the bitter end. Finished Black Rock Shooter today.

I just marathoned 21 out of the 22 episodes of Guilty Crown in six days, accidentally skipping episode 9 but not going back. I'm glad I did - I would have never been able to stand the thing one week at a time but watching it all at once was actually enjoyable, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Chris

Old Coot
Just finished Guilty Crown. So much wrong with the final episode. I probably would have preferred it ended ripping off Code Geass like I predicted it would. At least then half the **** it did would have made more logical sense.

Janovy

Banned
The finale made enough sense, I don't see what's so confusing about it. Inori gave Shu the red string of life thus he ended up alive but blind. And he lost his arm because all the voids basically vanished. While I dislike the fact Inori died as I really started caring for her in the recent episodes, I'm not ashamed to admitting that I really liked Guilty Crown.