• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I didn't have to know what a character sounded like in Japanese to come up with the opinion that the casting choices were wrong because it wasn't hard for me to figure out that Kyou sounded way too old for a teenager.

That hasn't really bothered me. I'm sure her voice could be slightly higher, but I let it slide since she tends to yell at people and make threats, and it helped reflect that personality. Fuko's voice kinda bothered me, but I warmed up to it eventually after another watch (meanwhile, Mom said she didn't like her, and yet she was close to tears after her arc and she questioned why she was feeling sorry for them despite all that). Akio I felt had some of the better moments in the dub when Andrew Love got him down-pat. Meanwhile, I'm still questioning why it is Kara Greenburg changed her voice for Sanae in After Story...

As for the translation notes, I hadn't really noticed. The subtitles are ugly, but I keep the subtitles off anyway. I only turned them on when I really needed to for my parents and grandparents when we watched it together (which was rare altogether, I think it was only really for Kotomi's room reveal, though my mom and grandmother wanted the subs on to know the translations for the OP).

The only real complaint I have is how the DVDs were handled. My God, that's some of the worst DVD designs I've ever seen. A spindle for the DVDs to stack on top of each other on? Really? And they're such beautiful discs, too. I hear they thankfully fixed that for the Blu-Ray release, buuuut I don't have a Blu-Ray, so...

It's a real shame because Kanon is one of my favourite dubs of all time. The moe was all but gone (Apart from Brittney Karbowski as Ayu who's still adorable) but the voice acting and the casting choices were all fantastic. The translation was a bit on the liberal side and the pronunciation of Japanese names was sometime a bit off but its highlights more than make up for its shortcomings.

Haven't watched Kanon's dub all the way (my brother's refusing to get back into it after Makoto's arc--can't blame him, though), but from what I did hear I was all "eh". Since people have brought up that Kanon's dub is good, I probably just need to watch it again to appreciate it more.

Bleach 26/366
Chrono Crusade - 8/24
Fantasista Doll - 1/12
Free! Specials - 1/?
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku - 10/12
Koi Kaze - 2/13
Sonic X - 60/78
Super Seisyun Brothers - 1/?
Tamayura: More Aggressive - 2/12

Guys, I don't know what's wrong with me. Why am I watching it? Why? Just because I saw JO's review of it? Why?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I haven't done this in a while, plus my list is small enough that it won't take an hour to list it all

Hajime no Ippo: 20/75
Hunter x Hunter: 98/?
Monogatari Series Second Season: 13/?
One Piece: 614/?
Toriko: 122/?
Uchuu Kyoudai: 75/?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation 12/12 - COMPLETE
Fantasista Doll 12/12 - COMPLETE
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 13/13 - COMPLETE
Hunter x Hunter 98/-

Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 10/12
Monogatari Series: Second Season 13/-
Naruto Shippuden 331/-
Recorder to Randoseru Miミ☆ 12/12 - COMPELTE
Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS 12/12 - COMPLETE
Shingeki no Kyojin 25/25 - COMPELTE

Soul Eater 24/51
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 23/24
Uchouten Kazoku 12/13
Uchuu Kyoudai 75/-

Nobody watch Fantasista Dolls, it's so, so bad.

Working!!- 1/13

Popura is probably the most adorable thing ever. Speaking of shows with a great seiyuu cast this has FukuJun, Asumi Kana, Ono Daisuke, Kitamura Eri and Kamiya Hiroshi all in the main cast. This is going to be fun

Working!! is a great series, I still live in hope of A-1 giving us season three one day. You haven't even got the best character introduced yet.

Oh, and once you're done with that, watch Servant x Service, you're pretty much guaranteed to like it if you also like Working!!

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I am currently watching "Myself; Yourself" since I really like romance :3

I think once I'm done with this I'll watch "Sunday Without God" since that looks interesting.

Working!!- 3/13

The comedy is still really effective and Popura is still as cute as ever. The Androphobia running gag is a bit hit and miss but I'm not a fan of physical humour in general so the fact that its even made me laugh on a few occasions is a good sign.

One thing that's always confused me is why the English release is called Wagnaria!! when Working!! would have been just fine as title. I haven't got the US DVDs but I'm pretty sure NIS leave the Japanese credits intact. Another thing I find confusing is that only the first season got a DVD release and only Season 2 got streamed on Crunchyroll.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Bleach 26/366
Chrono Crusade - 10/24
Fantasista Doll - 1/12
Free! Specials - 1/?
Koi Kaze - 5/13
Sonic X - 60/78

Woke up earlier than I would've liked today, so I went ahead to watch a couple of episodes of Chrono. Really interesting, I'm falling more and more in love with it.

For Koi Kaze, I think I got past the really icky part, I'm not sure. I just know that I'm apparently trying to get through it as quick as possible so I can be done with it. The show's been on my desktop since July, and I'd like to clear some space off my computer.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I am currently watching "Myself; Yourself" since I really like romance :3

I think once I'm done with this I'll watch "Sunday Without God" since that looks interesting.

Watching Sunday Without God now, do it. I'm 5 episodes in and its great.

Vernikova

Champion
Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Soul Eater
Sword Art Online if it counts as a show

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Bleach 26/366
Chrono Crusade - 10/24
Fantasista Doll - 1/12
Free! Specials - 1/?
Koi Kaze - 9/13
Sonic X - 60/78

Despite the content matter, I'm actually pretty interested in the story. There's just something about it that makes me unable to look away, but I can't exactly pinpoint what it is. Though during the flashback sequences, I was being reminded of my youngest brother, as there is a 12-year age gap between him and I, only difference is my parents are still married and thus I was able to watch him grow up even if we haven't done much together. But the feeling of having a young sibling at such an age was there, so I could relate to it fairly well.

Those flashback sequences really were adorable, hee.

LthePanda

Just finished a good amount of them so here I go:
The World God Only Knows
Ghost Hunt
Ghost Stories (the english dub is amazing)
Guilty Crown
Mirrai Nikki
The hentai prince and the stony cat
A certain magical index
Dog and Scissors (I am not even sure if it is actually over)
FMA Brotherhood (This one was long overdue after watching the original years ago)

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Aria the Natural - 9
Hunter X Hunter - 97
Monogatari Series Second Season - 12
Space Brothers - 75
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - COMPLETE

Big dumb Railgun finale was kind of a guilty pleasure. I knew what I was watching was pants-on-head retarded but at the same time I was having fun.

Sucky Summer season now over. Bring on Fantastic Fall.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Big dumb Railgun finale was kind of a guilty pleasure. I knew what I was watching was pants-on-head retarded but at the same time I was having fun.

Sucky Summer season now over. Bring on Fantastic Fall.

Hey, it wasn't sucky

Servant x Service, Gin no Saji, Monogatari #2, Uchouten Kazoku, Sunday Without God, Kaminomi, Free!, and Rozen Maiden (2013) were all good/great. Sure, Fall will probably have more than twice the amount of good/great shows, but Summer was definitely better than Winter this year

Oh, god, what am I doing with my life

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
One thing that's always confused me is why the English release is called Wagnaria!! when Working!! would have been just fine as title. I haven't got the US DVDs but I'm pretty sure NIS leave the Japanese credits intact. Another thing I find confusing is that only the first season got a DVD release and only Season 2 got streamed on Crunchyroll.
Season 1 is available on Crunchyroll in North America only. It was probably a sub-license from NIS America.

A Certain Scientific Railgun S - 23/24
Attack on Titan - 25/25
Danganronpa: The Animation - 13/13

Heartcatch Precure! - 31/49
Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 98/?
Love Lab - 13/13

Monogatari Series: Second Season - 12/26
Space Brothers - 74/?
The Eccentric Family - 12/13

Love Lab had some really nice characters and was just good harmless fun. It could have explored the romance angle more, though; I think doing so would have lifted the show. If there was a season 2, I'd expect it to go in that direction based on how things have gone so far.

Danganronpa was odd. You barely had time to work anything out and the characters were so extreme that they were impossible to take seriously... and yet it wasn't a terrible show. It was at least fun to watch the mysteries unfold, and it had a crazy kind of style to it.

Attack on Titan had some cool ideas, and some of the action was really exciting, but after a while, it couldn't keep its momentum going and situations began repeating themselves. You have some really intense stuff happening one minute, and then you completely kill the momentum with a flashback to what happened a few weeks ago... it was difficult to stay immersed in a show with that structure. As a result, I felt as if I was watching the series with more of a cynical eye as it progressed. In the end, it was only an okay show.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
danganronpa: kibou no gakuen to zetsubou no koukousei - the animation 7/13
diabolik lovers 2/12
free! 11/12
genshiken nidaime 12/13
hidamari sketch 2/12
jigoku shoujo mitsuganae 13/26
kiniro mosaic 1/12
naruto: shippuden 161/-
one piece 602/-
shingeki no kyojin 25/25 || COMPLETED

- specials -
chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!: depth of field - ai to nikushimi gekijyo 2/7
free! specials 1/-
tamako market specials 4/6

everytime snk shoves eren's basement key in my face, a little part of me starts dying not knowing what it unlocks. s2 plz

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Hajime no Ippo: 23/75
Hunter x Hunter: 98/?
Monogatari Series Second Season: 13/?
One Piece: 614/?
Toriko: 122/?
Uchuu Kyoudai: 75/?

I'm watching Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam and Monogatari Series Second Season as episodes are released on Daisuke. And I just saw the finale of Attack on Titan today.